Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Just wondering if anyone knows any ways to calm oneself down.
    I'm open to anything.
    Results Day is coming up and the amount of pressure I'm under what with University and parents + other family on my back constantly, my panic attacks seem to be becoming more of a problem, happening more often and being a lot worse when they do happen.
    I was wondering if anyone had any advice to stop this.

ReputationRep:
    With panic (especially panic attacks) its best to focus on doing things you love... For example, when I get stressed, I stare at the sky and listen to music. Thats just me...

For you it could be anything... Reading, painting, music etc. Focus on what you love and let all the negative stuff fall away.

Also, you must learn to accept. You have done all you can possibly do, and now the rest is in the hands of those who are marking your work... When you finally come to terms with the fact that thinking, or in your case, overthinking about your results wont change them, you will not feel as panicked.

I am disappointed to hear that your parents/family members are hounding you (about results I presume). If you can, let them know that what is done, is done, and that their hounding will not help your results one bit. That should (technically) make them back off.

If you cant tell them to back off, simply try your hardest to ignore their comments. Remember, YOU did the work, YOU took the exams, its YOUR results and YOUR future. Not theirs. Make peace with yourself and you will be fine.

I hope this helped

All the best for your results!😄

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.