The Student Room Group
Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website

English Literature Students 2014

Hello everyone,

My name is Sophie and I will be studying for my undergraduate degree in English Literature (Combined Honours) starting in September. I have decided to stay living at home for at least the first year of my studies, so I thought that I would make this post in an attempt to reach out to some prospective classmates :biggrin: I am hoping to combine my degree with Creative Writing and Japanese, and maybe language & communication as well! :colondollar:
I would be interested to hear if anyone has received 'joining instructions' from the university yet, or if these will be sent out after Alevel results day? I'm 20 already so of course I already had my results confirmed when I applied:redface:.
Reply 1
Original post by purplesophie
Hello everyone,

My name is Sophie and I will be studying for my undergraduate degree in English Literature (Combined Honours) starting in September. I have decided to stay living at home for at least the first year of my studies, so I thought that I would make this post in an attempt to reach out to some prospective classmates :biggrin: I am hoping to combine my degree with Creative Writing and Japanese, and maybe language & communication as well! :colondollar:
I would be interested to hear if anyone has received 'joining instructions' from the university yet, or if these will be sent out after Alevel results day? I'm 20 already so of course I already had my results confirmed when I applied:redface:.

It's normal to get very little before results day. In the month between results day and moving in weekend, you'll start to receive a lot more!
Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website
Reply 2
Thanks for the info KJane!
Reply 3
Hey,

My name is Meera and I will also be studying English Literature with Creative Writing! I am so nervous yet so excited! I am waiting for my results but I'm sure a "welcome pack" will be sent to everyone after results day.
Reply 4
Hi Meera. I feel the exact same way! I think I will be a LOT more nervous than excited on the first day, though >.<'
Hope to see you in september :biggrin:
Reply 5
Hey I'm doing English Lit at Herts this September too! Combining it with American Studies. Nice to finally see other people on the same course, I've been keeping my eye on the forum for ages but you guys are the first ones I've seen. I found a reading list for a couple of course modules but it's from way back in 2011, but might give us an idea of the kind of texts we'll be doing if you're interested :smile: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1740541
Reply 6
Hi Portia22

I received my joining instructions the other day with a link to some pdfs. An author named Diana Evans will be coming during our fresher's week to talk about her new book 26a. For English literature the pdf suggestions are Great Expectations and the Norton anthology of English literature.
Reply 7
Original post by purplesophie
Hi Portia22

I received my joining instructions the other day with a link to some pdfs. An author named Diana Evans will be coming during our fresher's week to talk about her new book 26a. For English literature the pdf suggestions are Great Expectations and the Norton anthology of English literature.

Thanks Sophie, that's really helpful! I've only got a conditional offer at this point so I've had to make do with what I can find from past years.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending