Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So obviously a lot of us are hoping to be attending university around september/october time. I was just wondering, how is freshers week? Is it as good as everyone makes out? and like how awkward was it for you guys who have attended uni meeting your flatmates etc?

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

I would like some insight on this too as I will be joining uni this September as well.

ReputationRep:
    Me too

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    basically its fine meeting all the new people is nothing to worry about if you remember everyone's in the same boat. as to what happens there are lots of chances to go out and other things to do in the ay such as the opportunity to join societies. there is a far bit of drinking but you don't need to do that and most unis offer other things to do.

ReputationRep:
    Fresher's Week was one the best weeks of my entire life. University is what you make of it. So get involved with everything you can during Fresher's Week. I don't know what it is like at other Unis but at Harper Adams it is great fun.

ReputationRep:
    I drank a litre of urine, had balls in my mouth, wet my pants, pulled a middle-aged woman and cried myself to sleep during Freshers and it was still the best week of my life.

You're in for a treat. It can be whatever you want it to be, just go in there willing to do anything (within reason) and you'll have a great time.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.