Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm a 17 year old male and I weigh 67 kg at 5'8". I would like to lose around 5 kg or more in order to have a flat stomach or at least some what near to that. How would you recommend doing this ?

ReputationRep:
    eat less. exercise more. it's that simple.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blyts-_)
    I'm a 17 year old male and I weigh 67 kg at 5'8". I would like to lose around 5 kg or more in order to have a flat stomach or at least some what near to that. How would you recommend doing this ?
    Monitor your calories, make sure you do your cardio, easy as that. I've tried losing weight through lifting weights only and with cardio. Cardio is FAR quicker but the best way would be to eat less, eat better quality food, do some cardio and lift a little too. Lost 8lbs in the past 5 days, due to fasting and cardio.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by randomgeeza)
    Monitor your calories, make sure you do your cardio, easy as that. I've tried losing weight through lifting weights only and with cardio. Cardio is FAR quicker but the best way would be to eat less, eat better quality food, do some cardio and lift a little too. Lost 8lbs in the past 5 days, due to fasting and cardio.
    I fast too! When do you do your cardio?

ReputationRep:
    Download the myfitnesspal app on your phone and use it on a daily basis, it will help you track your daily intake of food and keep you motivated!

ReputationRep:
    First you need to understand what caused you to gain more weight. Is it mainly carbs, fat or a combination?
    There are natural weight loss organic products you can then use to minimise carb or fat absorption.

ReputationRep:
    Try swimming, jogging, cycling if you're just trying to lose a bit of weight

ReputationRep:
    I fast too! When do you do your cardio?
    After breaking my fast (Iftaar, if you're Muslim). I go most days, not all.

ReputationRep:
    Fap

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    also advocate fasting; I don't do it for religious purposes, but if you search intermittent fasting thats the plan I've been using to good effect. cut all junk, processed food and drink, and take in a ton of water, a lot of protein and unsaturated fat, and some clean low GI carbs. eat as much veg as you want/can; one or two pieces of whole fruit max. HIIT cardio one day, steady state the next, mixed with weight lifting. results guaranteed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by randomgeeza)
    After breaking my fast (Iftaar, if you're Muslim). I go most days, not all.
    what type of cardio do you do after iftaar?

ReputationRep:
    what type of cardio do you do after iftaar?
    I changed it about, because I tend to get bored really easily. I either:

HIIT - 15 minutes, 2 minutes quick and rest for 30 seconds.
    Steady Pace - 30 minutes.
    Brisk walk (I only do this, if I am doing a weight session) - Put the incline on max, then set it to a brisk walk pace.

Either works, just burn calories, sweat like a pig and push yourself. Remember you're only cheating yourself. You usually know if you've had a good session.

ReputationRep:
    You weigh pretty much nothing already, at 62kg you'll be skin and bones, surely? I'm 5,7 and 102kg.

ReputationRep:
    calorie deficit is EVERYTHING, figure out your tdee and eat 500 cals less than that each day and lift weights so you don't lose muscle mass

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scoobiedoobiedo)
    You weigh pretty much nothing already, at 62kg you'll be skin and bones, surely? I'm 5,7 and 102kg.
    ye but you're contributing to this countries obesity problem with your bmi.

my taxpayers money is going on your diabetes and heart attack treatment. selfish prick.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by illusionz)
    ye but you're contributing to this countries obesity problem with your bmi.

my taxpayers money is going on your diabetes and heart attack treatment. selfish prick.

Please forgive me.

ReputationRep:
    Start doing regular exercise and take proper diet.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.