Turn on thread page Beta

Is The Matrix Real? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    But the matrix could be as credible as many thoeries (e.g. string theory)
    its just needs evidence.

ReputationRep:
    I think it would be rather comforting if some guy all dressed in black comes to my house lookin all cool and says to me "You are in danger, they know that you know. We must leave at once if you want to make it out". That would be cool. To know that the Matrix is real would be cool, but like you said, there is no real way without know for sure unless you actually unplug, which in any case if that is done, then I seriously doubt you will jack back in to say "Hey, I made it out, anyone who wants out, e-mail me". Yeah, I don't see that happening. I'm quite confident if it was real and any of us were to get contacted, it would be either by phone or in person. I seriously doubt anyone on the outside would risk getting traced just by using a stupid computer (computers rock, but I seriously doubt outsiders would use them).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alweb)
    But the matrix could be as credible as many thoeries (e.g. string theory)
    its just needs evidence.
    The string theory is c**p.
    What i dont understand though, is why Gravity is taken as fact?
    Isn't it possible that instead of the mass of the object pulling things towards it, that gravity is simply another electro-magnetic type force, but not one we can as yet recognise.

I know theres probably an obvious reason why not, but at least i'm considering possibilities, rather that inprobabilities like string theory.

ReputationRep:
    Couldn't one even go as far to say that gravity and the matrix are on the same plane in terms of fact or fiction. We all know something is keeping up on Earth and well all know that it is cintripital force, but there is a name for it, Gravity. Well, we all know that we are in this world and it seems pretty real and all, but can't it too just be keeping us here by a certain factor, that without, we could be set free and exist elsewhere? Well, if that were that case, then we could give the name of whatever is keeping us here, the Matrix. I think you stumbled on something, maybe not on purpose, but seriously, if one thing can be assumed without question, then that may explain why we all consider this the "real world" without a second thought, well most of us seeing as I'm leaning toward another thought. But I hope you get my point.

ReputationRep:
    because the matrix is an idea from a very 'hollywood' film which makes people throw the idea away as incredible. i agree

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by felixjmorgan)
    because the matrix is an idea from a very 'hollywood' film which makes people throw the idea away as incredible. i agree
    the matrix is good. how can you throw it away as being dumb? it's as possible as any other theory. just as possible as the theories preached by religious leaders

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thefish_uk)
    the matrix is good. how can you throw it away as being dumb? it's as possible as any other theory. just as possible as the theories preached by religious leaders
    i agree. im saying that aswell. im just explaining why people are saying this

ReputationRep:
    i believe you

ReputationRep:
    Don't you all think that the easiest way for an idea to be passed off as impossible or stupid or imaginary is to make a movie about it? I think if I wanted to cover a certain truth up right in front of everyone's faces, then I would make a blockbuster movie about it. Just a thought . . .

ReputationRep:
    I think it is entirely possible that there is a 'matrix', i'm not saying that we are definately living in a matrix now, just saying that i think that it is possible. People that just dismiss the possiblity straight away need to keep an open mind

ReputationRep:
    in order to do the impossible one must know impossible and what it isnt you must throw away everything you have been taught about gravity and theories or history and focus on yourself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Conrad)
    Don't you all think that the easiest way for an idea to be passed off as impossible or stupid or imaginary is to make a movie about it? I think if I wanted to cover a certain truth up right in front of everyone's faces, then I would make a blockbuster movie about it. Just a thought . . .
    but who would want to cover it up?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by felixjmorgan)
    but who would want to cover it up?
    Maybe the Wachowski brothers are agents and they want to cover it up. Or they could be people who have been freed and they live in the real world and have come into the matrix to make a movie about it to tell as many people as possible about it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goku)
    Maybe the Wachowski brothers are agents and they want to cover it up. Or they could be people who have been freed and they live in the real world and have come into the matrix to make a movie about it to tell as many people as possible about it.
    You can't exactly just up and kill a famous person(s) like movie producers or the President or someone who the public knows and likes/dislikes/whatever. The agents couldn't exactly kill the Wachowski brothers unless they made it look like an accident and even then people would be suspicious about whether or not agents killed them because they are releasing the truth. The agents and the machines wouldn't be worried if they were real (not saying they arent) because if something is usually made into a movie, most people pass it off as just a movie and that the ideas came from someone's mind(s) and that there is no way possible that those ideas could ever come from anything but someone's head.

ReputationRep:
    I doubt any of u r the one and most of u miss the point of the movie. the movie is about trust, freedom, purpose, choice, and love.
    u r in control of ur own destiny but in a way u have already made all the decisions in ur life that u r going to make because it is the way that u think and who u r that make ur decisions so in a way all ur future decisions could be predicted depending on ur environment and things that affect u but u still have time to change ur fate all thought if u think about it that would still be ur future because depending on who u r it could be predicted that u would make that decision. u must now understand ur decisions. we r selves r just mirrors of the world around us it affects us and shapes our personality we r all very predictable.

ReputationRep:
    another thing, love is important in the movie b/c true love is way to absolute freedom and trust and secureness. i will not rule out the possibility of the matrix being real, but if u think about it our universe almost proves it b/c only a illusioned universe or parallel universe could be infinite and that creating a matrix from a complex computer practically creates an infinite universe and chain reaction from the empty void of a computer in which how much the space on the pc is taken up but what the info on the pc is. rather confusing i sugest u all who talk about the matrix being real should get a girlfriend for a little securness in ur life.

be the best u can be and don't let anything stand in ur way

ReputationRep:
    if the brothers were making the movie to release the truth they would probly just be some1 stuck in the matrix or a program that has been paid by a rebel i still highly doubt it i think the movie is to encourage ppl like themselves to not live the so called "ordinary" and sometimes boring life but to give it all u got disregarding all ideas and commonly excepted truth against u. such as that 17th century guy who believed in the world being flat and evolution but didn't ever tell anyone his ideas b/c no body would believe him and everyone punished and shunned him opposing the common thought. finnaly on his death bed he had his papers published that went against all religion and common thought.

good night

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PlatosGrandson)
    Here is proof. You cannot exist without air right? But air is required in order for you to exist. If you are without air but can continue to live, then you must be in a world in parallel to our one as life apparently "goes on". However it is possible to slip from one dimension to another, by finding cracks of time. These so called 'portals' allow us to see what we see as the "real" world from the outside and thus proving that "the matrix" is real. Without being allowed to step outside this world there is no proof. The truth is, trying to prove this is impossible unless you experience it for yourself. For the majority, anyone who has experenced this is unlikely to share how they did it or that they actually did it, simply because of the great possibilities that open to up to them, and only them. Any thing is possible, and an individual who has the option of seeing through one end of this world till the end of another world must want to investigate further to experience all possibilities before further sharing this with anyone else. At the end, there is no proof unless you believe it. There is no persuasion in this matter either, you either do or do not believe it. This is one of the things in life that cannot be proven.
    the matrix is a fictional story you idiot

I dont know, since i have doing some reading and searching on the internet about the matrix i find the most weird stuff (personal reality, quantium fisics,DNA Computers, extraterestrial ? etc) I belive the matrix is real, but not exacly like in the movie.. The Matrix have changed my way of thinking and questioning nature. Some say, if they control us why didnt they program in our minds something so we never find out? DUH! they lagh. Later on i realise its al ready happening to them.. Ready to forget about it ready to make lagh just like being programed allready.. Some how its also hard to get these words down it feels like something is blocking me.. It wil all disapear totaly forgoten. Most people that have seen the The Matrix dont realise the massages of treuth in the film. It woke me up from the first minutes i whas looking at the movie and it started me to search for the treuth and search things i dont eaven know what im searching or looking for.. It gives me a different feeling when i read, search and think of the The Matrix.
    It's now 'like a splinter in my mind' driving me crazy to find the treuth.
    Somehow im aware of it now and i want to find out more. Call me crazy call me madd. I dont give a f**k. Its out there its just being banned and blocked from our system and vision.

Excuse me for bad english.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Conrad)

Yes...I agree with Conrad. No one (or nearly) believes in a block buster movie unless u know for a fact that it is based on a true story, and no one can prove that about the matrix, but we'v all had our own experiences. e.g. i was lookin at my fone and there are some text messages on there that I had had for years... .. last night they were gone... I hadnt erased them and the only person who would have had my fone other than me is my boyfriend and he wouldnt erase them because he knows how much they meant to me. . . . the odd thing was that one message was still left, tho not a very important 1. Also...yesterday i was putting the rubbish out the back and when I left the house I remembered that I hadnt locked the back door so I made a point of going back inside, locking the door and double checking it. yet when I got home my boyfriend told me that when he got in he noticed I'd left the door unlocked all day... and to add to that I had a major double deja vu around lunch time yesterday too...which is why i think the situation seems a little more than just coincidence.

I just think it's strange thats all.... anybody had anything similar happen recently. ?????? :confused:

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.