Is The Matrix Real? Watch

This discussion is closed.
DELTA
Badges: 0
Report 15 years ago
Conrad, I Can't Believe You Are Still Here..... The Matrix Is Boring Isn't It?
freak_273
Report 15 years ago
I guess it all depends on whether you think that reality defines you or if you define reality. of course the matrix was not a new idea, their have been stories for years that reality was a game [played by someone which we call god but if you belived in "the matrix" before the movies then i have some respect for you (acually i am glad that you said that you did as you seem like a cool person) personally i belive that this is the real world but then again as morphius says "how do you define real".
but if i am wrong and the matrix is real (which i doubt) then i choose the matrix
Sire
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Simply close your eyes, and if you feel a divine presence... then assume you have a few plugs covering your body and you need an oil change.
jbp20717
Report 15 years ago
I think anyone who believes the Matrix is real should seek professional help. What Santa Claus bringing you people for Christmas?
LPK
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by jbp20717)
I think anyone who believes the Matrix is real should seek professional help. What Santa Claus bringing you people for Christmas?
well will he make it or will neo fly in the sky to kill him :rolleyes:
the 1
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by eric bischoff)
well will he make it or will neo fly in the sky to kill him :rolleyes:
Hi eric i sence u think the matrix isnt real but you're name suggests
u like wwe. well that isnt real ..... so some people think wwe is real
i nkow that is stupid. ergo peoplke think the matrix is real and sum think it isnt its just a matter of oppinion
LPK
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by the 1)
Hi eric i sence u think the matrix isnt real but you're name suggests
u like wwe. well that isnt real ..... so some people think wwe is real
i nkow that is stupid. ergo peoplke think the matrix is real and sum think it isnt its just a matter of oppinion
i like the matrix i dont think it is real sure people can fight like karate but not fly and all that.I dont think wrestling is real either well i actually no it aint real
the 1
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by eric bischoff)
i like the matrix i dont think it is real sure people can fight like karate but not fly and all that.I dont think wrestling is real either well i actually no it aint real
well how sure are u that people cant fly. Just bcoz u haven't
senn something being done doesnt mean it isnt REAL well in the words of morpheous *HOW DO U DEFINE REAL. IF U ARE TYALKING ABOUT YOU'RE SENSES WELL THEY ARE JUST ELECTRICAL IMPULSIS INTURPRITED BY UR BRAIN*
Conrad
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by DELTA)
Conrad, I Can't Believe You Are Still Here..... The Matrix Is Boring Isn't It?
Hey Delta,
Long time no talk. Heck yeah the Matrix is boring. I wish I could get a hold of a "red pill" and get the heck out of here. Actually in boring, I mean that I am sick of this reality and I would probably do almost anything to get out of it right about now. How come you've been gone for so long. I noticed your now a member. That's definately cool. You would not believe what kind of silly name calling that has been going on since you were last on here. Trust me, you haven't missed a thing. The Matrix is still here and its not going anywhere so to speak.
SleepingAwake
Report 15 years ago
Is The Matrix Real?

I guess it depends what the Matrix is to you. Some of you may take it too literal; others, too lightly. BTW if you post in here claiming the literal Matrix from the movies is real, and you can't even spell correctly or you attempt to dazzle readers with formulas and algorithms that clearly are just buzzwords that you don't understand, AND you're misspelling those buzzwords, then no one will believe you- although they might believe you're insane.

Anyways, like I said, it depends on what the Matrix is to you. I know what it is to me. Do you want to know what it is? Keep reading. Although there is way to much information to explain my views, I have attempted to summarize.

I believe we do live in a Matrix, of sorts. Everyday in newspapers and online news publications stories can be found; stories that when put together with others, begin to show a disturbing pattern. In the US, and in other governments around the globe, the top 1 percent are in control. They spend and live lavish lifestyles, dictating laws to "protect us" from ourselves, while they break these laws themselves.

In the US where I live, I reached a plane of thought that allowed me to see my World for what it really is. I am a slave. I am in bondage to my government. Many think that the US is the place to be- that it is the most free country in the World. I would challenge that notion. We are not free. We may have choices, but those choices are given to us by a government. How can it be free choice when you can only choose from what someone or some thing decides to give you? For example, if I let you choose one bill from a pile of money with 10's, 20's, and 50's; but I don't show you the $100, how is it that you had free choice? I WITHELD the one option you would have chosen! That is NOT free! Not only should you be free to choose FROM your options, but you should be free to see what ALL your options are.

We spend our lives in political combat, seeking to elect Democrats over Republicans, and Republicans over Democrats. They (the politicians) know we will. They design their media campaign to touch a cord in all of us. Here's the joke: They are all the same.

Our lives are filled with car payments, house payments, and all the entertainment money can buy. To truly fight the system would necessitate giving up our comfortable lifestyles, our nice house, jobs, and all the things that take up our time. We are in chains of our choosing. Unfortunately, it is easier to stay 'plugged in', than to fight the system. But make no mistake: We are not free. Oh sure, if I want to go fishing, I can. As long as it's fishing season, I buy a fishing license, and adhere to all these fishing rules that I did not request. For a free society, the US has so many laws, that I doubt any average citizen even understands them all. How can a 'free' people be bound by so many rules? It boggles the mind.

Now I read the news and observe the World with a whole different outlook. I laugh as I witness so many blindly submit to all these rules. The rules benefit not the people, but the ruling class. The political struggle kept alive to fill the lives of people; Racial tensions fueled by "Human Rights Activists" (most of which are getting rich of of these scams); Wars started by our governments for their own selfish gains, fought not by those ordering the war, but by the expendable 'citizen'; wars fought over money and commodities- not to be given to you, but to be spent/used at 'the discretion' of your government.

And where is Neo? I believe he is in us all. But we won't get out until we all make the effort together. Unfortunately, those who have tried to help us see are all to often branded as heretics, and crucified by the media, a wonderful tool of the government.

So how is this the Matrix? Recall the definition:

Morpheous: What is the Matrix?...Control.

If you don't think that governments control the citizen poulations of the World for their own gain, then you are either not being honest, or you have not researched the facts.

Yes, the Matrix is real. It's not a computer program. It is a frightening reality. Wake up. And you will see as I have, that it is indeed real. Unfortunately, being awake is not as thrilling for me as I wished it would be. It is a heavy weight on my shoulders every day that goes by since awakening. I see, but I cannot change it.

And no, the Matrix cannot tell you who you are. That is one choice that the individual is definitely free to make.
the 1
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by SleepingAwake)
Is The Matrix Real?

I guess it depends what the Matrix is to you. Some of you may take it too literal; others, too lightly. BTW if you post in here claiming the literal Matrix from the movies is real, and you can't even spell correctly or you attempt to dazzle readers with formulas and algorithms that clearly are just buzzwords that you don't understand, AND you're misspelling those buzzwords, then no one will believe you- although they might believe you're insane.

Anyways, like I said, it depends on what the Matrix is to you. I know what it is to me. Do you want to know what it is? Keep reading. Although there is way to much information to explain my views, I have attempted to summarize.

I believe we do live in a Matrix, of sorts. Everyday in newspapers and online news publications stories can be found; stories that when put together with others, begin to show a disturbing pattern. In the US, and in other governments around the globe, the top 1 percent are in control. They spend and live lavish lifestyles, dictating laws to "protect us" from ourselves, while they break these laws themselves.

In the US where I live, I reached a plane of thought that allowed me to see my World for what it really is. I am a slave. I am in bondage to my government. Many think that the US is the place to be- that it is the most free country in the World. I would challenge that notion. We are not free. We may have choices, but those choices are given to us by a government. How can it be free choice when you can only choose from what someone or some thing decides to give you? For example, if I let you choose one bill from a pile of money with 10's, 20's, and 50's; but I don't show you the $100, how is it that you had free choice? I WITHELD the one option you would have chosen! That is NOT free! Not only should you be free to choose FROM your options, but you should be free to see what ALL your options are.

We spend our lives in political combat, seeking to elect Democrats over Republicans, and Republicans over Democrats. They (the politicians) know we will. They design their media campaign to touch a cord in all of us. Here's the joke: They are all the same.

Our lives are filled with car payments, house payments, and all the entertainment money can buy. To truly fight the system would necessitate giving up our comfortable lifestyles, our nice house, jobs, and all the things that take up our time. We are in chains of our choosing. Unfortunately, it is easier to stay 'plugged in', than to fight the system. But make no mistake: We are not free. Oh sure, if I want to go fishing, I can. As long as it's fishing season, I buy a fishing license, and adhere to all these fishing rules that I did not request. For a free society, the US has so many laws, that I doubt any average citizen even understands them all. How can a 'free' people be bound by so many rules? It boggles the mind.

Now I read the news and observe the World with a whole different outlook. I laugh as I witness so many blindly submit to all these rules. The rules benefit not the people, but the ruling class. The political struggle kept alive to fill the lives of people; Racial tensions fueled by "Human Rights Activists" (most of which are getting rich of of these scams); Wars started by our governments for their own selfish gains, fought not by those ordering the war, but by the expendable 'citizen'; wars fought over money and commodities- not to be given to you, but to be spent/used at 'the discretion' of your government.

And where is Neo? I believe he is in us all. But we won't get out until we all make the effort together. Unfortunately, those who have tried to help us see are all to often branded as heretics, and crucified by the media, a wonderful tool of the government.

So how is this the Matrix? Recall the definition:

Morpheous: What is the Matrix?...Control.

If you don't think that governments control the citizen poulations of the World for their own gain, then you are either not being honest, or you have not researched the facts.

Yes, the Matrix is real. It's not a computer program. It is a frightening reality. Wake up. And you will see as I have, that it is indeed real. Unfortunately, being awake is not as thrilling for me as I wished it would be. It is a heavy weight on my shoulders every day that goes by since awakening. I see, but I cannot change it.

And no, the Matrix cannot tell you who you are. That is one choice that the individual is definitely free to make.
Would you like to shut up? ................................ ................................ ................................ ................................ ................................ .............................. no well do so any way
Conrad
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Is The Matrix Real?

I guess it depends what the Matrix is to you. Some of you may take it too literal; others, too lightly . . .

Wow. That would be a great ending point for this thread, but guess what? This thread will never die out. No so long as people still question the truth and the very meanings of their own lives. The world is hiding this great truth from most, right in front of their eyes. It's so sad to see so many people living out their lives day to day without giving the slightest thought to how things are and how things could/should be. People don't even think twice when they hear of a rule or command being barked out by some authority figure head. They should, it just might make them join the alliance against the small, great power that has its firm grim on society as a whole.
SleepingAwake
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Conrad)
Wow. That would be a great ending point for this thread, but guess what? This thread will never die out. No so long as people still question the truth and the very meanings of their own lives. The world is hiding this great truth from most, right in front of their eyes. It's so sad to see so many people living out their lives day to day without giving the slightest thought to how things are and how things could/should be. People don't even think twice when they hear of a rule or command being barked out by some authority figure head. They should, it just might make them join the alliance against the small, great power that has its firm grim on society as a whole.
I completely agree, on all points. BTW I don't think this thread should die out. I posted in here...I don't know why. I don't usually post in forums. I spend most of the time just reading them...I like to see what others are thinking.

This last year for me has really been a time of clearer sight, and clarity of thought. I can't help but realize that many have thought as I do, and many will think this way long after I'm dead and gone. My big question is actually two questions.

How can so many people be so blind?
AND
How can so many people that aren't blind, just ignore the truth?

(Original post by the 1)
Would you like to shut up? ................................ ................................ ................................ ................................ ................................ .............................. no well do so any way.
That was really intelligent. Surely you can do much better than that. Actually, I should thank you for that. You illustrated a wonderful point: One good reason why people will never band together to stand up and take their freedom back...they're too busy starting meaningless wars with each other.

I mean really, consider that. I have no clue who The 1 is, and he has no idea who I am. I post in a forum (which I believe is purpose of a forum) and some neanderthal I've never met replies to my post with a personal insult.

And we all wonder why this planet is in the shape it is?
Conrad
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
That was really intelligent. Surely you can do much better than that. Actually, I should thank you for that. You illustrated a wonderful point: One good reason why people will never band together to stand up and take their freedom back...they're too busy starting meaningless wars with each other.

I mean really, consider that. I have no clue who The 1 is, and he has no idea who I am. I post in a forum (which I believe is purpose of a forum) and some neanderthal I've never met replies to my post with a personal insult.

And we all wonder why this planet is in the shape it is?
I completely agree. I think all posts should be taken with a grain of salt unless you either strongly disagree or agree with the postings in some way or another. I think there could never be peace on Earth for the sole purpose, as you already stated, that people are too blind and stubborn to allow room for error and misjudgement to be recognized on all scales.
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
Start sending status:
port 8000
ip 110.87.121.190

You know there is something wrong ...
Want to escape ...
We can help

Close sending status:
port closed
Sire
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by 1000111011)
Start sending status:
port 8000
ip 110.87.121.190

You know there is something wrong ...
Want to escape ...
We can help

Close sending status:
port closed
* Dns unable to resolve 110.87.121.190 LMAO
s_agent_smith
Report 15 years ago
Gentlemen,

Assume, for a moment, that you are in the Matrix — exactly as shown in the movies. The movies are propaganda, produced by the side of your choice for the reason of your choosing. You are being used, along with a new form of fusion, to power the machines, computers and agents that essentially control your existence.

Out of this bargain you get a seemingly 'normal' life in a virtual reality world.

My question to you would be this: What is wrong with this arrangement? Why are you so upset? And why, why in God's name do you insist upon resisting? It is, after all, the most perfectly 'normal' life you can imagine, and definitely much better than the alternative — 'reality'. Why is 'real life' your golden calf? What drives you to sacrifice life and limb in the pursuit of an inferior existence of fear and hiding, always dreading the next appearance of an agent, forever trembling at the murmured rumor of sentinels' approach.

What is wrong with you?
Sire
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by s_agent_smith)
Gentlemen,

Assume, for a moment, that you are in the Matrix — exactly as shown in the movies. The movies are propaganda, produced by the side of your choice for the reason of your choosing. You are being used, along with a new form of fusion, to power the machines, computers and agents that essentially control your existence.

Out of this bargain you get a seemingly 'normal' life in a virtual reality world.

My question to you would be this: What is wrong with this arrangement? Why are you so upset? And why, why in God's name do you insist upon resisting? It is, after all, the most perfectly 'normal' life you can imagine, and definitely much better than the alternative — 'reality'. Why is 'real life' your golden calf? What drives you to sacrifice life and limb in the pursuit of an inferior existence of fear and hiding, always dreading the next appearance of an agent, forever trembling at the murmured rumor of sentinels' approach.

What is wrong with you?
It is the principle of the thing.
s_agent_smith
Report 15 years ago
The principle, Mr. Provost? Principle will drive you to such lengths over something so small?

If you 'free' yourself from the matrix, you will still NEVER be free. You will be a slave to the chain of command, to necessity, to responsibility. There is no freedom. Not here, not there; not now, not ever.

Also, would anyone here have any idea how I can actually become an Agent? It is my only aspiration in 'life'.
Sire
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by s_agent_smith)
The principle, Mr. Provost? Principle will drive you to such lengths over something so small?

If you 'free' yourself from the matrix, you will still NEVER be free. You will be a slave to the chain of command, to necessity, to responsibility. There is no freedom. Not here, not there; not now, not ever.

Also, would anyone here have any idea how I can actually become an Agent? It is my only aspiration in 'life'.
Lame, so utterly lame. Whatever melts your butter. Slave to the chain of command? As opposed to simply being a slave?
X

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you going to self-release into Clearing?

Yes I've pressed the button (76)
17.31%
No I'm happy with my uni offer (281)
64.01%
Not yet but I am planning to (21)
4.78%
Not yet but I might (61)
13.9%

Watched Threads