Turn on thread page Beta

Is The Matrix Real? watch

Announcements

If the matrix is real then do you think that them make the movies about it could be a faint atempt to let the people living in it(us) know the truth about it. you know that if you seen an againt they could just change it so you think it was a dream are it never happened. some smart dude with a (PHD) once said that if you can beet the mind you can do anything its the same thing, your mind is the only thing that keep us in the bounders of the rules. It's like if you can learn to use more than 10% of your brain, you can set your own rule like speed or building jumping dodging or stopping bullets. But if we are in the matrix then we are programed to think that there are rules and bounders that we cant change or beet, and that there is not a great battle between humans and AI.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jupiter)
    If the matrix is real then do you think that them make the movies about it could be a faint atempt to let the people living in it(us) know the truth about it. you know that if you seen an againt they could just change it so you think it was a dream are it never happened. some smart dude with a (PHD) once said that if you can beet the mind you can do anything its the same thing, your mind is the only thing that keep us in the bounders of the rules. It's like if you can learn to use more than 10% of your brain, you can set your own rule like speed or building jumping dodging or stopping bullets. But if we are in the matrix then we are programed to think that there are rules and bounders that we cant change or beet, and that there is not a great battle between humans and AI.
    Mind over matter has been the shaolin way of thinking for centuries and to this date, they have more control over their borders and boundaries than any other living beings. In order to control your own mind completely, you must learn to let go of all thoughts and concentrate on what is important. Also, in order to become stronger, you must learn to control your own spirit energy. Everyone has it, it is a person's very essence if you will. If you learn to control your thoughts and emotions and your very essence, then and only then will you have complete control over your own mind. I think that is along the lines of what you think the "smart dude" once said, but really that saying has been around ever since someone first thought of controlling their own mind and destiny . . .

to the unregistered user who says he is a computer program, you should atlease learn how to spell before you say your a computer.

ReputationRep:
    It is very fisable that we infact may be living inside a computer simulation but there is no way of proving this and even if you found proof most people would choose not to belive it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jstringer)
    It is very fisable that we infact may be living inside a computer simulation but there is no way of proving this and even if you found proof most people would choose not to belive it.

Have you ever considered the immense computing power that would be required to run this so called 'computer program'. After all, we are talking not just about simulating earth but the entire universe. I suspect that if it was worked out, you would need a computer larger than the entire universe to actually run it.

In addition, what would be the point? If robots really did need to 'harvest' us for energy why go to the bother of creating a 'matrix'. In fact, we could be brain dead and still produce the desired effects - there would be no need for a 'matrix'.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NikNak)
    Have you ever considered the immense computing power that would be required to run this so called 'computer program'. After all, we are talking not just about simulating earth but the entire universe. I suspect that if it was worked out, you would need a computer larger than the entire universe to actually run it.

In addition, what would be the point? If robots really did need to 'harvest' us for energy why go to the bother of creating a 'matrix'. In fact, we could be brain dead and still produce the desired effects - there would be no need for a 'matrix'.
    That is assuming that our knowledge of phyisiological information about us is true. Maybe, if the Matrix was real, we aren't actually human in form, and technology may not exist in a form we understand, or even comprehend.

ReputationRep:
    SPOILER---ISH---ISH

Sorry Conrad. I over reacted. I have seen it now and he doesn't properly, definetly die...not really...But it is excellent!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iluvatar)
    That is assuming that our knowledge of phyisiological information about us is true. Maybe, if the Matrix was real, we aren't actually human in form, and technology may not exist in a form we understand, or even comprehend.
    Now you are getting silly...in any case, if we arnt really humans and the technology isnt in a form we understand we would not be talking about the matrix now would we.

ReputationRep:

When you look at technology as a whole, the size of alot of devices has in fact been minimized. So it is not unreasonable to think that a computer capable of supporting the matrix could be of reasonable size.
    If you follow along w/ the movie, the reasoning behind the matrix was to keep our brains active as those who were braindead led very short lives.
    They created the matrix to give the human mind a purpose wich increased the life span dramatically.

How do you actually know that they would simulate the entire universe. no ones ever explored further than the moon yet. For all you know it could just be like a background view

ReputationRep:

just because it is not capable for us, now, does not mean it is not capable.

ReputationRep:
    Hi, how do I get a display pic?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ghost Walker)
    SPOILER---ISH---ISH

Sorry Conrad. I over reacted. I have seen it now and he doesn't properly, definetly die...not really...But it is excellent!
    Yeah, noticed how they said that they will most likely see him again, but they are not sure when? It kinda refers to him coming back as the 7th One and doing it all over again, maybe . . .

ReputationRep:
    No, I just think that if he came back then he would come bck in another form, one that we wouldn't recognise him as. It can't be a 7th because Neo was the ONE ONE...I think...I mean he saved zion rather than letting it be destoroyed and the matrix got deleted.....People will be arguing about it for the next 20 years....Ha! Maybe they just made it up as they went along...?

I think that it is really sad that some of you actually believe in the matrix.... the REAL problem is that none of you that do believe in such a thing, really do not have any real problems in your life's, there for, you have to fill the viod of stuggle with a delussionary problem... those of you that believe, are really the same type of people that are jesus freaks, or star trek geeks, or wait in line for 2 days to watch a crappy star wars movie. you are in the same catagory. the catagory when a person is so bored in there own boring life's that they need to hang on to some ******** fairy tail to make there life's SEEM some what exciting.The truth is, if you want to escape from bordom you need to have some balls to do the things you actually want to do but are afriad to do because of the FEAR of rejection. the whole point of the movie is to break free from your DISBELIEF and to direct your life in direction you wish to go... Not to live in a dream world daydreaming about a matrix all day, you need to wake up and actually do. create action in the REAL WORLD..... Don't be a hypocrite......

yo dude, i totally belive the matrix is real. See, i dont have any real proof. But do you non-believers have anyproof that it ISNT real? which is exactly my point. how do you know? how do you know that the world as we know it is just how it is and can't be altered?. What if? what if the world as we know it is simply an illusion? what if our loved ones and peers and neighbors were programs, designed by an Overseer, an...Archeitect? What if it was possible to wake up in a different realm and find ourselves amingst a war against a nightmare that the human race itself created...but now cannot destroy? Suppose there is a group of individuals out there, fighting for the human race, or what remains of it. What if a betrayer could reach out right now, pull the plug connecting you the this illusion, and snuff you out right this very second? They say its not possible, that its fiction, a myth. I say; How do you know? I say; i believe. I may never wake up, I may never be offered the red pill, but i DO believe. If you take a moment to think about it, everything in the films make sense and can, theoreticaly happen. If you want to find out more, i sugest reading a book entitled "Taking the red pill- Science, Philosophy, and Religion in The Matrix", edited by Glenn Yeffeth. Go ahead and agree or disagree all you want, but this is my belief.

(Original post by Unregistered)
    what u percieve is the internet isnt internet, its just a client sofware of the matrix system. i hack the matrix i can get here as well
    hello
    I know the truth, and if you are really from the real world i have a question , Do they have Internet Service Providers there too, because it seems to me like your IP number has been logged , reasuuring me that there is no way you hacked this system and left an ip unless you did it in our world..... right.>>> so you make a choice... because since you do know everything i'd like to see it >/?

email if you have a reply, i talk privately - [email protected]

T]-[ere /-\re /\/0 |_imits

999 Page 11 Said 101 Was An Equation Or Something In The Matrix Movie But The Fact Is There Is A Book Called 1984 And In It A Guy Is Trapped In Room 101 His Whole Life And Has No Idea What The Out Side World Is Like....

ReputationRep:
    matrix is fake...... too many film trick

ReputationRep:
    If you believe in the Matrix, then that is fine. If you don't believe in the Matrix, then that too is fine. Whom ever wishes to attempt to find a way out of our normal, boring, and uneventful lives, I say more power to them. Even if it is a Matrix world and even if it is not, persuing something that gives us all "purpose" is in fact defining the very meaning of a program. If a person has to grow up to become rich and famous, then that is that person's "purpose". If a person wishes to live as a bum and not worry about anything a all, then that is that person's "purpose". If a person thinks the Matrix is real and never gives up on the idea that one day the "truth" might be found and might one day thierself become free of this fake world, then that too is that person's "purpose". There is a lot of room for leniency, contemplation, error, and thought and as long as there is room for all of the, there should be room for acceptance that not everyone thinks the same and not everyone has the same or a similar "purpose".

Poll
Are you chained to your phone?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.