Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So this is my second thread, started one like a year ago my shoulder was in a terrible state to continue the comeback. After almost 2 years of being unable to workout, it seems I'm back with only barbell bench the exercise I can't do

My next workout isn't until Wednesday so I'll just write up my routine

Strength day
    DB Bench 5x5
    DB rows 5x5
    Squats 5x5
    OHP 3x5
    Biceps for whatever

Recovery day
    Incline DB bench 3x5
    DB rows 3x5
    Dead lift 1x5
    Shoulder giant set (OHP, overhead shrugs, face pulls) 3x10
    Triceps

Hypertrophy day
    DB Bench 3x6-12
    DB rows 4x6-10
    Leg press 3x8-15
    Shoulder giant set 3x10
    Biceps
    Abs

It looks like a weird order but I warm up DB rows and bench together, keeps the shoulder feeling good. Then do the workout sets separately. Would love to squat more often, shoulder doesn't allow it, so to with OHP but it's the same with going heavy on that. The shoulder giant set thing is something I got from Jim Wendell and it makes my shoulder feel awesome

Anyways hope to lean out down to about 90kg by October. Cardio is football twice a week for an hour to build fitness to acceptable level before adding in MMA

Diet is IF. Around maintainance on workout days and -800 on off/ cardio days. Let's turn green

ReputationRep:
    Hulk green or vegetable green?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hulk :eyebrow:

ReputationRep:
    might be worthing squatting first on your strength day when you still have the most energy? whats your current weight and lifts?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AreebWithaHat)
    might be worthing squatting first on your strength day when you still have the most energy? whats your current weight and lifts?
    I would love to but my shoulder just can't handle it. I need to come in and do about 20-25 mins of foam rolling and stretching to squat first and would then need to do the same before I bench. Even now, I have to superset the bench and row warm up sets in in order to bench pain free.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered fitness blogs threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.