Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

What should you give your boyfriend on your one year anniversary? watch

I'm wondering if I should give my boyfriend something on the date when we will have been seeing each other for exactly a year, and if so what? Is this the normal thing to do? Do people usually give each other a card on their one year anniversary as well? I have no idea if he will or not, so I don't want to end up in an awkward situation if he gives me something and I don't have anything for him or the other way around. Any ideas please?

ReputationRep:
    I got him a card but then again it was a combined wedding day/anniversary card.

Some people do give card but if you're not comfortable then don't. Simple presents are the best ones if you're not sure. Alternatively talk to your boyfriend about it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    For my anniversary I gave my boyfriend Davidoff Cool water, a big box of chocolates and a card with a letter in telling him how much he means to me. In total it cost me all about £40. The most I had ever spent on anyone.
    Turned out he didn't get me anything and I had to act cool and play it off. Then the next day he got me a perfume set only, which was obvious that he went the evening before.
    But yeah I suggest a card, something personalised maybe? Is he into football, get him a football shirt with his name on the back? Aftershave? xx

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    For our one year, we did a combined birthday/anniversary gift my birthday is three days after our anniversary and his is three weeks after!
    He got me:
    Vicktor and Rolph BonBon Perfume
    Pandora Koala Charm
    Pandora Bow Ring
    Vivienne Westwood Purse
    Chocolate/Cake/Cupcake
    Day trip to London

I got him:
    Superdry Jumper
    Armarni Nuit aftershave
    3 Supercar Sports Circuit Experience Day
    Armani Leather Bracelet
    Koala Teddybear
    My favourite book

Admittedly, we did go all out but that's just us, go for something simple if you're not too sure if it's going to be reciprocated or if you think it might be then you could always ask if there's anything he wants?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    There is only one correct answer.

A BJ.

ReputationRep:
    Talk to him about it! We just go out for a meal usually, maybe watch afilm/visit a city we like. We dont bother with cards and presents, we just share the cost of the day out.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    It doesn't have to cost that much since it's only 1 year. A safe option would be a ps4 if he doesn't have one already.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TSA)
    There is only one correct answer.

A BJ.
    Beat me to it. :teehee:

For our anniversary, me and my boyfriend went out to the dog races, rather than buying one another material gifts. That said, we tend to go 'all out' for birthdays / Christmas etc. I usually buy him things he has expressed interest in, since he has a number of hobbies, as he does for me. Is naice, yo.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I gave him an iPod touch 'cos his mp3 player was seriously destroyed. And a box of 365 little papers folded up, and each paper contained one reason why I loved him Hand-made.

I think I went OTT... but I can't give normal gifts.

Since then, I've tended to go for more 'events'-y gifts i.e. trips to theatres and nice meals I took him to a restaurant called Alimentum for our 2nd year anniversary, for example (plus a smaller material gift just as a keep-sake)

(Original post by Anonymous)
    I'm wondering if I should give my boyfriend something on the date when we will have been seeing each other for exactly a year, and if so what? Is this the normal thing to do? Do people usually give each other a card on their one year anniversary as well? I have no idea if he will or not, so I don't want to end up in an awkward situation if he gives me something and I don't have anything for him or the other way around. Any ideas please?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 9, 2014
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.