Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I am a recent PPE graduate and I am looking for a temporary job just to get by for the time being whilst I pursue my career aspirations.

Anyhow I popped into A&F to speak to the manager about applying for their sales assistant position (impact). The manager was really helpful and he suggested I also apply for the model position. Now I have seen the A&F shop floor workers and I honestly don't think I would feel out of place doing that sort of work even though I have heard loads of people mention how intimidatingly attractive the people who work their are.

However, I am a little apprehensive about applying for the model position as I really don't see myself that way. I kind of made this point to the manager but he said why not just cover all the bases and see what happens. To be honest that does make sense and I really do need a job ASAP for financial reasons so should I just give it a punt?

ReputationRep:
    You should get a refund on that ppe degree.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samba)
    You should get a refund on that ppe degree.
    Trust me I've considered that option especially as I never envisaged myself doing retail type work after graduation. But no point in wallowing just need to take what I can get and believe in the long term I will be a success in my own right.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.