Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Moving to uni in September and I really can't cook! I think I'll have to find myself a chef whilst I'm there!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Everybody starts not being able to cook, and then they learn.

ReputationRep:
    Friend of mine is in same position. She tried to cook me a pizza, using the grill, burnt the tray, but didn't turn the oven on. May the take-out menus be within your reach.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by carnationlilyrose)
    I burnt my hand boiling eggs and ended up in A&E... Does everyone pull together and make meals?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KMUequine)
    Moving to uni in September and I really can't cook! I think I'll have to find myself a chef whilst I'm there!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    So learn lol. Jeez.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dani California)
    Friend of mine is in same position. She tried to cook me a pizza, using the grill, burnt the tray, but didn't turn the oven on. May the take-out menus be within your reach.
    Glad to hear I'm not alone! I am hopeless! Need to find a student recipe book!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I burnt my hand boiling eggs and ended up in A&E... Does everyone pull together and make meals?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Why not suggest it? You will have to offer some form of service in return, so get working on the world's best sandwich or something. Better still, get yourself one of the many very simple beginner's cookbooks and start slowly. There won't always be others around you can ask.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mjj22)
    So learn lol. Jeez.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I can do basic things but really don't think my level of 'expertise' is enough to survive off of!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    deep.

ReputationRep:
    Why not suggest it? You will have to offer some form of service in return, so get working on the world's best sandwich or something. Better still, get yourself one of the many very simple beginner's cookbooks and start slowly. There won't always be others around you can ask.
    Might offer a 'cook me dinner and I'll muck out your horse' policy! Being an equine student has had it's uses in the past

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cole-slaw)
    deep.
    Self evident.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cole-slaw)
    deep.
    😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Lol I'm the same, I'm learning off of Youtube
    Sortedfood is quite good, search them..

ReputationRep:
    Might offer a 'cook me dinner and I'll muck out your horse' policy! Being an equine student has had it's uses in the past

Posted from TSR Mobile
    But you won't be an equine student for ever, and unless you learn, you will starve to death or spend too much money in restaurants and takeaways.

ReputationRep:
    *Insert breaking bad joke here*

ReputationRep:
    But you won't be an equine student for ever, and unless you learn, you will starve to death or spend too much money in restaurants and takeaways.
    Haha I'm sure I shan't starve I am just not housewife standard!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Haha I'm sure I shan't starve I am just not housewife standard!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No one is to start with.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 티 마)
    Lol I'm the same, I'm learning off of Youtube
    Sortedfood is quite good, search them..
    At my old college where I lived before the uni students has this amazing cookbook for students! Should have gotten the name of it but I'm sure there's more about! I'm not completely hopeless I'm just worried that my diet will consist of beans on toast etc as I don't have the 'passion' for food that others do

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    At my old college where I lived before the uni students has this amazing cookbook for students! Should have gotten the name of it but I'm sure there's more about! I'm not completely hopeless I'm just worried that my diet will consist of beans on toast etc as I don't have the 'passion' for food that others do

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm the same, I can be quite a good cook if I put the effort in (as I'm realising now) but I've just always been lazy in terms of food - eating and cooking

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You have just over 2 months until uni. Get in that kitchen and start learning!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.