Watch
This discussion is closed.
germ666
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Persephone)
Yes...I agree with Conrad. No one (or nearly) believes in a block buster movie unless u know for a fact that it is based on a true story, and no one can prove that about the matrix, but we'v all had our own experiences. e.g. i was lookin at my fone and there are some text messages on there that I had had for years... .. last night they were gone... I hadnt erased them and the only person who would have had my fone other than me is my boyfriend and he wouldnt erase them because he knows how much they meant to me. . . . the odd thing was that one message was still left, tho not a very important 1. Also...yesterday i was putting the rubbish out the back and when I left the house I remembered that I hadnt locked the back door so I made a point of going back inside, locking the door and double checking it. yet when I got home my boyfriend told me that when he got in he noticed I'd left the door unlocked all day... and to add to that I had a major double deja vu around lunch time yesterday too...which is why i think the situation seems a little more than just coincidence.

I just think it's strange thats all.... anybody had anything similar happen recently. ?????? :confused:
i too think the matrix is real for just yesterday i found my self hovering in mid air and then fly kicking agents through walls. I then found my self stopping bullets that were fired at me then i jumped up in the air and flew away....... heathen scum
Persephone
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by germ666)
i too think the matrix is real for just yesterday i found my self hovering in mid air and then fly kicking agents through walls. I then found my self stopping bullets that were fired at me then i jumped up in the air and flew away....... heathen scum

hmmmm....something tells me u may be taking the piss....... :rolleyes:

Obscurité
Report 16 years ago
Hi,
I really do not think that the matrix is real, but i do not like people who think that they are some-what better than us because they can laugh at people who do.
I do not believe in the matrix, but i do believe that there is more of a chance of the matrix being real, than jesus performing all those 'miracles'. Maybe the machines made a world from scratch for us to live in, and Jesus was one who believed?
What does the word God imply? If it is somebody who created the world, then maybe there is a machine that did create this matrix and called himslef God. Maybe it is a program that can change things at will, updating and analysing the matrix...
I do not know, but religion does seem to blend in with the matrix at times...
Obscurité
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by germ666)
I do not wish to offend you in any way, but....

That's pathetic. Got nothing better to do?
freak_273
Report 16 years ago
O.K. lets first assume that the matrix is real and that we are all slaves to machines and intelligent computers. does anyone think that the computers and the rest of the machine world would really take the chance of the matrix movie coming out? I mean come on use your heads while most people would say that it was "just a movie" enough would really belive to make it to risky to let it happen. and if it got out then all the machines could be in for trouble when people started to wake up from the matrix. also anyone that was on the "outside" would be able to be easily convinced that the matrix was real because they would be able to point out the flaws in the matrix a lot better then anyone here is. And before anyone says "thats what they want you to think" or "the wichowsky brothers are renegade programs so they put it out to piss off the agents" or something like that then you have to remember that any computer reacts to logic and logic alone cause it has been the only way we have ever made them and letting a matrix movie come out is compleatly illogical
97morrob
Report 16 years ago
you have abviously seen the film one few many times how about you go out more and get a life instead of spending all your time argue things are real which are obviously not.
just because you saw it in a film does not mean it is true
have you seen "the mask"?
can you become a different person by putting a mask on?
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Lubo
Report 16 years ago
i love hipppos
Obscurité
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by 97morrob)
you have abviously seen the film one few many times how about you go out more and get a life instead of spending all your time argue things are real which are obviously not.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
I agree,

The film 'The Blob' is another example... I mean... have you ever seen a grlitanious blob go around eating people? Or maybe 'The Jungle Book' would be a more suitable example... when humans can talk to bears... and when a monkey has a palace.

These are both two examples of a movie... and they are not at all real.
Obscurité
Report 16 years ago
Sorry..that's gelitanious....
Conrad
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
In lue to Persephone's post on page 26, I had a de ja vu this weekend actually. I was working all of Thanksgiving break pretty much and on Thursday night, I was working the door, tearing tickets at the movie theatre I work at. I was just lounging around being happy doing something so simple for once in the past seven or so months and this elderly lady walks up to me. She says something that triggered something in my head and I tore her ticket. As soon as she walks away, I feel like I am pulling this slo-mo pan around as I am checking out the lobby of the theatre. All goes back to normal and I don't see the elderly lady any more. I look over at my co-worker and I say "De ja vu" and she was like "what?". I just felt really on guard the rest of the night at work and I felt like for some reason I was doing exactly what I was supposed to be doing at that exact moment.

Perhaps de ja vu's are truely nothing more than a way of a system telling us that we are right on track. Kind of like a save point in a video game (I only use this as a comparison because my friend mentioned this to me after telling him this). Its like on some games when you arrive at a save point, you sometimes either pause for a second while the memory card saves the data or you repeat the very last few seconds of the part you just played as a result of the system uploading your most recent gaming history. Maybe thats a way to go about looking at a system keeping us all in check, its uploading all of our data at certain save points in our lives. Just a thought though.
Conrad
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Wanna see something kinda freaky/cool? On another thread someone made called "Where does your name come from?" I said:
"Conrad is short for James S. Conrad. That's not my name, but for some reason, ever since I was little, I had that name stuck in my head. Kinda like it was a past life name. Not sure about that one, but I would like to run a search on that name one day just to see. Internet browsers never helped much."
Well, I was doing another search this morning and I found that name dating back to around the 1870's which could most definately place me in a past life around that time. Check out this link though and notice what the cemetery is called and what road it is off of. I think you will find it most interesting. I find it just a little strange on the coincidence side, but maybe thats just me.

http://www.scioto.org/Jackson/cemete...ntzioncem.html

*When you get there scroll to the bottom and look for James S. Conrad or do an Edit/Find: James S. Conrad.
Conrad
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
You might also want to run a google or yahoo search on the Mount itself, you might also find some interesting stuff. Funny how one thing leads to another.
the 1
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Conrad)
You might also want to run a google or yahoo search on the Mount itself, you might also find some interesting stuff. Funny how one thing leads to another.
conrad shut the f*(k up
Sire
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Iluvatar)
Whether it is real or not, the only reality we can truly accept is the one we exist in. It may be that this isnt real, that its a computer simulation, or maybe even a computer game or something. Or it could be a TV show, where we are the only ones who aren't actors (The Truman Show).
Maybe death is when they upgrade the program, or are moving around files, and it downloads us into a new reality. There are so many concepts of reality, theres not enough room on this server to post them all, and everyone has their own theories. But i dont think we'll ever be able to find out, so what does it matter?
hmm indeed
freak_273
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by 97morrob)
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Did you acually read my reply or are you a brain dead moron.
I was acually arguing that the matrix is NOT real not that it is, which is why i was asking why would they take the chance i mean quite simply (so idiots like you can understand it) if the matrix was real and they never made a movie about it do you really think that this message board would be here? some people have said that the reason was so that people would pass it off as another movie that couldn't possibly be true but then alot of people here belive it don't they so that stuffs that theory up put even simpler (just incase you still dont understand)
if you don't want people to know somthing don't tell them
i personally agree that if anyone belives the matrix is real that they should go to either a shrink or holiwood (acually anywhere in the states would do) because that sun is real and the sky is really blue and i ain't no battery. do you comprehend now?
Conrad
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by the 1)
conrad shut the f*(k up
Did I strike a nerve? Or am I on to something? I wonder.
the 1
Report 16 years ago
Did I strike a nerve? Or am I on to something? I wonder.
well CONRAD u think u no everything but the thing is ................................ .......................U DON'T
Conrad
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by the 1)
well CONRAD u think u no everything but the thing is ................................ .......................U DON'T
May I ask when I ever said during the span of this entire thread that I know everything. I do not recall it if I did. I would like to know the truth, but I seriously doubt that you could tell me. I don't mean to make you mad, apparently for some reason or another I seem to be doing so, I just simply wish to express my thoughts as I have in the past twenty two or so pages of this thread.
freak_273
Report 16 years ago
(from pg26)Don't you all think that the easiest way for an idea to be passed off as impossible or stupid or imaginary is to make a movie about it? I think if I wanted to cover a certain truth up right in front of everyone's faces, then I would make a blockbuster movie about it. Just a thought . . .
i know this is an old post but i am new here and looking back on old posts but i would like to know if you belived (or if anyone for that matter) in the matrix before you saw or heard about the first movie?
Conrad
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by freak_273)
i know this is an old post but i am new here and looking back on old posts but i would like to know if you belived (or if anyone for that matter) in the matrix before you saw or heard about the first movie?
Actually, yes I did. I never knew what to call it, but I knew that something wasn't right in the background of the world we are currently living in. I have always felt like my life is in a way like a video game where certain things feel only like that are told to me rather than them actually feel real in any sense whatsoever. Now that I have seen the Matrix Triology, I have a name for this phenomenon, it is called the Matrix. Whether the Wachowski brothers' idea of the Matrix is accurate or not is a completely different topic, but I completely believe that something is controlling over us in even the smallest ways. I you really hard at everyday things, you'll notice a lot more of it occuring everywhere and to everyone.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (294)
34.23%
No (565)
65.77%

Watched Threads