This discussion is closed.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
keanu reeves nah trinity i would like to safe me
Morpheus80
Badges: 0
Report 16 years ago
ok i just registerd and dont say i stole this name from the film coz i had this name before the matrix film was made
Eru Iluvatar
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by TriCube)
IMO, the idea of there being a matrix is simelar to christianity. Christians argue away not having any proof by saying they have faith, we have no proof the matrix exists because 'the evil robots removed any evidence and are making us think there is none'.

However I think it is very likely that we are in somekind of world that isnt 'real'. I think its most likely that our whole lives are generated in our minds, like some kind of extended coma/sleep. If this is true then surely if we gained control of the other 9 10ths of our brains we could manipulate what we see/feel, and thus bend or even break the rules of 'reality'.

I often feel, as someone commented on earlier, that someone is tracking my thoughts (the though police, 1984), as many a time i have been doing something wrong (eg: carrying a knife with me), and usually no one searches me, but the one time i carry this knife, i get searched. Surely there is some higher power keeping order.

P.S, IMO means in my opinion if anyone was cofused.

999, I loved ur theories but it looked to me like you copied them off a website or something, if so where did you get them?
Then why when people say religion is wrong, the posts get deleted so fast, there hardly on the board at all, while people saying that the matrix simply doesn't exist, they get kept on here for ages.
There is no difference, except for people in general's stupidity.
Infinity
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Iluvatar)
Then why when people say religion is wrong, the posts get deleted so fast, there hardly on the board at all, while people saying that the matrix simply doesn't exist, they get kept on here for ages.
There is no difference, except for people in general's stupidity.
I think religion is a stronger issue in that if you voice your oppinion, regardless of what it is someone will be offended. however this stuff about the matrix does not offend, you're either nuts because you believe or stupid because you don't. (These are not my veiws and I'm not lableling anyone stupid or dumb BTW.)
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
You cant call ppl dumd or stupid or sad coz they believe in something you dont its up to them what they believe in.
Eru Iluvatar
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Infinity)
I think religion is a stronger issue in that if you voice your oppinion, regardless of what it is someone will be offended. however this stuff about the matrix does not offend, you're either nuts because you believe or stupid because you don't. (These are not my veiws and I'm not lableling anyone stupid or dumb BTW.)
But it is the same thing. It is something with to distinct points of view, which do not agree, and apparently cause alot of arguments. And just because you dont see it as as big as religion, it doesnt mean that to some it isnt, and who has the right to put the concerns of the few, as less value as the apathy of the many
Infinity
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Unregistered)
You cant call ppl dumd or stupid or sad coz they believe in something you dont its up to them what they believe in.
This is exactly why I stated:
(These are not my veiws and I'm not lableling anyone stupid or dumb BTW.)
I am not calling anyone anything.
Morpheus80
Report 16 years ago
This is exactly why I stated:
(These are not my veiws and I'm not lableling anyone stupid or dumb BTW.)
I am not calling anyone anything.

We know you are not calling anyone anything
Infinity
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
But it is the same thing. It is something with to distinct points of view, which do not agree, and apparently cause alot of arguments. And just because you dont see it as as big as religion, it doesnt mean that to some it isnt, and who has the right to put the concerns of the few, as less value as the apathy of the many
I agree w/ you. I was just saying why I feel religion threads get deleted. I am not saying it's right or that I agree w/ it. I think ppl should be able to discuss whatever they want w/out ppl passing judgement unfortunately we don't live in a perfect world.
Infinity
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Morpheus80)
We know you are not calling anyone anything
I don't think unregistered know's. Just wanted to make sure he/she does. wouldn't want to offend anyone!
Morpheus80
Report 16 years ago
I don't think unregistered know's. Just wanted to make sure he/she does. wouldn't want to offend anyone!

unregistered is me i just forgot to login i was on last night too btw
Eru Iluvatar
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I agree w/ you. I was just saying why I feel religion threads get deleted. I am not saying it's right or that I agree w/ it. I think ppl should be able to discuss whatever they want w/out ppl passing judgement unfortunately we don't live in a perfect world.
Why not?
Why shouldn't the world be perfect?
It is possible if we wanted it to be.
But people don't. They are obsessed with power, control.
But i believe that will change soon.
Infinity
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
unregistered is me i just forgot to login i was on last night too btw
I guess we got that straightened out then, alrighty then!
Infinity
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Why not?
Why shouldn't the world be perfect?
It is possible if we wanted it to be.
But people don't. They are obsessed with power, control.
But i believe that will change soon.
That's the problem exactly, too many power hungry ppl who don't give a rat's @ss about any one else. I hope your right about things changing I could use a change.
Eru Iluvatar
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
That's the problem exactly, too many power hungry ppl who don't give a rat's @ss about any one else. I hope your right about things changing I could use a change.
Well i think that this generation is getting close to the point of wholesale change in our lives, because these things are more and more accepted.
It may not be this generation that changes it, but it will not be long.
Morpheus80
Report 16 years ago

change is good and you are right there are to many power hungry ppl out there
Infinity
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Well i think that this generation is getting close to the point of wholesale change in our lives, because these things are more and more accepted.
It may not be this generation that changes it, but it will not be long.
Yes, I know exactly what you are saying and I agree!
Infinity
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
WAY, WAY TOO MANY!
Eru Iluvatar
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Well, those who want power are least suitable to have it.
But only people who want it have the drive to gain it.

It makes no sense. Maybe we should vote for the person who least wants to be leader, like that bloke from the monster raving loony party. He would make a great leader
Eru Iluvatar
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Yes, I know exactly what you are saying and I agree!
Well thats good. When people start to agree, action tends to begin.
But again theres the problem of how to change things.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (261)
33.9%
No (509)
66.1%

Watched Threads