Watch
This discussion is closed.
not1
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Unregistered1)
Right, however, I think when you quoted me you should have also (out of respect) included the prior line in which I state: "The Wachowski Brothers have not truly created a new concept here." Otherwise you would just be passing off my [formentioned] point as your "profound new idea." Also allow me say that I do not intend to be insulting to you good Sir, please do not take my comment in such a manner.

Thank you,
yeah i read it... i was agreeing with you
not1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by MattG)
i would rather see young people be introduced to philosophy in an exciting and dynamic way, when many would never consider touching a book of these philosophers in which the matrix is based on. therefore the matrix are useful films, if the viewers are able to grasp the ideas held within the films and grab the sense of the analogy.

film is a powerful medium for getting ideas across. granted reloaded has a crap script but behind are some interesting questions.
yeah youre right its a good introduction, but i just dont like the way the directors are being credited as having created something particularly original and refreshing
i saw the second film and it seemed pretty similar to the first one lol lots of people in black kicking each other
Mr White
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by edders)
lots of people in black kicking each other
That about sums it up, really.
not1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Mr White)
That about sums it up, really.
yep, ive mastered the art of the précis
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Unregistered)
u dont know. but i know. i know that u are being silly. there is a real world. i seen it. i am in exile now.
R u joking?
hamidreza
Report 16 years ago
yeah i am sure matrix is not real. and i agree with matrix = a film
and GOd made all of this world . and he (it doesnot mean GOD is man!)
made this world and he made all of this things for humen. to live.
and he put the humen as his best created because he gave brain to humen to think.
just think and open ur eyes.
Conrad
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by hamidreza)
yeah i am sure matrix is not real. and i agree with matrix = a film
and GOd made all of this world . and he (it doesnot mean GOD is man!)
made this world and he made all of this things for humen. to live.
and he put the humen as his best created because he gave brain to humen to think.
just think and open ur eyes.
By thinking and opening our eyes, aren't we allowing ourselves to become open to ideas and possibilities that lead certain doubts of the way we currently think?

Philosophy is really cool in the sense that almost everything said can be turned around and asked as a question. This is why so many people have trouble grasping the concepts that follow with Philosophy. I took a couple of Philosophy classes earlier in college and they made me think more openly about things, more than most anything else, simply for the fact that I learned that almost anything we think we know, may simply not be the truth. Philosophy can get very controversial and confusing, which is why most people give up on it without a second thought.
hamidreza
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Conrad)
By thinking and opening our eyes, aren't we allowing ourselves to become open to ideas and possibilities that lead certain doubts of the way we currently think?

Philosophy is really cool in the sense that almost everything said can be turned around and asked as a question. This is why so many people have trouble grasping the concepts that follow with Philosophy. I took a couple of Philosophy classes earlier in college and they made me think more openly about things, more than most anything else, simply for the fact that I learned that almost anything we think we know, may simply not be the truth. Philosophy can get very controversial and confusing, which is why most people give up on it without a second thought.
philosophy in this case is SHET . It show the wrong way in this case :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
Conrad
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
philosophy in this case is SHET . It show the wrong way in this case :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
Please explain, I am kind of confused by what you said.
hamidreza
Report 16 years ago
I Mean Psycho Said Althing That Humen Think All Wrong And I Said The Truth And Thats Bad
kikas
Report 16 years ago
I haven't read all of the post!
Well I don't think so(taht the matrix is real).
Just bacause if it was real them how would we foud out abou it!!!
I mean there are movies about that, aren't!!!
If it was real, it wouldn't be any movie about the matrix...I guess that the "robots" wouldn't "show2 to us the matrix, and they wouldn't "show" how to do the revolution!!!!!
mrpunk576
Report 16 years ago
two words plosibly dinilability or some thing like that to make you thimk that there is not one if there wasnt the movie this chat room would still be here but not a many replys and i thought about the chicken debagel about a year and a half before the movie came out
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
unregistered, can you prove that the matrix is real?
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
I Mean Psycho Said Althing That Humen Think All Wrong And I Said The Truth And Thats Bad
Whit?!
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
The Matrix Is Real! Do You Know How I Know Cause Iam An Agent Think About It Sit And Use Your Small Pity Little Human Minds And Pounder If You Really Think About It It Makes Sense
Conrad
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Whit?!
I agree. To hamidreza, who is Psycho? Why does he say humans think all wrong? And what truth did you say that is BAD?
Anonymous
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
There has to be something, a reason for life... I was born christian... But I have given it a lot of thought lately... And quite frankly, it's hard to make a final choice about life and god, or some type of matrix. No body really has the true answers, it's very depressing to think about... You ask a christian and question it, if you ask them to prove god is real, they all say faith... But how can you have truely have faith? Just because you were raised? You havnt opened your mind to anything else but what you believe, you believe it because you were forced to, your parents believed because they were forced too... thats just how they were raised, same with you.. You will automatically believe your elders and the ones who brought you up as a child, thats just the way it is... most christians only have a one track mind... they only believe in their religion and won't open their minds to anything else, they are not "free", their minds are controlling them because they fear to question anything.. Their could be a god.. but why would he make mentally ill, why would he put us here to test us even though he knows our every thought and the outcome? We didn't ask for this, why do some prosper and others are poor and suffer? I could list lots of things on my mind right now but it would be too long.. this is actually too long and some people will probably not even read it because they are lazy or they just don't care... one track mind again .... Why doesnt god show us he is real by turning a cain into a snake now adays? If the matrix existed why doesn't people show us it is real somehow... No one really knows the answers... But I would really like to see the responses to this post... thanks for taking the time to read some of my personal opinions.

-Anonymous
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
i believe the there is some truth to the matrix. people who really believe in it get criticized, but is that any different that anybody else getting criticized for believing in another religion. do not get me wrong here i am a firm beliver in god but how do we really know, if the bible was created by man and so was the matrix movie. there is something out there that we cannot explain so free your mind.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
but is that any different that anybody else getting criticized for believing in another religion.
The Matrix is a film not a religion.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
The Matrix is a film not a religion.
if alot of people believe in it like in this forum then it can be religion, think about it what is religion? it is simply something that people believe in, if you were brought up to believe that the matrix is real than no other person can ever make you change your mind. you are part of something that is bigger than all of us, the matrix is real even if it is in the form of heaven or hell we do not know.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (345)
34.6%
No (652)
65.4%

Watched Threads