Is The Matrix Real?

Watch
This discussion is closed.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
You All Know So Little Of The Matrix. You Amuse The Idea That You Have Any Knowlage Or Abillity. The Only Thing You Do Know Is That The Matrix Does Exsist. What You Dont Know Is If It Is Real Or Not. Let Me Assure You. The Matrix Is Very Real And The Only Thing You Need To Understand Is It Will Show Itself To Everyone Soon Enough.
bakea
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
what about when people die at really young ages is it people out side trying to paul people out of the matrix or simply people so fed up that they relise thers more than this life and a new one waiting for them
Conrad
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by bakea)
what about when people die at really young ages is it people out side trying to paul people out of the matrix or simply people so fed up that they relise thers more than this life and a new one waiting for them
People still die from the same diseases and such reguardless of where they are and how they are living. whether or not you are hooked up to a mainframe system or just living out your life doesn't make you immune to famine, disease, and other ailments that the human body cannot bare to indure. I someone gets hit by a car though, in theory according to the system, the mind makes getting hit by that car real and therefore your mind dies, leaving an empty vessel on the outside world. An of course, if this is real life, then yeah, getting hit by a car will not be a short visit to the hospital and then going back home again.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Its kinda like saying am i the only living person and everyone else isnt real i have thought this scince i was little b4 i knew of the matrix. Also i am sat in my room though i can hear noices is there anything actually downstairs ? I beleive some of us are here to be tested and that this world is not real. I also think that in our last lives that our dreams would come true in the next life....

But like we say it can nt be proven. I might not be real i say i am but how do you know i am how do i know all you are?????????
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
hmmm i have seen these port holes and often wondered myself
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Dont you think it would be funny if at the end of Revolutions it turned out to just be all these people on drugs? I think that the matrix is just a very clever Idea that two brothers thought up. Maybe it's real b[ut even if it is that won't be why they made the film.....it would be very cool though if it is real
srosebush
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
What is real? What is a dream? It's a question I've been asking myself since I ever heard the word Matrix... How can you be sure that the live you are living now is real? How can you be REALLY sure? As Morpheus says, "Is that air you're breathing?"... Is it?? Or is it what your mind thinks it is air? The chair your sitting in, is it really there? Your mind believes it, your body processes all this information, or is it really processing it at all? Is it just being stimulated by a complex entity, such as a computer, such as the Matrix? What if war, death, poverty, all of that is part of the 'Matrix' just to keep us in control?? Just to keep us in touch with what we hold dear to us... This is my 2 cents. I can think of many other possibilities to what 'real' is... What is the definition of 'real' or what is the definition of what you think is 'real'.
kenobi
Report 16 years ago
i have figgured it out the matrix is real rite the outher day men in black suits came to my mates house and took him away because he was trying forge his death cirtificate and he is always trying to read pure computer code mabey he found out about some thing i mean he just followed in his fathers foot steps and now...........................
Conrad
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by kenobi)
i have figgured it out the matrix is real rite the outher day men in black suits came to my mates house and took him away because he was trying forge his death cirtificate and he is always trying to read pure computer code mabey he found out about some thing i mean he just followed in his fathers foot steps and now...........................
Maybe he did figure something out that is not supposed to be found out. Or it could be the fact that forging your own death certificate is illegal and you can do hard time/get into a lot of trouble for getting caught. But hey, I like the former of the two myself. I would like to get chased for stumbling on information that isnt supposed to be stumbled upon. Sounds corny, I know, but hey, if getting caught and chased is the only way to get noticed on the "outside world", if that were the case, then I would gladly get in line.
kenobi
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Conrad)
Maybe he did figure something out that is not supposed to be found out. Or it could be the fact that forging your own death certificate is illegal and you can do hard time/get into a lot of trouble for getting caught. But hey, I like the former of the two myself. I would like to get chased for stumbling on information that isnt supposed to be stumbled upon. Sounds corny, I know, but hey, if getting caught and chased is the only way to get noticed on the "outside world", if that were the case, then I would gladly get in line.
forginig your own death certificate is not illegal in this country (a loop hole)
Conrad
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by kenobi)
forginig your own death certificate is not illegal in this country (a loop hole)
Coolness. Making profit off of yourself before you die. I would like to see my fortunes before I go. That would be cool. But now that makes me wonder. Like I said before, I wouldn't mind hitting jackpot on forbidden information and having a whole bunch of goodies and baddies chasing after me. I would certainly be happy knowing for certain, whether or not there is or isn't a Matrix. It's the uncertainty that has most of us questioning everything. Yeah it is a movie, but that doesn't mean it isn't necessarily real. "What is real?" I bet if we were all certain of whether or not there is or isn't a Matrix or real world, then we would not be asking these questions. With certainty lies comfort and with uncertainty lies the unknown.
Sieg_Belmont
Report 16 years ago
Honestly, i have been obsesed with the matrix for a while, and i have been completely covinced that the entire franchise is true.I understand that it would be pretty dumb for the machines to not do anything about us knowing so much, but maybe they are getting bored, and they only want to see if someone can get close enough to even finding out the truth.Who knows?All of your explanations on how it isn't a possibility is all very possible, it is kind of like the christian god if u think about it, how can we explain it? The bible might have bee wrote by some group of pranksters all those years ago or anything like that, we don't know, but back to the point, i honestly understand all of the impossibilites surrounding this matter, but there are also things proving it's existance.

Yes Ty I did type this.
Sieg_Belmont
Report 16 years ago
o and i almost forgot, i don't think of a matrix as a dream world, more of as it is to the movie.I know alot of my friends think i am a loser for being so uber obsessed with this movie, but come on, this is a facinating topic for me, i really feel that this world is out there.god, i am realizing how stupid i sound...well who cares, i can belive what i want, and i feel that u all can too...i wish that i can describe what i really want to say, but it is so hard for me too, well, i know this may seem like i am really gullable or unintelligent(come on, i am covinced a movie is real)I must find the truth...there really isn't much to belive in in this life...if there is any hope out there for me with my beliefs...than there will be harmony...and then i shall wake up...and find out what reality is really like...
Morpheus80
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Conrad)
m8 if you whana do that learn to hack
and to who ever said something about pure machine code thats just binary and most I.T ppl can read it im 16 and i can read binary
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
the matrix hints at reality which is the freemasonic world. poweful sources within the government who control the world and direct how it is run through media and everything else. This what would be the 'real' world that is symbolised in the matrix where people have control. And then the 'fake' world in the matrix would be the normal public who never know about the secret order as it is to big a plot that the masons cant let it fail. so secret that even people working for the order dont realise their working for it.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Well, there really is no way to actually prove the Matrix exists or not, unless you yourself are pulled from it and experience a 'real world' first hand. All those who say that the Matrix is not real, can you prove that it is not real? And all those who sat that the Matrix is real, can you prove it is real? No...neither side can prove it is or isn't real. So for those of you who don't believe, continue thinking you are right, and those of you who believe it is real, continue thinking that you are right. It is a dilemma that cannot be solved, so stop worrying about it.
Conrad
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Unregistered)
Well, there really is no way to actually prove the Matrix exists or not, unless you yourself are pulled from it and experience a 'real world' first hand. All those who say that the Matrix is not real, can you prove that it is not real? And all those who sat that the Matrix is real, can you prove it is real? No...neither side can prove it is or isn't real. So for those of you who don't believe, continue thinking you are right, and those of you who believe it is real, continue thinking that you are right. It is a dilemma that cannot be solved, so stop worrying about it.
You mentioned those who do and don't believe, but what about those who are open to all ideas and aspects. What if someone does prove its existence/unexistence? Why must we stop worrying about it? What if the only way to stop worrying about it, is by knowing for sure, kind of like those people who get killed in horror movies when they double check to see if the bad guy is truely dead or not. I would like for the Matrix to be real is some form or fashion, simply because my life has never felt like it was truely my/happening for real. Whether or not that is true or not is another story. However, I think some probably do get extremely close to "the truth", but completely miss it because they once again doubt that there ever really was a truth. Just some thoughts.
Eru Iluvatar
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
The only proof that matters, is that you cant prove it either way, meaning what is the point of arguing about it at all???
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Sean2004)
iam confused. is the matrix real? some ppl say yes some say no which is very confusing do you think the matrix is real?
the matrix is 100% real
elpaw
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
the matrix is 100% real
absolutely. i can't wait another 9 days...
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (312)
34.36%
No (596)
65.64%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed