The Student Room Group

Brazil vs Germany semi-final

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I need Brazil to win because if they do I get a £10 voucher to spend in lush :biggrin:
Reply 21
Brazil should win if they play like they did against Colombia! But, without Neymar and Silva that may be tougher, or they may play better! I predicted the final to be Germany vs. Argentina at the start though, so I kind of hope that happens, any final will be great though, these last four teams are very good... Who will win? Football is unpredictable...
Expecting Germany to win, Brazil without Neymar/Thiago Silva are so mediocre. I want them to at least get into the final as well, they've lost in the Semi Finals at the last four major tournaments.

Deutschland! Deutschland!
i will actually cry if Brazil win tonight! the only game which they played well was against Columbia, other than that they haven't looked like a side that can win the world cup.
Cesar, Maicon, Dante, Luiz, Marcelo, Gustavo, Fernandinho, Hulk, Oscar, Bernard, Fred

such an average looking side, hope they get pumped
Reply 25
Aye, one decent half against Columbia and an array of absolutely pitiful performances don't really make them a favourite here. I have only two minor concerns regarding a clear Germany win. One is that the crowd is loud and constant booing can certainly have an impact on psychologically susceptible players like Özil, Götze, etc.. The other is that I feel that the loss of Neymar is somewhat beneficial to a team that has relied way too heavily on him in the past matches. His loss may help them make their system a little more flexible than it has been all this time, and generally make them all step up efforts to some extent.
Germany: Neuer; Lahm, Hummels, Boateng, Höwedes; Schweinsteiger, Khedira; Müller, Kroos, Özil; Klose.

Original post by niceguy95
Cesar, Maicon, Dante, Luiz, Marcelo, Gustavo, Fernandinho, Hulk, Oscar, Bernard, Fred

:laugh: That's absolutely woeful. Worst Brazilian side ever?
Who cares if Brazil are missing Neymar, they still have their most important player: Referinhio.
Original post by sr90
Germany: Neuer; Lahm, Hummels, Boateng, Höwedes; Schweinsteiger, Khedira; Müller, Kroos, Özil; Klose.

Yes it is.
I just can not bring myself to support Germany tonight. It is unthinkable.
This weakened Brazil team will just make it funnier when Germany bottle it. A lot funnier.
All heil Deutshland.

Neymar is one of my favourite players though. So sad.
I would want Germany to win!! Not a fan of Brazil.
auf gehts jungs !!!
Not understanding the Brazil bandwagon and the German hate. Brazil have played much the same as the Dutch in 2010, except they also have FIFA protecting them. Germany play fluid, intelligent football, and have done for years. Their only drawback is that sometimes they grind for the win, but even when they do that, they are not dirty players or cheats (with the exception of Muller). Besides, watching Klose attempt to set the World Cup record is reason enough to partially support them.
No Willian.
Brazil's left hand-side has 0 defense - Marcelo can't defend to save his life and Bernard is skinnier and weaker than any player on the pitch.
Scolari is stupid.
Original post by swan stardust
I think Brazil win will Germany although Germany are a very very good team :smile:
I hope for Brazil to make it through,get to the finals and win!!!:biggrin:
Vai Brazil,vamos ganhar :heart:

Sim Brazill!!! vamosssssssssssss ganhar :smile:
Original post by BenAssirati
Not understanding the Brazil bandwagon and the German hate. Brazil have played much the same as the Dutch in 2010, except they also have FIFA protecting them. Germany play fluid, intelligent football, and have done for years. Their only drawback is that sometimes they grind for the win, but even when they do that, they are not dirty players or cheats (with the exception of Muller). Besides, watching Klose attempt to set the World Cup record is reason enough to partially support them.

There's a lot more support for Germany than Brazil here!
Reply 38
Original post by sr90

2010 was pretty average too. They were using Robinho and Luis Fabiano up top. Kaka was past it and he was playing.

Defence is still pretty good and Maicon has come off the back of a successful season at Roma. Surprised he didn't start Willian though. You'd think that he'd get Willian to play, tire out the opposition for 60mins then get bernard to rip them apart in his cameo.

Somebody needs to step up tonight, the brazil side has too many passengers. Reckon Oscar and Fernandinho will have boss games tonight.
Reply 39
Kommen auf Deutschland!

Quick Reply

Latest