The Student Room Group

I will never understand why people like dogs

Scroll to see replies

Original post by BenAssirati
Poor you :frown:

Can't you even?

The ability to distinguish between literal and figurative language is quite important in social interaction, and so (indirectly) relationship development, dear friend. So don't pity me.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by TolerantBeing
Distinguishing between literal and figurative language is quite important in social interaction, and so (indirectly) relationship development, dear friend. So don't pity me.

Oh, I noticed you weren't being literal, I'm just using the word correctly :wink:
I don't think my dog is too impressed by this thread...

150.jpg

EDIT: She is really cute in reality...just not during the morning xD
I agree that some dog owners are exceptionally stupid. And some dogs resemble their owners in that respect.

But for the most part, the dogs are an ancient and noble race. The Newfoundland Dog, for example, is well known to have a wise and gentle disposition. And it is famous for swimming into rivers to save drowning people.

Look at those beautiful, expressive eyes; it is indisputably a wise creature. And look at this YouTube video. The gentle dog doesn't bite the human baby

[video="youtube;cYl8SYNuaKQ"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYl8SYNuaKQ[/video]
(edited 9 years ago)
I rate the big dogs over stupid yappy creatures such as the Chihuahua. All Chihuahua's should be put to death
Oh, I noticed you weren't being literal, I'm just using the word correctly :wink:

If you understand that it is figurative speech, and took context into consideration (like normal people) you wouldn't have had a problem with it.

Failure to understand figurative language... can be a symptom of Aspergers. :holmes:

I'd strongly advise against reading a poem, you may have a fit (please be warned, I didn't mean 'fit' literally​)
Reply 46
Original post by MostUncivilised
I agree that some dog owners are exceptionally stupid. And some dogs resemble their owners in that respect.

But for the most part, the dogs are an ancient and noble race. The Newfoundland Dog, for example, is well known to have a wise and gentle disposition. And it is famous for swimming into rivers to save drowning people.

Look at those beautiful, expressive eyes; it is indisputably a wise creature. And look at this YouTube video. The gentle dog doesn't bite the human baby

[video="youtube;cYl8SYNuaKQ"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYl8SYNuaKQ[/video]

My next-next-door neighbour has a baby and they recently got a Newfoundland puppy; it's probably the cutest thing I have ever seen, and apparently the baby and it are fast becoming friends!! :tongue:
If you understand that it is figurative speech, and took context into consideration (like normal people) you wouldn't have had a problem with it.

Failure to understand figurative language... can be a symptom of Aspergers. :holmes:

I'd strongly advise against reading a poem, you may have a fit (please be warned, I didn't mean 'fit' literally​)

Attempted usage of subtleties in conjunction with insults. Mature. :rolleyes:

Anyway, it is time for me to depart, for I literally cannot cope with my lethargy and tiredness. Farewell.
Original post by Ceryni
My next-next-door neighbour has a baby and they recently got a Newfoundland puppy; it's probably the cutest thing I have ever seen, and apparently the baby and it are fast becoming friends!! :tongue:

Aww :smile: Newfie pups are so cute it should be illegal.

And they are very protective of their owners, they are not stupid yappy dogs. As Wiki says

Newfoundland dogs are well known for their even temperament and stoic nature. They are highly loyal and make ideal working dogs. It is for this reason that this breed is known as "the gentle giant". International kennel clubs generally describe the breed as having a sweet temper

Too cute. That is my kind of dog.
Attempted usage of subtleties in conjunction with insults. Mature. :rolleyes:

Anyway, it is time for me to depart, for I literally cannot cope with my lethargy and tiredness. Farewell.

Because your initial post was brimming with maturity.

:smug:

More spam. Following with the ginger theme, but slightly larger-

What a beaut.
Original post by MostUncivilised
Aww :smile: Newfie pups are so cute it should be illegal.

And they are very protective of their owners, they are not stupid yappy dogs. As Wiki says

Too cute. That is my kind of dog.

Not all small, yappy dogs are stupid.

Poodles, (and that includes the toy poodle) is the second most intelligent breed of dog. And they can be very yappy.
Reply 51
I dunno if this is relevant, but idgaf, I'm gonna tell a story about my dog.

We got our dog about 4 years ago, and for a few months we were toilet training him. In the nights he would tend to need to go for a pee, but we were all asleep so sometimes he would do it indoors. We didn't mind because we were training him and knew he would stop doing this once he was older and more trained.

So one morning, we woke up and were getting ready for school/work but as I went downstairs I saw a trail of toilet roll all the way to the bottom. When i got down there I found it ended where our dog had peed inside in the hall and there was a huge clump where he had tried to clean it up like we would. He has never done anything as intelligent as this after (he is kinda a silly dog - sometimes clever but most of the times an idiot) but when he did it, it was so cute and to do it at such a young age is craz.
You are actually the new worst troll on here
Original post by ozzie2
I dunno if this is relevant, but idgaf, I'm gonna tell a story about my dog.

We got our dog about 4 years ago, and for a few months we were toilet training him. In the nights he would tend to need to go for a pee, but we were all asleep so sometimes he would do it indoors. We didn't mind because we were training him and knew he would stop doing this once he was older and more trained.

So one morning, we woke up and were getting ready for school/work but as I went downstairs I saw a trail of toilet roll all the way to the bottom. When i got down there I found it ended where our dog had peed inside in the hall and there was a huge clump where he had tried to clean it up like we would. He has never done anything as intelligent as this after (he is kinda a silly dog - sometimes clever but most of the times an idiot) but when he did it, it was so cute and to do it at such a young age is craz.

Haha aww that is adorable! :cry2:
I wish my dog was that bloody considerate.
Reply 54
Original post by Daniellejo.
Haha aww that is adorable! :cry2:
I wish my dog was that bloody considerate.

Yeah well don't worry it was his only stroke of intelligence, he now just whines all the time - for our leftovers etc and barks when doors are closed for rooms we are in as he wants to join us, which is annoying as hell

Thanks for the rep btw (if it was you?) :biggrin:
Not all small, yappy dogs are stupid.

Poodles, (and that includes the toy poodle) is the second most intelligent breed of dog. And they can be very yappy.

Small? Yappy?

My friend, I'll have you know that a standard poodle is quite a large animal. And quite majestic too.

I've always preferred the larger dogs anyway. The nordic spitz breeds, newfoundland, Saint Bernard, the bigger the better.

Then you get fascinating variations in temperament, like the uncannily smart Korean Jindo and Canaan dog... the most variation a cat can give in comparison are the Savannah. Cats just disinterest me...
Original post by Another
Small? Yappy?

My friend, I'll have you know that a standard poodle is quite a large animal. And quite majestic too.

I've always preferred the larger dogs anyway. The nordic spitz breeds, newfoundland, Saint Bernard, the bigger the better.

Then you get fascinating variations in temperament, like the uncannily smart Korean Jindo and Canaan dog... the most variation a cat can give in comparison are the Savannah. Cats just disinterest me...

I know what size a standard poodle is. I was referring to the toy and miniature poodles.

Trust me, I am an avid poodle fan, I know my poodles.
Reply 57
I totally agree. I don't like dogs either.
Both my parents are blind and need their guide dogs. Pretty strong argument for dogs not being 'pig filth' as you so eloquently put it.
Original post by AlphaDog0127

how can you not love that face?

Aww that is soo adorable :ahee:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending