I’m trying to decide between these offers for a non-European to make a move to consulting or industry in London. I understand that both of these unis are undergraduate targets in the UK, but how do their postgraduate business programmes fare? Would also appreciate any current/past student messages.
• Warwick MSc Marketing & Strategy / 1 year / £25K
• UCL MSc Management / 1 year / £21.1K
• In London -> easier for networking
• General management programme -> easier sell to employers?
• Looks like they’re revamping the programme as they go / adds some new content to my background
• No business faculty at UCL, MSI department seems new (unranked by FT)
• New programme ~3 years old -> unsure about career fairs / recruiting events / alumni network
• Established business school
• Adds new content to my background
• Outside of London -> will make networking more difficult
• Warwick has 14 post graduate programs -> non MSc Management seems like just another money maker
• Heavier courseload (anecdotal) -> will make networking more difficult
• 70/80% asian international students -> will make networking more difficult / money maker
• I can obtain a 2 year work Visa in the UK without needing Visa sponsorship. How does this affect my chances of employment in London after the programme ends?
• How well regarded is UCL’s MSI MSc Management vs Warwick’s advanced masters?
• How good are these programme for a non-european looking to work in London?
• Any insight on the career fairs / recruiting events / career treks / company tours / alumni network?
• Will living outside London greatly affect my ability to find a job through networking?
Claims damages because he didn't get a first