The Student Room Group

Am I overreacting?

So basically, I made plans with my boyfriend a week or so ago about spending the day at the beach tomorrow! I was so excited and really looking forward to it! We planned everything and I bought new bathers and stuff and packed everything all ready! And today when I double check that it's still on he can't as he has a driving lesson. Am I overreacting about the fact I got upset by this as we planned it a week and suddenly he booked a lesson at 12 for the same day yesterday?

Is this just me or should I feel upset?
Reply 1
Can't you just go after his driving lesson?
Reply 2
Original post by RHCPfan
Can't you just go after his driving lesson?

His lesson is 12-2pm and its 45 minutes to town + 45 minutes on train to the beach so we wouldn't get there till at least 4pm and by then there's no point :/
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
His lesson is 12-2pm and its 45 minutes to town + 45 minutes on train to the beach so we wouldn't get there till at least 4pm and by then there's no point :/

Ah fair enough. It does seem a bit selfish of him to book his lesson on the same day then. Have you spoke to him about it & let him know you're bothered?
Reply 4
Hmm I don't understand why he'd book a lesson...
Did he forget? :redface:
Reply 5
Original post by RHCPfan
Ah fair enough. It does seem a bit selfish of him to book his lesson on the same day then. Have you spoke to him about it & let him know you're bothered?

Being the typical girl here I let him figure out I was upset (didn't speak much to him) and being the typical boy he figured it out quite quickly :') He said he'd try and rebook the lesson which is okay if thats possible but not okay if thats not possible!

Original post by 티 마
Hmm I don't understand why he'd book a lesson...
Did he forget? :redface:

I haven't got a clue :frown: we were speaking about the plan yesterday so I should hope not
So basically, I made plans with my boyfriend a week or so ago about spending the day at the beach tomorrow! I was so excited and really looking forward to it! We planned everything and I bought new bathers and stuff and packed everything all ready! And today when I double check that it's still on he can't as he has a driving lesson. Am I overreacting about the fact I got upset by this as we planned it a week and suddenly he booked a lesson at 12 for the same day yesterday?

Is this just me or should I feel upset?

Whatever you do, if he asks "are you okay?", don't say "I'm fine."
Reply 7
Original post by XMaramena
Whatever you do, if he asks "are you okay?", don't say "I'm fine."

Haha he did ask that... and I did respond with that... but I said " I'm fine, don't worry I'll do something on my own tomorrow... again" at that point he realised I was upset
Haha he did ask that... and I did respond with that... but I said " I'm fine, don't worry I'll do something on my own tomorrow... again" at that point he realised I was upset

-facepalm-

FYI - and this goes for all girls - if you say you're fine, then don't be surprised when we go back to whatever we were doing. :P

If you're pissed off, it's a good idea to say, "I'm pissed off".

If you're fine, it's a good idea to say, "I'm fine."

If you spend your whole day reading other people's threads on this subforum, it's a good idea to say, "I'm single."
Maybe he should have booked his lesson another day?
But what's done is done now, I don't think you're overreacting, you planned this all and I guess maybe he just has bad timing or whatnot. You can still go to the beach and stargaze though, it's what i usually do if it turns out to be too late.
-facepalm-

FYI - and this goes for all girls - if you say you're fine, then don't be surprised when we go back to whatever we were doing. :P

If you spend your whole day reading other people's threads on this subforum, it's a good idea to say, "I'm single."

Lol

Original post by Lil3utterfly
But what's done is done now, I don't think you're overreacting, you planned this all and I guess maybe he just has bad timing or whatnot. You can still go to the beach and stargaze though, it's what i usually do if it turns out to be too late.

Yep! The beach is out if he has the driving lesson, as I mentioned previously the lesson is 12-2 and then it's 45 minutes to the city centre and 45 to the beach on a train and we wouldn't get there till 4pm which is pointless
Lol

Yep! The beach is out if he has the driving lesson, as I mentioned previously the lesson is 12-2 and then it's 45 minutes to the city centre and 45 to the beach on a train and we wouldn't get there till 4pm which is pointless

Ahh i see, I'm sorry to hear about that. But even so, 4pm... if you stay there long enough for it to become night time, you can stargaze (if that's your thing.) But i hope things work out between you two anyway :smile:
It's okay everyone, he changed his driving lesson to another day and we went! Thankyou everyone
Original post by Lil3utterfly

-facepalm-

Never understood it either. I tell exactly how it is.
Sounds like he must have forgot...so yeah, understandable to be annoyed imo
Original post by SoftPunch
Never understood it either. I tell exactly how it is.

I think it depends on the relationship to be honest and the people in it.
I could never win with my ex, he would get annoyed at me for saying I was fine when I wasn't, but then he's get mad at me for telling it how it is say I was acting like a bitch. Really could not win with that jack-ass

Sometimes though I think it's just easier to pretend you're fine if it's something minor, though obviously with big things communication is super important.
Original post by SophieSmall
I think it depends on the relationship to be honest and the people in it.
I could never win with my ex, he would get annoyed at me for saying I was fine when I wasn't, but then he's get mad at me for telling it how it is say I was acting like a bitch. Really could not win with that jack-ass

Sometimes though I think it's just easier to pretend you're fine if it's something minor, though obviously with big things communication is super important.

I guess so! Trouble is, even with small things I can't help it not tell if it still makes me upset; but you're right.
However, your ex is just a waste or would be the waste of my time with this attitude so it's good to see he's your ex. :smile:
Original post by SoftPunch
I guess so! Trouble is, even with small things I can't help it not tell if it still makes me upset; but you're right.
However, your ex is just a waste or would be the waste of my time with this attitude so it's good to see he's your ex. :smile:

I know what you mean! Never in my life am I going to allow myself be treated that badly again or hide my true feelings, it sucked the life right out of me.
Aye very recent ex as well! Can't say I'm that sad to see the back of him when I look back on stuff like that.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending