Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Bradford have the 5 years pharmacy course with pre-reg year integrated. It will help me to solve the problem of finding a place for pre-reg, because as an international student, I think I may meet a lot of difficulties if I take up the traditional 4 year programme.

Nottingham is a considered a high ranked university. Hence, I think the employers will be more willing to employ a 'branded' uni graduates in the future. However I will have to solve my pre-reg problem myself because I have to find an employer who is willing to sponsor my work visa.

And Nottingham have more lecture hours than Bradford according to the statistics found in other websites.

So which will be better?? >.<

ReputationRep:
    Nottingham has a 5 year course too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by demetria)
    Nottingham has a 5 year course too
    Thanks,I was too late to notice it. T.T

I didnt apply to Nottingham through UCAS that's why now I hold a 4-years(Nottingham) and 5 years(Bradford).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Harada)
    Thanks,I was too late to notice it. T.T

I didnt apply to Nottingham through UCAS that's why now I hold a 4-years(Nottingham) and 5 years(Bradford).
    Oh right, well Nottingham is higher up in league tables and has a better reputation (plus I think the city is much nicer but maybe I'm biased because I live near Bradford). The 5 year course is good for students who are unsure they'll be able to secure a pre-reg place and will save a lot of stress but you will lose out on a lot of money, I know each uni does it differently but I imagine at all of the uni's that offer a 5 year course you're still going to have to pay tution fees for the extra year and you probably wont be earning as much from your pre-reg placement (if any) as someone who goes and finds their own. You also lose out on job-hunting and interview experience

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.