The Student Room Group

Falsely accused in an exam

Hi, I recently took my GCSE's this year and in my last exam my exam officer thought I was cheating by bringing a phone into the exam. I wasn't cheating and so I was able to prove it by emptying all my pockets showing her everything. She then said 'sorry for any embarrassment we may have cause' which annoyed me but I carried on as it was my last exam. I have two questions...
1) could I report her if I felt she singled me out?
2) is she allowed to investigate me and report me to the exam board?
I haven't cheated or anything it just doesn't make me conforms table not knowing what she could be doing right now.
Original post by Curious12345

I have two questions...
I haven't cheated or anything it just doesn't make me conforms table not knowing what she could be doing right now.

1. If cheating is suspected by any candidate she has a responsibility to investigate it.
2. She has investigated it and determined there is no problem and apologised if there was any embarrassment. She has nothing to report to the examiners and would have to inform you if any action was being taken.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by gdunne42
1. If cheating is suspected by any candidate she has a responsibility to investigate it.
2. She has investigated it and determined there is no problem and apologised if there was any embarrassment. She has nothing to report to the examiners and would have to inform you if any action was being taken.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Bingo.
Original post by Curious12345
Hi, I recently took my GCSE's this year and in my last exam my exam officer thought I was cheating by bringing a phone into the exam. I wasn't cheating and so I was able to prove it by emptying all my pockets showing her everything. She then said 'sorry for any embarrassment we may have cause' which annoyed me but I carried on as it was my last exam. I have two questions...

1) She apologised so she probably didn't mean to single you out, you probably won't see this invigilator ever again so just forget about it. Nothing happened anyway. :smile:

2) She is allowed to but from what it sounds she isn't going to/has no meaning to. If she was to, which she highly likely won't, I don't think they would take any action anyway.

Quick Reply

Latest