Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Unfortunately, by over-loading my self with extra curricular I got a 2:2 in my degree in Biomedical Science at the University of Warwick.

I know that this now only leaves me with the GAMSAT universities and at this moment in time I am considering applying for Notts university. But does the 2:2 hinder my chance getting in when I'll be competing with pHD/postgrad/more-experienced students.

I have done a ton of health related experience, working as HCA for a year, becoming a trained phlebotomist, volunteering in India, shadowing doctors and work in care homes.
    Also attending global youth conferences, and coordinating TEDx Warwick and TEDx Leicester.

But the 2:2 is a real bummer, so should I even consider applying?

ReputationRep:
    Only you can answer that question. No point in asking people here. It's not impossible, even if a lot of options are no longer available.

ReputationRep:
    For SGUL - it doesn't matter if you have a 2.2 or a 2.1. That's the requirement and it's the GAMSAT result that decides if you get an interview or not. Degree result isn't considered any further.

Nottingham ask for 5 points higher on the GAMSAT if you have a 2.2 but again that's how far they take it.

The main problem is that you can only apply for 2 graduate courses with a 2.2 unless you can afford a 5 year course.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.