Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone,

My name is Sophie and I will be studying for my undergraduate degree in English Literature (Combined Honours) starting in September. I have decided to stay living at home for at least the first year of my studies, so I thought that I would make this post in an attempt to reach out to some prospective classmates I am hoping to combine my degree with Creative Writing and Japanese, and maybe language & communication as well!
    I would be interested to hear if anyone has received 'joining instructions' from the university yet, or if these will be sent out after Alevel results day? I'm 20 already so of course I already had my results confirmed when I applied.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by purplesophie)
    Hello everyone,

My name is Sophie and I will be studying for my undergraduate degree in English Literature (Combined Honours) starting in September. I have decided to stay living at home for at least the first year of my studies, so I thought that I would make this post in an attempt to reach out to some prospective classmates I am hoping to combine my degree with Creative Writing and Japanese, and maybe language & communication as well!
    I would be interested to hear if anyone has received 'joining instructions' from the university yet, or if these will be sent out after Alevel results day? I'm 20 already so of course I already had my results confirmed when I applied.
    It's normal to get very little before results day. In the month between results day and moving in weekend, you'll start to receive a lot more!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the info KJane!

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

My name is Meera and I will also be studying English Literature with Creative Writing! I am so nervous yet so excited! I am waiting for my results but I'm sure a "welcome pack" will be sent to everyone after results day.

ReputationRep:
    Hi Meera. I feel the exact same way! I think I will be a LOT more nervous than excited on the first day, though >.<'
    Hope to see you in september

ReputationRep:
    Hey I'm doing English Lit at Herts this September too! Combining it with American Studies. Nice to finally see other people on the same course, I've been keeping my eye on the forum for ages but you guys are the first ones I've seen. I found a reading list for a couple of course modules but it's from way back in 2011, but might give us an idea of the kind of texts we'll be doing if you're interested http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=1740541

ReputationRep:
    Hi Portia22

I received my joining instructions the other day with a link to some pdfs. An author named Diana Evans will be coming during our fresher's week to talk about her new book 26a. For English literature the pdf suggestions are Great Expectations and the Norton anthology of English literature.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by purplesophie)
    Hi Portia22

I received my joining instructions the other day with a link to some pdfs. An author named Diana Evans will be coming during our fresher's week to talk about her new book 26a. For English literature the pdf suggestions are Great Expectations and the Norton anthology of English literature.
    Thanks Sophie, that's really helpful! I've only got a conditional offer at this point so I've had to make do with what I can find from past years.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.