Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The most socially awkward moment of your life? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Not a big one, but happens all the time...

Me: Hi, how are you?
    Person 1: Good thanks, how are you?
    Me: I'm great, how are you?
    Person 1: .......

ReputationRep:
    Genuinely cannot recall my last awkward social interaction. Maybe if you stop being weird and odd you'd have less socially awkward moments OP, I cannot stress how important practice is for this sort of thing. Get out there and exercise your brain to perceive and interpret social cues.

ReputationRep:
    This didn't happen long ago... basically when the "dinner lady" (sorry, this was a canteen at uni, don't know the right term for this) asked "Would you like rice with this?" I just nodded. I didn't know that the dish she was holding was meant for the person behind me in the queue! Well she handled the situation brilliantly (without shouting at me, just saying to the dinner lady "oh sorry, I didn't want the rice, thanks") and then my ]dish came.

(I think I've already posted this in another thread)

ReputationRep:
    Too many to list. Pretty much every single social interaction I make is the most embarrassing one.

ReputationRep:
    I started typing on iMessage then saw my friend start to type so I stopped and then they stopped aswel -_-

ReputationRep:
    When I started school and everyone went to the same previous school except me. Made it much harder to make friends, though I eventually did.

ReputationRep:
    Trying to make small talk with the barber, teachers you don't know that well, customers at work, class mates you don't know what well but envy their popularity, relatives you haven't seen ever in your life before, driving instructor, work manager, taxi driver, parents' friends, older siblings' friends, and crappy people you don't
    really give an ish about are all pretty excrutiatingly socially awkwardly painful lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Most things I do are socially awkward :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    When someone poos in your handbag

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuperFly)
    Trying to make small talk with the barber, teachers you don't know that well, customers at work, class mates you don't know what well but envy their popularity, relatives you haven't seen ever in your life before, driving instructor, work manager, taxi driver, parents' friends, older siblings' friends, and crappy people you don't
    really give an ish about are all pretty excrutiatingly socially awkwardly painful lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Pretty much this.

ReputationRep:
    this guy was saying something about his brother
    i asked if it was the fat one
    he goes 'dont call my brother fat'
    and i wanted to slap him

i usually react to people talking down to me like that, especially from that mug, but that day i didnt for some reason, which made it kinda awkward.

ReputationRep:
    oh yeah once this guy asked me for some directions and i was telling him got the map out on my phone everything and he was like thanks and he appreciated blah blah and im like thanks as well

what the **** is wrong with me sometimes

ReputationRep:
    Me at basically every restaurant;
    Waiter: Enjoy your meal
    Me: You too!

:facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
    Once this lady asked me what the time was and I legit forgot how to tell the time
    I was like 'umm.... ummm.... five past ..... maybe its actually five o'clock? ....'

ReputationRep:
    When I was introduced to a girl a few years ago:

Me: "Hi, how are you?"
    Her: "Good thanks, how are you?"
    Me: "Good."
    *Ten seconds of excruciating awkwardness as we kind of stared at each other*
    Her: (turns to her friend)
    Her: "Can you get him away from me, please?"

I was quite the conversationalist.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pro Crastination)
    When I was introduced to a girl a few years ago:

Me: "Hi, how are you?"
    Her: "Good thanks, how are you?"
    Me: "Good."
    *Ten seconds of excruciating awkwardness as we kind of stared at each other*
    Her: (turns to her friend)
    Her: "Can you get him away from me, please?"

I was quite the conversationalist.
    What a *****.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EatAndRevise)
    What a *****.
    I agree but why the **** does it say your comment was posted in 1970?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brownsugar-xx)
    I agree but why the **** does it say your comment was posted in 1970?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I don't believe it does...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sophsha)
    Classy.

Mine would be the time I was kissing my partner goodbye and an old lady walked past and said 'ooh look at you two! young love!' and winked. I didn't know where to look.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sophsha)

This ^^

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.