Is The Matrix Real?

Watch
This discussion is closed.
whiterabbit
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Just as a side note, Dave Soome's friend was NOT killed by an agent,
But I am suprised that his name has spread this far..

Kudos to you dave
I guess thats what you get for posting on every matrix related forum.
pantryboy
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Couldn't care less if this was real or not; it's real enough for me.
Falguni
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by CR3)
oh thats quite interesting...my name would be Sirhc...yes my name is Chris..

CR
backwards my name would be inuglaf - sounds like someone from lotr!
Dave Soome
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Hey guys- it's Dave Soome, I just dropped in when I heard mention of my name. As whiterabbit said, I'm amazed that my name has spread this far but I am also a little concerned about that rumor concerning a friend and an agent- does anyone have any info on that? And does anyone know anything about that Chris character who originally mentioned it? I'll check back to see what's going on here.
Later,
Soome
"Doubt everything"
linuxfan_india
Badges: 0
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Unregistered)
look unregistered whoever u are u are right the matrix is real they made the movie so we can think its sci fi don't you get it its real but they don't want u to believe its real so they made the movie which is true so everyone can think its fake and just a movie when its not i have had dreams that felt realer then the real world i've seen real things which is a glitch in the system we live in the movie tells the truth but they use it so we cannot believe it i see through there lies u should too i do not kno if i will make it out of the system but i kno someone will when we get tired thats us being used as energy from a robot we think its becuz we didn't eat well guess wat u never ate or opened ur eyes people who disappear have unplugged theresleves from the matrix and are free i swear to u im tellin the thruth i agree with unregistered mi name is Ray
your living in a fantasy world, the matrix is only a movie -- we havn't got no where near making something like the matrix yet.
PHIL
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by linuxfan_india)
your living in a fantasy world, the matrix is only a movie -- we havn't got no where near making something like the matrix yet.
But how would you know if we had.

Phil
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Do you guys believe the the Bible is true? Matrix is mentioned there. I believe in Job. I'll have to look it up and get back to you as to where.

Have any of you ever looked up the word in the dictionary?
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
first and formust for those of u who see this post, yes the matrix is real ,more real then what u think, its not like some super VR game that just controles digital information flow and uses ppl to power the future machines that have inslaved the mind and bodys of the masses. it i in fact yes cntroled by machines agents sentanal programs that can sprout out of no where yes there all real , the fact of deja vu being a type of glicth or system error, real ,also being used to change something to help the "matrix" stop what it wonts. yes all the facts are real.
unfortinitly non of my points can be proven but for thoese who seek the truth. for those who feel this world is a lie, DO NOT SHARE YOUR IDEAS SO FREELY, like useing digital information flow such as aim, email, telephone or tv etc.... they r all to dangerous for those who r still "pluged" into the "matrix". but this is all the info i can share i feel my time has expired here.
Max Plank
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Saying the Matrix is real is equivalent to saying "All money is fake". This is known as an "unreachable falsehood".
If you use your consciousness and the world around you to try to prove that the matrix exists (and thus rendering the world a "fake") then your proof becomes invalid because you have just "proved" that the system you use to prove the statmement is itself false.

For more info: http://www.miskatonic.org/godel.html

John
Anna
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
hmmmmmm 'the matrix' is just a movie i think. The producer obviously is very imaginative. The whole point of him making a movie like that is probably to get you all thinking,like you all are doing,thats why the movie is most probably made. It could be real,but then you need evidence to back that statement up. Its daft saying things without facts.
Rahul
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Anna)
hmmmmmm 'the matrix' is just a movie i think. The producer obviously is very imaginative. The whole point of him making a movie like that is probably to get you all thinking,like you all are doing,thats why the movie is most probably made. It could be real,but then you need evidence to back that statement up. Its daft saying things without facts.
but u cant really deny that the matrix is real without having facts to back that up. The fact of the matter is that we dont have the facts to factually back nething up, so without ne facts we are lost!!

What was i saying again?
Anna
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Rahul)
but u cant really deny that the matrix is real without having facts to back that up. The fact of the matter is that we dont have the facts to factually back nething up, so without ne facts we are lost!!

What was i saying again?
we are lost without facts arent we........oh well! the matrix..pstshhhhh
Rahul
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Anna)
we are lost without facts arent we........oh well! the matrix..pstshhhhh
i guess so!
Kornbograt
Report 16 years ago
That Guest does have a point. Its quite comical are we real or an image the question thats been asked for many years

more

why are we here?
why do we suffer pain?
is god real?
what if god is an alien species watching us?

theres millions of questions that want to be answered and it all leads the making of the matrix

is the matrix real?

yes in hollywood. apart from that no. the questions of life were about before the matrix and that was one of the factors to make the film. it was in inspiration for it.
SasunD
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
the matrix kant be real becasue of many reasons.
firstly, if you look at tiny details that exist in the world, i think that it would be impossible for a computer to actually render ripples on a lake, tiny dust particles to make the wolrd seem real. IT would use too much of computer resources to display all this.

second point.
All of our brains are different, whihc means we understand things differently, that means in a sense one brain is not compatible with another's. For example if i say "Stereo System" we would not all think of the same model. we would picture a stereo system that would be different from someone else. This proves the pount that the matirx kant be real, becasue the matirx is not sending images to our brain, but would be sending other info and since we al understand things differently how in the hell would the matirx be able to tell ur brain something wen someone else wouldnt understanfd that infor...
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
me + ketamine

Then the Matrix is definately real!
Thinker
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Sean2004)
iam confused. is the matrix real? some ppl say yes some say no which is very confusing do you think the matrix is real?
I belive the matrix is NOT real
but others may think it is.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
no your wrong i know the matrix is real. look around you
CR3
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Unregistered)
no your wrong i know the matrix is real. look around you
i'm looking around i see a book case..my bed...my tv...my matrix plug in center..what!! how'd that get in here!!

CR
Ollie
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
hey if neo is so vital to the future of the matrix, therefore the machines - why do the agents at the start try to kill him?!?!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (312)
34.36%
No (596)
65.64%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed