Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone, I haven't seen a thread dedicated to specific housing, so here is a Robbins one. Seeming I have applied for it.

Im in ROB-H-6 anyone else?

ReputationRep:
    I'm in ROB-R-3, had no idea what to pick so just went for a random one.

Did you look around it at all? I haven't seen it so have no idea what it's like!

I don't even know if my room's en suite or not, I didn't really understand how you were supposed to know so just went for a random one!

ReputationRep:
    I saw all of them in that area but Robbins! xD so I have no clue either, but you should be able to figure out if was en-suit, standard or interior from the top of the page, or just have a look at the holding page as that gives you a summery of what you have

ReputationRep:
    Haha yeah I looked at Francis Drake and Gilwell to get an idea of top end and bottom end but I've got the lowest maintenance loan so can't actually afford any of them hahaha... Liked the look of Robbins on the pictures though so went for that!

What course are you doing?

ReputationRep:
    Robbins is definitely value for money, I've seen a few pictures of the inside, not my most preferred but I'd rather have more money, I'm taking Illustration and you?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I think that's the best way to do it, we're only living there for a year so there's no point paying loads I don't think. Primary education

ReputationRep:
    I'm in D406. Everyone is making such a fuss over the more expensive ones like Francis drake ect but I'd rather not be flat broke for the whole year!

ReputationRep:
    I'm in Rob-E-Flat 3 I didn't look round either haha so I hope it's nice, but does anyone know around a bouts what day we move in?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Riri_Y)
    I'm in Rob-E-Flat 3 I didn't look round either haha so I hope it's nice, but does anyone know around a bouts what day we move in?
    the 19th of sep is the first day you can move in, i think its till the sunday though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daniellee9)
    the 19th of sep is the first day you can move in, i think its till the sunday though.
    Okay, thanks

ReputationRep:
    I'm in C-405 anyone else close?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Im in rob-h-7

ReputationRep:
    Lived in Robbins last year block Q. Robbins is a pretty good hall all told, slightly strange set up in that some flats that say floor 7 are very literally 7 large flights up and others like mine in Q were shorter so my flat was Q7 03. I was a the top of Q block but it was five shorted flights of stairs not 7. I think my room was counted as an internal, if you are in the roof you're quite lucky honestly. It's a lot of stairs but it's worth it as the flats are bigger, lighter and airier. I think the ones in the very tall blocks have an additional living space from their kitchen too but I cant 100% confirm this as I did not visit one.

https://drive.google.com/?usp=chrome...mV6RWpQWE10Rms

I uploaded a few of the photos I have in this google doc. I'm not sure they're particularly useful, they only really give an idea of what my flat was like (ignore the reluctant housemates in the kitchen haha), though I'm pretty certain all the showers are the same. Personally if you end up in a loft room like mine, I'd move the bed against the wall. It's easy to do and frees up a lot of floor space.

ReputationRep:
    ROB-D-6

ReputationRep:
    I'm in ROB-L-5. Is anyone close.

Because of my course, I have to move in earlier, does anyone else have to move in earlier as well?

ReputationRep:
    I will be in Rob Q 603.

Anyone near by?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi! I'm in Robbins E flat 5, I'm getting pretty psyched for Freshers now!

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I'm in Robbins J 707

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ozzolins)
    ROB-D-6

yup im in ROB-D-602

ReputationRep:
    hk

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Plymouth University resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.