The Student Room Group

EU student tuition fee loan.

Hi all,

I´m an EU student (from Scandinavia) and I´ve sent in an application for a tuition fee loan to the SLC in May for a 3 year programme starting in Sep. Prior to this, I completed a HND in one year which was self funded. Yesterday I stumbled upon a website somewhere which stated that I might not be suitable for a tuiton fee loan as I´ve studied before in the UK and I presume this would be the HND qualification. I find this quite weird because I´ve never even used any loans from the UK before..So now im really sad, scared and helpless, wondering if I need to worry about this?

Thanks for any help.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1
HND is not a degree, so you're still eligible :smile:
Original post by Mcdermott
Hi all,

I´m an EU student (from Scandinavia) and I´ve sent in an application for a tuition fee loan to the SLC in May for a 3 year programme starting in Sep. Prior to this, I completed a HND in one year which was self funded. Yesterday I stumbled upon a website somewhere which stated that I might not be suitable for a tuiton fee loan as I´ve studied before in the UK and I presume this would be the HND qualification. I find this quite weird because I´ve never even used any loans from the UK before..So now im really sad, scared and helpless, wondering if I need to worry about this?

Thanks for any help.

its previous study that counts, not whether you've taken UK loans before. However as the BA is a higher qualification than the HND I think you'll be ok although don't hold me too it.
Reply 3
Thanks for the answers!

Anyone else been in this situation? I presume I have to call student finance..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending