Is The Matrix Real?

Watch
This discussion is closed.
Neo
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
from what i have read it has not said much, i am not a member of this page but i have been looking for one of this sort the question is are we liveing in a dream world and if we are or are not how do we know?
i am only 16 but think and know beyond my age i am a "person" who thinks beyond what the mind can handle and what my mind can see...............who ever reads this and laughts or actully takes this seriously has to think, havent you ever felt like there wasnt something quite right in this world something missing or even something not there, it makes sence for ppl like me and others to think there is realy more out there, in a way i hope there is and in a way i hope there isnt either way this is a subject that will never end i hope i get some good responses and some opinions because i would like to read them.
As for the Matrix story line in the movie haveing to relate to the bible is true in the bible Neo is a person that brings salvation and Zion is a place of refuge for all, if you have the time in your *laught out loud* "busy lifes" go take a read at it, anyways if you want to ask any question email me @ [email protected]
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
There's definitely something missing, but it's only punctuation.

Ben
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Adhsur)
LOL Adhsur is the backward spelling of my REAL name...ie. Rushda

I thot i was the only rushda on this planet!!!
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Unregistered)
was bored..so just typed rushda in a search engine..n this page showed up
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
YOU ARE.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Hey, i think its great that other people think like me, we are in a dream world, everyone out for themselves, grab everything you can. It amazes me walking past people sat chatting about their hair, how much money they earn these things are so trivial if they thought about it. Why doesn't everyone think deeper.I supose its because they are all "in the fur" according to Sophies World. Can anyone else relate to "the celestine prophecy" ? Its the most influencial book i've ever read, i found it by mistake and it compleatly changed my out look on life, then The Matrix came along and confirmed everything i've belived. I'd love to hear from anyone who thinks the same as me.
Mr White
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I'd love to hear from anyone who thinks the same as me.
Cultists, maybe.
zan14 matty
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
i belive it what you said
Gina17
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
why don't you just let people believe what they want to believe maybe some people are just feel insecure with the idea of the matrix being real!
RILEY
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Now Listen Everybody, I Understand And Agree With A Few Things What You Lot Have Said But There Is Something That You Need To Know? When I Watched The Matrix I Knew That It Was A Film Made In Usa Like Everyother Film. But It Made Me Think About Things And Esspecially Gave Me Ansers To My Thoughts What Had Being On My Mind For A Long While... First Of All, I Dont Know If This Happens To You Lot Outthere But Whenever I Am Going To Do Something Or Go Somewhere, Moreless When I Am Going To Do It Something Always Goes Wrong Or Something Happens Its Like As If Everybody Is Watching Me,,, For Example Awhile Ago I Was In The Class Room And Through The Whole Lesson Everybody Sat Down All The Time And As Soon As I Moreless Decided I Was Going To Go And Get A Pair Of Scissers Without Me Saying Anything To Anybody, Majority Of The People Decided To Get Up And Start Doing Something.. Now Dontttt Start Thinking To Your Self That It Is Just A Normal Everyday Thing Cause It Isnttttt
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
All the people in support of the thread in saying that the matrix is real can't spell properly or punctuate properly and worst of all can't back up what they're saying with anything constructive at all.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
This thread is really tiresome. For months and months, some weirdo has been creating these dribble, bullsugar threads, and as soon as they drop to page 2 - a new one is created.
evilnova
Report 16 years ago
The origins of this post have a good theory behind them, what with government officials putting out an unbelievable truth to turn it into a lie, but whoever this other unregistered guy is, he's insane.
If he is such a clever f**ker, then why can't he spell?
If he has hacked into the matrix, why does he need to post his message up on a free posting board, open to the public, instead of talking to seperate people and spreading the word that way?
Why doesn't he appear in my house RIGHT NOW and pull me out of the matrix?
If it exists, why isn't there news of people escaping?

But, anyone who holds all the cards, keeps all the keys or opens all the windows, etc... if you're reading this, you know who i am, and where i am. come get me out.
hildabeast
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Why oh why is the world so completely obsessed with popular culture and nothing much else????
Anyone would think the Wachowski brothers invented this whole idea!!! If you are interested in this debate, as I am (which is why I have sadistically decided to devote three more years of my life to the study of philosophy) try reading Descartes' First Meditiation. It's short, relatively readable, and basically outlines the philosophical context of the 'Matrix debate', otherwise known as epistemology (well one aspect of epistemology anyway). The Matrix is considered by some to be one 20th century interpretation of Descartes' Evil Demon.

x-x-x-x-x
mrpunk576
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
the matrix must be real how to "get out" im not quite sure. just think abut it for a min. the "computers" would be so advanced that they would be updateing themselves round the clock. and there would have to be a seperate cpu for each body, that would then be networked to the central computer. think about it like the net every bodys connected to it not every body knows the exact path this reponse came from my computer to yours through wich wire through wich router now do they there are still somethings on earth that cant be explained. like if you know you through some thing out then find it a week later back where it came from.

any thoughts?

email me at [email protected]
Conrad
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Is this life that we are living out day after day just another part of a program that we cannot manipulate to our own personal setting?

Why must we be forced to live out life if we are not really living life at all?

Who is in control of our lives if we are not?

Does anyone know how to manipulate the program to fit our needs?
Conrad
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
The Matrix concepts by the Wachowski brothers are very similar to many great Philosophers of our history. It only seems fitting that the great philosophical teachings of the past are re-introduced into the current society by means of mass media and societal linkings. People over the entire existence of the world have felt that we are not in control of our own lives, it is just sad to know that only now people are beginning to believe the voices of the past. The only way mankind can learn from the mistakes made in the past, is to become free and no longer enslaved to things of higher intelligence - if that is the case. I just want to have control over my own life and my own decisions.
Anonymous
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Im sure if the matrix is real, which Im not ruling out anything... But Im sure it wouldnt be called the matrix... there would probably not even be a word to explain it... but anyway to the point... If anything like this was real... or if anyone reading this was "outside" of this "matrix" then proove it... It wouldnt be hard seeing as you would have all the technology and advancements that surpass our primitive little minds, release us. Thats exactly what I thought.

Wake up, there is no god, there is no heaven, there is no hell.... there is most deff. not a matrix... Only you... And your mind... without your mind where would you be ? No brain? you wouldnt exist thats right... So how do we know we do exist? All of these questions are coming somewhere deep within my brain correct, how do you know someone isn't feeding me all of this to say ? How do you know you exist? Because you see your friends and family every day? Because you can "taste" food, smell things in the air, hear a bird singing or a dog barking? What if someone or something is actually controlling how you think? What truely makes anyone different? Its not the way we look, our religious beliefs, our concepts of life... It's our minds.

I know I wrote a lot, But think about all that was said. Think really hard... And then make up your own mind.
Anonymous
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by SasunD)
the matrix kant be real becasue of many reasons.
firstly, if you look at tiny details that exist in the world, i think that it would be impossible for a computer to actually render ripples on a lake, tiny dust particles to make the wolrd seem real. IT would use too much of computer resources to display all this.

second point.
All of our brains are different, whihc means we understand things differently, that means in a sense one brain is not compatible with another's. For example if i say "Stereo System" we would not all think of the same model. we would picture a stereo system that would be different from someone else. This proves the pount that the matirx kant be real, becasue the matirx is not sending images to our brain, but would be sending other info and since we al understand things differently how in the hell would the matirx be able to tell ur brain something wen someone else wouldnt understanfd that infor...

SusanD, I don't believe you fully grasp the concept of the matrix, It is a place where everyone is connected... Much like the internet... Only using some sort of nano technology... We still think accordingly to how we want to think, we are infact all differnt... but plugged into the same "network" if you will. And another thing... If some sort of matrix existed... You wouldn't be able to grasp the concept of what the "computer" could do... It would be much to far advanced for anyone living on this earth to understand.

Leaving you with that.
hamidreza
Report 16 years ago
hi every body
i realy intrest about this subject
i think just GOD knows the truth and there is a real world after death.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (345)
34.6%
No (652)
65.4%

Watched Threads