Is The Matrix Real? Watch

This discussion is closed.
Orannis
Badges: 0
Report 15 years ago
umm, also, the matrix would have to be flexible, as choice is a problematic feature to an enslavement program, unless, as i stated before, the machines have predetermined all the outcome of upcoming conflicts... yeah. anywho... all choices have been made and there is nothing you can do about it...

recall the first line of Frost's "a road less taken" now, what is it that made him choose the road he chose? what is it that nags at your gut, leving naught but the will to follow what you precieve as a gut instinct, or should you go against your thaughts, and follow the raod less taken???

think off rock paper scissors. you always try to think so many steps above your opponent. now if you were to overthink your attack, like picking scissors instead of rock, the outcome would be the opposite of what you intended it to be; you would lose, instead of winning.and that is with only two possible outcomes. in other situations(i.e. Relationships), there are sveral repurcussions, as in the butterfly effect (not the movie). one flapping of a butterflies wings could potentially, cause a storm on the other side of the world. like divering the flow of the Thames river with a single pebble.

think about it sometime.

peace
charm
Report 15 years ago
You guys are full of sh*t. The world is what you make of it and the choises are yours. If you believe in the Matrix the you are a Buddist cuz the claim the same things only using the belief of a past life. Holy crap, how about using the 21 billion US that you Europeans spend on ice cream every year on world hunger. Statistics world wide( including the UK and all ECU countries) determine that 30 billion US will ELIMANATE World hunger for that year. The Canadian budget for 2004 is 176 billion in US dollars and the US is 2.4 Trillion US( with a defacit of 500 MILLION!!!).

Christ Allmighty, Jesus must be spinning in his grave like a top.
SleepingAwake
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by charm)
You guys are full of sh*t. The world is what you make of it and the choises are yours. If you believe in the Matrix the you are a Buddist cuz the claim the same things only using the belief of a past life. Holy crap, how about using the 21 billion US that you Europeans spend on ice cream every year on world hunger. Statistics world wide( including the UK and all ECU countries) determine that 30 billion US will ELIMANATE World hunger for that year. The Canadian budget for 2004 is 176 billion in US dollars and the US is 2.4 Trillion US( with a defacit of 500 MILLION!!!).

Wow, Charm. That's quite a monologue. I'm curious, did you just get into a fight with your significant other (losing of course) and desperately need to join a forum to have someone to yell at?

If not, then let's have a meaningful chat. :-)

I feel obligated to point out (for the record, you know historical accuracy and all) that Jesus was buried in a Tomb (far different than a grave) and that he left that fine resting place after only 3 days. As far as him spinning like a top...well...since he is God, I'm sure he could definitely do that quite well.

Now, about the whole free choice thing. I admire your point of view- not because I believe it, but because I use to believe it. You actually posted some great evidence to the contrary of your above stated belief in the 'world being what you make it.'

I invite you to withhold any taxes you owe to your government, and send them directly to the homeless, and hungry. After all, this would be your free choice, yes?

WRONG

See how fast you get jailed, beaten, tortured, etc... They (those in power. There is ALWAYS someone in power, just for the sake of staying in power) don't like it when you %$&# with their money. Want to know why? Those folks don't like their money being invested in fighting hunger because there is NO PROFIT in that endeavor.

Now, the Matrix, to me and many others, provided a wake-up call that we are "...all here because we're NOT free..."

So, what horrible unfree country do I live in? (get ready for this) America. Land of (the illusion of) freedom.

Put that in your pipe and smoke it.
Sam2k
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
of course the matrix isn't real.
charm
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by SleepingAwake)
Wow, Charm. That's quite a monologue. I'm curious, did you just get into a fight with your significant other (losing of course) and desperately need to join a forum to have someone to yell at?

If not, then let's have a meaningful chat. :-)

I feel obligated to point out (for the record, you know historical accuracy and all) that Jesus was buried in a Tomb (far different than a grave) and that he left that fine resting place after only 3 days. As far as him spinning like a top...well...since he is God, I'm sure he could definitely do that quite well.

Now, about the whole free choice thing. I admire your point of view- not because I believe it, but because I use to believe it. You actually posted some great evidence to the contrary of your above stated belief in the 'world being what you make it.'

I invite you to withhold any taxes you owe to your government, and send them directly to the homeless, and hungry. After all, this would be your free choice, yes?

WRONG

See how fast you get jailed, beaten, tortured, etc... They (those in power. There is ALWAYS someone in power, just for the sake of staying in power) don't like it when you %$&# with their money. Want to know why? Those folks don't like their money being invested in fighting hunger because there is NO PROFIT in that endeavor.

Now, the Matrix, to me and many others, provided a wake-up call that we are "...all here because we're NOT free..."

So, what horrible unfree country do I live in? (get ready for this) America. Land of (the illusion of) freedom.

Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

Maybe you aught to run for President so you can fix all that. Or better yet, write a rogue program that will do the same. By the way, Canadian income tax has never been ratified as law( unlike the good old US ofA) and eventhough it is an expensive legal fight, the ordinary Canuk can be exempt from paying Federal tax. Provincial tax is another matter, though.
Hey, if you believe in the matrix, Jesus is just another Java applet running in our minds so why bother to be accurate about Accention. It makes no fundamental difference.
SleepingAwake
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by charm)
Maybe you aught to run for President so you can fix all that. Or better yet, write a rogue program that will do the same. By the way, Canadian income tax has never been ratified as law( unlike the good old US ofA) and eventhough it is an expensive legal fight, the ordinary Canuk can be exempt from paying Federal tax. Provincial tax is another matter, though.
Hey, if you believe in the matrix, Jesus is just another Java applet running in our minds so why bother to be accurate about Accention. It makes no fundamental difference.
Oh, now Charm, I believe you still missunderstand. I don't think anyone in their right minds believes the Matrix of the movies actually exists. I know I don't. However, it did present a fine example of allegory with which to wake me up to my surroundings.

And you still haven't freed your mind, my friend. Running for President would NOT fix the problem. It is insane to believe that any use of the "system" will bring about a positive change. People in power (and they are in power not for any altruistic cause, mind you) do not do it for you and for me. It is strictly for their own benefit, and for their own longevity, that they operate. Governments are run by people- far to imperfect of a creature to ever bring about peace and satisfaction to the masses. That's why America was initially founded to be governed by a servant government "...by the people and for the people..." Unfortunately, power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely, so you get something like we have here today.

In regards to taxation; that is a whole separate matter. Taxation in America has not been necessary for Government stability in a long time. It's far to complicated to get into in this forum (I will, however if you ask), but suffice it to say, that Federal taxation is strictly used as a method of social control, and inflation offset.

And no, crazy, Jesus is not a Java applet.

You see, I can't fix it for everyone. (Althpough I can try to educate others.) I can only make progress for me. Everyone else's fate, is up to them.

Cheers.
riffraff
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by charm)

ummm, how about using the however many euros it is you americans blow on fast food, and then on expensive ways to slim down after eating to much fast food on eliminating world hunger? kind of ironic that so many of you dont see that the way to keep healthy is not to drink 8 glasses of water a day, or to eliminate fat or carbs from your diet, but not to eat so much food and to take more exercise.

failing that, why not stop entering pointless wars e.g. iraq, vietnam and actually do some good instead of bombing everything up and getting nowhere? or how about ending your useless anti drugs campaign (one of the main reasons iraq was attacked) and make it legal and therefore safer.

sorry if this is off the point of whether the matrix is real or not, but considering the many fine things europe has produced and continues to produce, it seems a bit unfair to label us as selfish ice cream stuffers.
SleepingAwake
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by riffraff)
ummm, how about using the however many euros it is you americans blow on fast food, and then on expensive ways to slim down after eating to much fast food on eliminating world hunger? kind of ironic that so many of you dont see that the way to keep healthy is not to drink 8 glasses of water a day, or to eliminate fat or carbs from your diet, but not to eat so much food and to take more exercise.

failing that, why not stop entering pointless wars e.g. iraq, vietnam and actually do some good instead of bombing everything up and getting nowhere? or how about ending your useless anti drugs campaign (one of the main reasons iraq was attacked) and make it legal and therefore safer.

sorry if this is off the point of whether the matrix is real or not, but considering the many fine things europe has produced and continues to produce, it seems a bit unfair to label us as selfish ice cream stuffers.
Hey rifraff...didn't you read? Charm's from Canada.
ffffeee 555
Report 15 years ago
you must keep in mind that our biggest wars are fought inside our own minds and that our biggest victories are won in our own minds.

freedom is not achieved physically it comes from your mind.
ffffeee 555
Report 15 years ago
where has Conrad gone?
SonicYouth
Report 15 years ago
of course its not, its a concept for a very imgainative and groundbreaking film.

Atheism rules!
Trauts
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by ffffeee 555)
where has Conrad gone?
Apparently he got out of the Matrix
ffffeee 555
Report 15 years ago
conrad better come back here and let us know cause this delta is freaking me out
Soldier
Report 15 years ago
im not sure that matrix exsists.........but im sure something controls us........defyes the laws of natures....goes against the nature.....goes against the truth......we can alter time........we can alter the world we...need the right power to do it......like some things are just not explainable how do they happen? must be some reason.....according to the mayan calendar its similarly like this the world ends in such a war.brood and war thats how it'll end......im not saying im totally right...but its a possibilty...we are capable of grasping so much knowledge we can know every possible tiniest frickel of information......but we are bound to know some things.......the law of nature confuses me.....theres something beyond what we know.....what we are told........
two_headed_monk
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
the universe is far beyond human comprehension, itll never happen. There is so much about this plane of existance that we dont know, and since people have been spoon-fed stories by churches, we, as a species have only just started to question how it all works...
Eru Iluvatar
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by two_headed_monk)
the universe is far beyond human comprehension, itll never happen. There is so much about this plane of existance that we dont know, and since people have been spoon-fed stories by churches, we, as a species have only just started to question how it all works...
Why?
Why do things have to be so beyond us?
Why isn't it possible that we are close already to understanding the universe?
two_headed_monk
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
because all of our theories about how things work fly out the window when you consider black holes, or dark matter. we're only just scaping the surface, in 400 years, well look back and itll be like when people believed that the earth was flat. a theory is only law until a better one comes along.
Apollo
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
no, the matrix is a highly imaginative, poorly done set of movies.
ffffeee 555
Report 15 years ago
has anyone haerd from delta recently?
if u r reading this delta please fill us in on Conrad.
woteva
Report 15 years ago
at da end ov da day it is up2 u wot u believe in i dont know if i myself believe it but i do hope that there is life after death coz im scared of dying!!!
X

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (158)
13.3%
Excited (106)
8.92%
Worried (217)
18.27%
Terrified (277)
23.32%
Meh (94)
7.91%
Confused (32)
2.69%