Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi I have seen there's countless posts on this and various answer.

So I was short-listed(lucky me) and they contacted me by phone a few days after the email, asking me if I could come in the store for an induction on the 18th(a friday) then work the saturday and sunday I think I heard correctly was too shocked that I had actually been contacted and then asked me a few questions for example;
    Where do I shop?
    What makes a good team member?
    I answered these and the manager of the store said 'well we definitely want you as part of the sales team we will contact you next week with further information' SO does this mean I've got the job and the induction will finalise everything or is there anything else?
    And also is the job just for the two days I presume or throughout the summer as I have seen people posting that it's a summer job?
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smithy776)

So I was short-listed(lucky me) and they contacted me by phone a few days after the email, asking me if I could come in the store for an induction on the 18th(a friday) then work the saturday and sunday I think I heard correctly was too shocked that I had actually been contacted and then asked me a few questions for example;
    Where do I shop?
    What makes a good team member?
    I answered these and the manager of the store said 'well we definitely want you as part of the sales team we will contact you next week with further information' SO does this mean I've got the job and the induction will finalise everything or is there anything else?
    And also is the job just for the two days I presume or throughout the summer as I have seen people posting that it's a summer job?
    Thanks
    You have got the job!The induction will be a hour long, you will be watching videos,signing your contract etc. If you have applied for the Sales support team your shifts will be for the upcoming sale which is next week, starting on the 18 July but for you the following day. This is normally a temp job and not for the whole summer but there could be chance of a permanent role for you if you impress! Good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Newjob)
    . This is normally a temp job and not for the whole summer

Thanks for the info.

Does this mean I'll only be working the 4 shifts over 2 weeks that they mentioned in the email? How long does the sale last?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blacknarcissa)
    Thanks for the info.

Does this mean I'll only be working the 4 shifts over 2 weeks that they mentioned in the email? How long does the sale last?
    Yes so say Saturday Sunday then week 2 Monday Tuesday

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smithy776)
    Where do I shop?
    Congrats! I've been short-listed too,how long did they take to contact you? and what was your answer to the question about shopping i think i'd say topshopp,tkmaxx,new look etc.

ReputationRep:
    I have just received an email as well to tell me I've been shortlisted!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    ive recieved 4 emails in the past 5 days saying ive been shortlisted. should they have called by now? as the sales are this weekend isnt it abit late ??

ReputationRep:
    As someone who's been working for Next since March, congratulations and GOOD LUCK!!! It's getting insanely busy at my store and the workload is about ten times what it usually is, and we're not a very big store... Get plenty of sleep!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.