Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Who is going to Trakia University to study medicine in 2014?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LiveMedicine)
    have you used the site www.studymedicineeurope.com and did you get a place, I'm thinking about it but the application fee of £2000 is quite a lot

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LiveMedicine)
    I've been looking athat study medicine europe for Trakia but I want to hear more from other students. Really hesitang about it atm. £2k fee, Jesus

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AliTahmina)
    I've been looking athat study medicine europe for Trakia but I want to hear more from other students. Really hesitang about it atm. £2k fee, Jesus
    I never used it but an official partner is http://www.outreacheducation.co.uk, which is free thankfully but dont know if they partnered with Trakia

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by haseebi82)
    have you used the site www.studymedicineeurope.com and did you get a place, I'm thinking about it but the application fee of £2000 is quite a lot
    I know that's what's made me really hesitant with going with that agent. So have you thought of how you're going to apply?

ReputationRep:
    I know that's what's made me really hesitant with going with that agent. So have you thought of how you're going to apply?
    Yeah, I'm going through them and they said they going to send me an application form in December for September 2015 entry, have you done your a levels or are you still doing them by the way and are you wanting to study in Bulgaria aswell

ReputationRep:
    I never used it but an official partner is http://www.outreacheducation.co.uk, which is free thankfully but dont know if they partnered with Trakia
    Yeah I've read and heard about outreach quite a bit.
    The main reason I was lured into actually having a meeting with study medicine europe (office in central London) was that it stated 'guaranteed entry'.
    I sat and spoke with the agent and he dropped the fee of £4k on me, I was really confused and shocked. He said reason being that I've got low grades in a levels (D's) I told him that I've got a 2:2 Biomed degree in which he responded saying that the uni's there don't look at your degree? I was like wtf.
    So that's when he said, with the fee of £4k we'll get you in GUARNATEED with no questions asked. Much like buying me a seat at admissions.
    So that's the deal with that agency.
    It's still a good offer but I'm just scared it could be a massive con.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I'm going through them and they said they going to send me an application form in December for September 2015 entry, have you done your a levels or are you still doing them by the way and are you wanting to study in Bulgaria aswell
    Yeah, I've applied too. I'm on the waiting list for Plodiv next September. And like you said, application forms are released in Decemeber/January.
    I've not done so well at A levels and I've got a 2:2 Biomed degree, I was told by outreach that the uni's would consider each applicant on a case by case basis which kinda gave me hope.
    How's your a levels looking?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I've applied too. I'm on the waiting list for Plodiv next September. And like you said, application forms are released in Decemeber/January.
    I've not done so well at A levels and I've got a 2:2 Biomed degree, I was told by outreach that the uni's would consider each applicant on a case by case basis which kinda gave me hope.
    I'm just about to PM u

ReputationRep:
    what do you mean by waiting list, have they given you a conditional or unconditional offer already ?

ReputationRep:
    I asked for the application form and they said that they'll send them out to students when the form is released (December/January). So he said he'll put my name on the mailing list for when the forms are out.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I am

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I recently got my acceptance letter from Trakia via Study Medicine...same situation as you pretty much (in regards to paying the higher fee due to the challenge of grades lol) but I must say, I have my official invitation letter so I'd say go for it! Took about 2 months from when I signed their agreement. Message me if you want any additional info and good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by studentdrcraig)
    Hi, I recently got my acceptance letter from Trakia via Study Medicine...same situation as you pretty much (in regards to paying the higher fee due to the challenge of grades lol) but I must say, I have my official invitation letter so I'd say go for it! Took about 2 months from when I signed their agreement. Message me if you want any additional info and good luck!
    hi, are you currently studying at Trakia university in Bulgaria? and did you use the agency: study medicine europe?
    I want to apply for dentistry and was wondering how are you finding it there?
    and whether you also considered studying at Plovdiv university?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 16, 2015
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.