Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm currently in year 12 doing chemistry, biology and psychology. I've just finished my summer examinations and I'm hoping to get at least BBB or maybe above.. but at the moment I'm really struggling to figure out what degree I want to do as I need to start writing my personal statement very soon. I've looked online but, I just get really confused in what to chose and find something that really encourages me to go with that.
    So I was wondering if anyone can suggest me a few courses that relates to the three subjects I'm doing and between the requirements between BBB or above.
    Any help will be much appreciated.
    Thank youuu

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ryder13)
    Hi, I'm currently in year 12 doing chemistry, biology and psychology. I've just finished my summer examinations and I'm hoping to get at least BBB or maybe above.. but at the moment I'm really struggling to figure out what degree I want to do as I need to start writing my personal statement very soon. I've looked online but, I just get really confused in what to chose and find something that really encourages me to go with that.
    So I was wondering if anyone can suggest me a few courses that relates to the three subjects I'm doing and between the requirements between BBB or above.
    Any help will be much appreciated.
    Thank youuu
    Just some ideas:

Psychology
    Medicine
    Vet med
    Dentistry
    Microbiology
    Speech therapy
    Anthropology
    Biology
    Chemistry
    Pharmacy
    Sport and exercise science
    Physiology
    Physiotherapy
    Biochemistry
    Sociology
    Nursing
    Zoology
    Marine biology

I didn't know what subject I wanted to apply to do this time last year. You can still start writing a personal statement anyway by coming up with ideas of things you can write about (you'll still have the same past/achievements regardless of the subject you choose to apply for!), and the extracurricular/skills sections of your PS, writing about what reading around/extension stuff you've done for your A level subjects and writing about any work experience you've done/the skills gained from it.

I found that trying to write a PS-style paragraph on why I would want to study each subject I was considering really helpful in deciding, as I could see how easy I found to write on the particular subject.

ReputationRep:
    With that combination you might want to do something in the cognitive-neuroscience area (combines all three of your A Levels in the most effective way). For example, you can do Psychology with Cognitive Neuroscience at Nottingham, Reading, Leicester, Goldsmiths, Royal Holloway and Manchester and Cognitive Neuroscience on its own at Westminster. Hope that helps.

ReputationRep:
    dont take this as a critsism, its not. but surely you should have thought about this before? like have some sort of plan in place?

ReputationRep:
    Just some side advice; don't rush into a decision, especially with so little time left. Taking a degree will impact your life, so obviously the area you do the degree in is very important. Since you don't know what you want to do, maybe taking a year out to plan your future would be the best course.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What time of year is the worst for students?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.