Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I’m trying to decide between these offers for a non-European to make a move to consulting or industry in London. I understand that both of these unis are undergraduate targets in the UK, but how do their postgraduate business programmes fare? Would also appreciate any current/past student messages.
    Offers:
    • Warwick MSc Marketing & Strategy / 1 year / £25K
    • UCL MSc Management / 1 year / £21.1K

UCL
    Pros
    • In London -> easier for networking
    • General management programme -> easier sell to employers?
    • Looks like they’re revamping the programme as they go / adds some new content to my background

Cons
    • No business faculty at UCL, MSI department seems new (unranked by FT)
    • New programme ~3 years old -> unsure about career fairs / recruiting events / alumni network

Warwick
    Pros
    • Established business school
    • Adds new content to my background

Cons
    • Outside of London -> will make networking more difficult
    • Warwick has 14 post graduate programs -> non MSc Management seems like just another money maker
    • Heavier courseload (anecdotal) -> will make networking more difficult
    • 70/80% asian international students -> will make networking more difficult / money maker

Questions
    • I can obtain a 2 year work Visa in the UK without needing Visa sponsorship. How does this affect my chances of employment in London after the programme ends?
    • How well regarded is UCL’s MSI MSc Management vs Warwick’s advanced masters?
    • How good are these programme for a non-european looking to work in London?
    • Any insight on the career fairs / recruiting events / career treks / company tours / alumni network?
    • Will living outside London greatly affect my ability to find a job through networking?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 8, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.