Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Larry Page from google says that people shouldn't have to work so much! Watch

Announcements
    • Editorial Team

ReputationRep:
    http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/goo...ry?id=24450043

"If you really think about the things you need to make yourself happy -- housing, security, opportunity for your kids ... it's not that hard for us to provide those things"

Are you working? What do you think?

ReputationRep:
    Maybe he can donate some of his billions to support that notion then.

It'd be nice if we worked less, but we just seem to be creating more and more pointless jobs over the decades, so it looks like it's going in the opposite direction to me.

ReputationRep:
    if i won the lottery tomorrow i wouldnt work (except in my charity shop which i enjoy) ever again. Id travel, go on holiday, go shopping buy lots of stuff, swim, take my dogs for long walks and enjoy life.

Sadly that dream is very unlikely so in order to feed myself i have to work

ReputationRep:
    A four day week should become mandatory within the next 10 years.

ReputationRep:
    Bit ironic for him to say that, considering my dad works for Google and he always affectively works a 9 til 7 day (considering commute of an hour each way and he leaves at 8am and gets home at 8pm.)

Add in the fact he also has to go abroad for probably about a month and a half each year on 5 or 6 business trips.

It's definitely a great company to work for considering all the free food and stuff he gets there, but to say that people shouldn't work as much when his own employers work long days seems a little it hypocritical :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leinad2012)
    Bit ironic for him to say that, considering my dad works for Google and he always affectively works a 9 til 7 day (considering commute of an hour each way and he leaves at 8am and gets home at 8pm.)

Add in the fact he also has to go abroad for probably about a month and a half each year on 5 or 6 business trips.

It's definitely a great company to work for considering all the free food and stuff he gets there, but to say that people shouldn't work as much when his own employers work long days seems a little it hypocritical :rolleyes:
    Your dad probably gets their early and stays late because he's an avid table tennis player.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MJ1012)
    Your dad probably gets their early and stays late because he's an avid table tennis player.
    Haha, probably, their offices are insanely cool. I must be the only person who likes going to their dad's work!

Probably the free breakfasts and dinners as well as TGIF

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leinad2012)
    Haha, probably, their offices are insanely cool. I must be the only person who likes going to their dad's work!

Probably the free breakfasts and dinners as well as TGIF
    Slides and Segways and ****, right? Could he get you a job there?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MJ1012)
    Slides and Segways and ****, right? Could he get you a job there?
    Yeah, and loads of like snack areas and relaxation rooms!

He can recommend me for one, but considering I have no clue on anything techy having had a dad who could do all that stuff, there's no way I'd get one, unless they want some economist guy in a few years time

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.