Is The Matrix Real? Watch

This discussion is closed.
SleepingAwake
Badges: 0
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by the 1)
pathetic
Hey, Lay off. His post is just as welcome as the guy I traded binary with.
The_Barman
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by PlatosGrandson)
Here is proof. You cannot exist without air right? But air is required in order for you to exist. If you are without air but can continue to live, then you must be in a world in parallel to our one as life apparently "goes on". However it is possible to slip from one dimension to another, by finding cracks of time. These so called 'portals' allow us to see what we see as the "real" world from the outside and thus proving that "the matrix" is real. Without being allowed to step outside this world there is no proof. The truth is, trying to prove this is impossible unless you experience it for yourself. For the majority, anyone who has experenced this is unlikely to share how they did it or that they actually did it, simply because of the great possibilities that open to up to them, and only them. Any thing is possible, and an individual who has the option of seeing through one end of this world till the end of another world must want to investigate further to experience all possibilities before further sharing this with anyone else. At the end, there is no proof unless you believe it. There is no persuasion in this matter either, you either do or do not believe it. This is one of the things in life that cannot be proven.
I dont wanna state the obvious mate but you got a problem
The_Barman
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by the 1)
pathetic
Why would ya go and say that? Fair enough you might not agree at all even though you have named yourself after the matrix aswell. His thread is just as welcome as the next flight of fancy. If ya dont like what people write thendont reply...simple as that!!!!
Sire
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by The_Barman)
Why would ya go and say that? Fair enough you might not agree at all even though you have named yourself after the matrix aswell. His thread is just as welcome as the next flight of fancy. If ya dont like what people write thendont reply...simple as that!!!!
Well done. Congrats on reaching the 75th post of Junior Member. May you continue along the enlightened path of The Way.
ROAM
Report 14 years ago
COnrad made it out of the matrix, I was told by delta!!!!
elpaw
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Sire)
Well done. Congrats on reaching the 75th post of Junior Member. May you continue along the enlightened path of The Way.
are we seeing a resurgance of The Way?
Sire
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by elpaw)
are we seeing a resurgance of The Way?
You don't miss a trick do you? *chuckles* I doubt that The Way shall rise again, but we can only hope hehe
Shichimenshyo
Report 14 years ago
I wake up, and cant tell if im awake. the world that we live in seems somehow fake to me. despite the fact that my body tells me its real my mind recoils and i somehow dont feel right. I fell as if im being watched. only when i am asleep do i feel sound in mind and body, when im asleep i feel safe. Is the matrix real, i dont know. I wish i could explain the things i feel. ..........What is the matrix?
becky_babes
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Sean2004)
iam confused. is the matrix real? some ppl say yes some say no which is very confusing do you think the matrix is real?
no the matrix isnt real you ****in dumbass
omfg ....ppl who say it is are just obsessed and dont know what they are talkin about...this is 2004 and if the matrix was real i think there would be agent smith wandering around some where
SleepingAwake
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by becky_babes)
no the matrix isnt real you ****in dumbass
omfg ....ppl who say it is are just obsessed and dont know what they are talkin about...this is 2004 and if the matrix was real i think there would be agent smith wandering around some where
Hey, no need to be an ass and call names. It's quite possible that some with folks seeking answers will overcome their shyness to post here truly looking for some helpful suggestions.

If anger and insult is all you have, then go to your local bar, where somebody can actually call you out and slug you in public. Why play it safe in a forum?

You're not afraid to talk to people like that in the real world, are you?
Plastic Sheets
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Unregistered)
Hey, i think its great that other people think like me, we are in a dream world, everyone out for themselves, grab everything you can. It amazes me walking past people sat chatting about their hair, how much money they earn these things are so trivial if they thought about it. Why doesn't everyone think deeper.I supose its because they are all "in the fur" according to Sophies World. Can anyone else relate to "the celestine prophecy" ? Its the most influencial book i've ever read, i found it by mistake and it compleatly changed my out look on life, then The Matrix came along and confirmed everything i've belived. I'd love to hear from anyone who thinks the same as me.
Yes i can definatley relate to the celestine Prophecies, The 11th insight was especially interesting to me, As for the "Matrix" there really is no answer, I dont know what to think or say, any opinion i can offer for either argument can easily be shot down. There is simply to much skepticism. If it is real its obviously perfect because none of us have figured a way out. My question to the other forum goers is IF you FIRMLY do not believe that the "matrix" has any reality to it. Then why/how did you end up in this Forum at all.
-Still confused...
Orannis
Report 14 years ago
what you peeps dont realize is that the machines are so advanced, they have anticipated the realization of existance, and have also anticipated the out come, so, at the risk of sounding cliched, resistance is futile

peace
riffraff
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
the matrix cannot be real, because it would be uneconomical. The machines would get less than a tenth of the energy out that they put in, it would be easier to bypass humans and launch a world wrapping array of solar panels which could beam energy down to earth, rather than piddling around with humans.

This is because when animals intake food, they actually intake less than a tenth of the energy that the foodstuff has taken in, i.e. about 90% of energy is lost from one trophic level to the next. Even if the humans aren't running around etc., they are still burning fuel to keep alive eg. active uptake and the energy needed by the heart and intercostal muscles. So even if you put 100 units of energy into an organism, you get less then 10 units out. The machines would be losing energy, and so would not exploit humans in this manner. It would be more economical to use humans as labour on farms, but these processes could preseumably be mechanised and there would be no need. There is therefore no justification for the matrix as an energy source for the machines, simple biology refutes it.
PhantomDrifter
Report 14 years ago
Is the matrix real? Yes it is possibler that it does exist. But probable not like machines have taken over and Agents will come swooping down to kill you. Probably not like in thre movie. Why? Because If the real people in control did not want people to free people than it would be set were no one could "exit".
But the Matrix may be where the real world is wre most religons after-life locatons are (eg. heaven,hell, ect...) A d when you die here you wake up and are in heaven. Or for all we may know this world could be a thought thought up bysome other diety. The possibilities are endless and there is so much that we don't know. But I belive that we all should pursue the truth in everything.
goits
Report 14 years ago
that is bull **** you are talkking ******** ok
stu_uk_aussie
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by goits)
that is bull **** you are talkking ******** ok

Alright easy everyone is entitled to there opinion
hazza15rocks
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Unregistered)
its not a joek man. it rea. why wont anyone listen to me
Just out of curiosity "not taking any sides" would not the aliens/machines prevent this from being seen in other words delete it as soon as you had typed it? + you spelt joke wrong?
hazza15rocks
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by the 1)
well wilst i am here i might as well giv u sum advice if u think the matrix is real well in the matrix u don't need air to live well hold ur breath
for an hour ............ no well thank u
what if when you become "alive " different rules apply did you ever think of that#?
hazza15rocks
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Sire)
I believe the argument for the matrix being real is that the truth is what the mind believes to be true. Thus, if you were in the matrix and decided to hold your breath for an hour, you would still die. Make sense?
ah yes but what the eyes see, the ears hear, the mouth tastes, the nose smells, and the hands touch the mind bieves that something is there even if it isn't such as your reflection int a piece of glass. how do we know out there is not oxygen no one that has gone out there has survived what if it is concentrate that our lungs can't stand or just too cold noone knows.
Orannis
Report 14 years ago
your thoughts in "the matrix" are nothing but electricity. it would be very simple to manipulate said matrix so that your thoughts are out of your control
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (213)
27.92%
No (550)
72.08%

Watched Threads