Is The Matrix Real?

Watch
This discussion is closed.
oldthrashbarg
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Of course the matrix is real, otherwise they wouldn't have put it in a movie silly.
Trauts
Badges: 0
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by oldthrashbarg)
Of course the matrix is real, otherwise they wouldn't have put it in a movie silly.
You seem very certain about that
r316
Report 16 years ago
As a Hindu, in a sense I do believe in the Matrix. The concept of the world being false, where one must 'open one's eyes' to the reality- is the basis of the Hindu idea of 'maya' (illusion).
typh00n
Report 16 years ago
Okay, basically, i've been reading the first few pages of this topic, and am quite intrigued by what i have read. I understand people's basis for such radical claims as a "true matrix" in which we are controlled by machines. However, being only 15, i have very little knowledge of the subject at hand and have only read very simple and limited guides to the subject of alternate realities, matricies, etc. What i want is some resources that i can look to in order to become more knowledgeable about these theories. I find this topic quite engaging and to be something that his picked up my interest. I'm a very intelligent boy, however have found very little that challenges me lately in any sort of medium. These theories stimulate my mind however, and truly make me think. Having said all this i would like to know of some books, articles, etc. that i could find in order to learn more about these subjects. THNX for any help
Darkneo
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Ghost Walker)
Yeah, I admit that if the matrix was real then I would want to get out but it isn't. It can't be, otherwise we would be seeing weird things all over the news like people running up walls and doing amazing combo's ect.
ok you dont see people running up walls or doing fantastic thinks like that but do you believe that you were aloud to see it. just going back to the films during the film there was no news reports about neo flying , or doing anything like that cause for all you know the matrix wipes the memory clean of any of this stuff. and maybe dreams and stuff like that are windows in your mind of the stuff that you were made 4get and it just gets mixed up in your head. this is just a few opinions of mind. cause i swear sumtimes when just walking down a street or just watching people i get the powerful feeling that i know this world is not real and i laugh to myself and just wonder i am the only one that does not see the faultness of this world.

-=Dark=-{Lord}^Angel
Langolier
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Unregistered)
whoever said it was windows. the matrix is more advanced. the internet what u see. is just the image formed on ur brain electric pulses. you wont able to use the real matrix system. and its dangerous as well. but the windows???? its not windows. just because its name is windows dont mean it is windows

The matrix is a real thing for patients, for HOSPITAL use.
Trauts
Report 16 years ago
Does anyone know for certain what happened to Canrad?
ogs
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
With the progression of virtual reality going at the rate that it is at the moment... and providing it continues in this way... it is as feasable that we were created by people form the future that have the technology to recreate life... as it is that the big bang happened...!
well that's one point of view anyway.....
but if it was true... it would mean that there were millions of parallel universes
:rolleyes:
Psycho18
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
Nobody else believes me except my best friend, but I've seen so much weird stuff in my short 23 years on in this state of mind. Like I got a forewarning 10 days before my dad died, I could've done something about it, but I didn't believe it would actually happen. And I've had so many weird dreams just like NEO had in the first one about the Agents and other stuff, hard to explain, well that about sums it up. If it is real (which I believe it is) then I can't wait to get out of here and see what the real world is like..
Pencil
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
But how do you hope to do it? :cool:
genecideshere
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
To believe in a single person without merit or justification is just plain gullability, and for someone to ask it of another in the way this guy has is either down to desperation or obsession!?!

I'm with SleepingAwake on this one, and for those that dont understand binary he said Why should I? Why should Anyone?
It would also be important to note that Oyugun, with all his "WISDOM" asked in his binary "BELIVE" in me NOT "BELIEVE"!! if he WAS the 1, you'd think he could @ least spell correctly, and furthermore WHY if he was pressed for time, would he take the time to write in binary??

Personally I don't care what anyone believes in as long as they DO believe, Im an Aetheist with an open mind and I LOVE poking holes in the theories of meager con artists! hehehehehe
Crash
Report 15 years ago
The Matrix is real... For those who do not believe this you must think about every thing that is happening around you...There dosent have to be proof that it is or isnt real, but you believe what you want...You stay in this deep and darkened place and live your program (life) day by day...I sit at my computer night after night searching...but I dont know what im searching for...I know there is something out there I have to find it or the person im looking for..If your looking for the same thing im looking for keep in touch with me please...but never tell what you have found for that is for you and only you! And as far as the movie goes I agree with some of you on here...Its just a cover up...
Feel free to add me on your Yahoo! Friends list if you want to talk..or search...
Remember if you dont believe in this.....You must be one of them.....
Email- [email protected]
Amb1
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
The Matrix isn't real. Matrix Reloaded and Matrix Reveolutions are a real load of crap though!
Amb1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by piginapoke)
Matrix Reloaded has one of the best car chase scenes ever!
I agree, it is a good scene but the film is a big pile of ****e
Amb1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by piginapoke)
Actually, as any film is an artistic work, you can't really declare that its 'good' or 'bad', you either like it or you don't.
Ok. I didn't like it as a film. In matrix 2 and 3 I thought the script was absolutely dreadful. I also thought it was quite tactless that they were trying to make out that Neo was Jesus or something. Un-necessary in a film like that.
Ruenna
Report 15 years ago
:confused: GET A LIFE PEOPLE!!!!!!!!! THE....MATRIX....IS.....A.....MO VIE. DO I NEED TO SAY IT ANY SLOWER, OR ARE YOU ALL TOO SPACED OUT IN YOUR OWN LITTLE WORDL'S TO UNDERSTAND ME????? All you people who think it's real need phycological help. And supposing it were real, WHO GIVES A DAMN?!?!?!?!

Whew! OK, I'm back to the Harry Potter Forums. (CRACK!)

He. He. I just apparated.
Crash
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Ruenna)
:confused: GET A LIFE PEOPLE!!!!!!!!! THE....MATRIX....IS.....A.....MO VIE. DO I NEED TO SAY IT ANY SLOWER, OR ARE YOU ALL TOO SPACED OUT IN YOUR OWN LITTLE WORDL'S TO UNDERSTAND ME????? All you people who think it's real need phycological help. And supposing it were real, WHO GIVES A DAMN?!?!?!?!

I have had phycological help and they found nothing wrong with me...Learn to spell...and I hope they slowly un-plug you and watch you slowly die...Good Luck
material breach
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago

please explain how you know the matrix isnt real? ah see you can't. like god its a belief so stop dismissing things and learn how to turn the caps lock off
Ruenna
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Speciez99)
please explain how you know the matrix isnt real? ah see you can't. like god its a belief so stop dismissing things and learn how to turn the caps lock off
I know just fine how to turn the caps lock off thank you, and I may not have any proof that it's not real, but you don't have any that it is.
r316
Report 15 years ago
you don't have any that it is [real].
Have you not read this entire thread properly?
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (87)
27.44%
No (230)
72.56%

Watched Threads