Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Ask a black girl anything Watch

ReputationRep:
    I cant seem to fall asleep before 3am anymore so I thought this would be fun.

Some background info:
    • University drop out (going to start a different course in September)
    • I have lived in London my whole life in both South/West and East.
    • I have a muslim father and catholic mother
    • I work in a youth centre (therefore funemployed through summer holidays)
    • I would like to have a career working with young people/offenders
    • I love to cook and learn new recipes
    • I think the world would be a better place if we all listened to a bit of India Arie
    • I despise the Kardashians but respect their business mind
    • In my spare time I read and have begun to write short stories.

The only silly questions are those unasked

ReputationRep:
    You have a Muslim father and a Catholic mother.

What were you raised as (if anything ofc)? :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    Do you believe England's early exit in the World Cup is due to a psychological deficiency or simply a lack of talent?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Law-Hopeful)
    You have a Muslim father and a Catholic mother.

What were you raised as (if anything ofc)? :holmes:
    My parents were together since sixth form and had me during their masters. Since they both went to boarding school from nursery to 16 religion was not highly installed in them. My father only began practising about 8 years ago once he married my step mum and my mum doesnt really practice but believes in Jesus and holy spirit etc.

As I lived with just my mum from birth to 13 i was raised catholic but when I lived with my dad for a year he just begun practising so I was raised as a muslim throughout than time. Although my mum has raised me to eat strictly halal and not to drink alcohol (i still follow this). So I guess you can say I was raised more as a Catholic but with Islamic awareness and habits,

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FKLW)
    Do you believe England's early exit in the World Cup is due to a psychological deficiency or simply a lack of talent?
    I must admit my initial reaction to this was "lol wtf".

I dont follow football and was forced to watch the world cup because of my boyfriend taking over the tv. From his reactions and comments I would have to say that England is just ****. But maybe the weather played a part I understand England has many players that play abroad but I think if you train in this ****ty English weather (which has been nice recently lol) when you go to a hot country like Brazil you are bound to suffer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LondonLove29)
    I cant seem to fall asleep before 3am anymore so I thought this would be fun.

Some background info:
    • University drop out (going to start a different course in September)
    • I have lived in London my whole life in both South/West and East.
    • I have a muslim father and catholic mother
    • I work in a youth centre (therefore funemployed through summer holidays)
    • I would like to have a career working with young people/offenders
    • I love to cook and learn new recipes
    • I think the world would be a better place if we all listened to a bit of India Arie
    • I despise the Kardashians but respect their business mind
    • In my spare time I read and have begun to write short stories.

The only silly questions are those unasked
    ooohh a black gurl....

catholic yeh say any irish blood in yeh:?

my aunt works in your career path interestingly enough

will check her out...yeh id be the same...fair play for the kardashians for getting to watch it..

aww any chance youd share a short story with us:?

ReputationRep:
    I must admit my initial reaction to this was "lol wtf".

I dont follow football and was forced to watch the world cup because of my boyfriend taking over the tv. From his reactions and comments I would have to say that England is just ****. But maybe the weather played a part I understand England has many players that play abroad but I think if you train in this ****ty English weather (which has been nice recently lol) when you go to a hot country like Brazil you are bound to suffer.
    A lot of the Europeans seem to cope fine, surely with all the technology there is no excuse for things like heat? Also the bit in bold you mean England has NO players playing abroad? With players such as Rooney, Sterling, Gerrard, Sturridge etc. should we have at least got out of the group? Our tactics weren't very good in all honesty; we played too attacking and didn't even score many :rofl: Also would you have taken Terry on the plane to partner Cahill, or are you a fan of Jagielka?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trustmeimlying1)
    ooohh a black gurl....

catholic yeh say any irish blood in yeh:?

my aunt works in your career path interestingly enough

will check her out...yeh id be the same...fair play for the kardashians for getting to watch it..

aww any chance youd share a short story with us:?
    😂😂 I love your name. No Irish blood I am from Sierra Leone and Liberia (both in west Africa). As "short" as my stories are they are waaaaaay to long to type on on this phone. Since I currently have no laptop they are all handwritten or I would have shown a chapter. Try to think of "kidulthood" with more focus on the females meet "The Real Housewives..."

And definitely check out India Arie I live listening to her when I am just relaxing thinking about life etc. The Kardashians just irritate me but I have such a guilty pleasure for reality tv.

ReputationRep:
    I like the fact you're beginning to write short stories, that's interesting. Care to tell us about them? What are their plots, themes and styles? Hoping to get them published?

ReputationRep:
    ����������
  1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.