Is The Matrix Real?

Watch
This discussion is closed.
hamidreza
Badges: 0
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by vienna95)
no, it was lucifer that created the world in his little workshop in the City of Dis, one day an unshaven tramp known to the friendly boatman Charon, crossed the river, raped the villagers and stole the world....
are u joking or ..............
:confused: :confused: i am realy confused
mrpunk576
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
the reason chicken is that from what i hear is that snake croc. and many other creatures taste like chicken. tell me can you taste the difference in the different fish? i cant. like i said before like if you know you through some thing out then find it a week later back where it came from. or if you lose something cant find it then you do when you give up i belive the copmputers are toying with us if you will
mrpunk576
Report 16 years ago
the matrix must be real and i will find a way to get out
curryADD
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by mrpunk576)
the matrix must be real and i will find a way to get out
Sniff tha glue
hamidreza
Report 16 years ago
the reason chicken is that from what i hear is that snake croc. and many other creatures taste like chicken. tell me can you taste the difference in the different fish? i cant. like i said before like if you know you through some thing out then find it a week later back where it came from. or if you lose something cant find it then you do when you give up i belive the copmputers are toying with us if you will
what do u exactly mean?
:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:
Unregystered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
tell me can you taste the difference in the different fish? i cant.
Yes I can. Easily.
Eru Iluvatar
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
tell me can you taste the difference in the different fish?
I can. I've got a good sense of taste. I can even tell between Coca Cola from different countries.
Gina17
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I can even tell between Coca Cola from different countries.[/QUOTE]

i can tel the differencew between diet and normal but not from different contries! you must have could taste buds!
Eru Iluvatar
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Gina17)
I can even tell between Coca Cola from different countries.
i can tel the differencew between diet and normal but not from different contries! you must have could taste buds![/QUOTE]

Well yeah, but i drink alot of different coke from different countries so i've come to be able to distinguish it.
Conrad
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I think that if there was a way to escape this Matrix, then the higher beings, whether they are human or machine is irrelevant, would create a backup Matrix, just for the instances where small portions of the human population actually become aware of the original Matrix. That way, they would think they have escaped, whereas in reality, they have just woken up from one Matix and entered another. I think of it kind of like in a video game, for those of you who play. Once you finally become aware of the proper strategy to complete one level of the game, you advance to a next and much harder level, usually. The fact of whether or not I believe there is a Matrix is irrelevant itself. If there is in fact a Matrix, and there is in fact a back-up Matrix, and perphaps more back-ups to that one, then thinking of how much worse it would be in the higher, much harder levels of the Matrix, most would opt to stay in level one and just play around. Kind of like in Grand Theft Auto, where you don't have to actually play straight through. You can just drive around and kill people or whatever for the rest of you existence in the game and never actually finish the game. I would like to wake up/advance to the next level, if it is possible, if there is a Matrix, because the idea of someone else controlling me while I just lay there, plugged into a system where only my mind is functional, where I am just a character in a sick, exaggerated game is too much to bare. I believe in GOD, but sometimes I wonder if GOD is good or not. However, I wish to remain stuck on the idea that GOD is good, for the simple reason that if HE isn't, then I am not sure how I would ever handle that concept. I'm not trashing anyone else's ideals of religion or whatever, I just am not sure of things here in these past few years. I'm not sure how to describe it except for this: sometimes I walk around in public and can just stop for a second and swear that I feel everything around me, not saying that I am "the one", but it feels like things are in unison. Like they are all one the same level. Sort of like I am at peace with things, but there is always this uncertain feeling that accompanies this feeling. Not sure what to make of it.
Mr White
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Conrad, I think it would be best if you spent less time on your Playstation - it's warping your mind.
Romiya
Report 16 years ago
Sean-U gotta get a life!!! Who the hell ponders on whether the matrix is real or not, So u r basically considering that we are all Hooked onto some giant super computer computer, simulating life as we know it and....... OH Come on!!!!
Romiya
Report 16 years ago
Conrad-HAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!! Lets talk about something interesting guys, b4 I get outta hia!!!!
Conrad
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Not sure if you noticed, but I said everything was an opinion and plus I was responding to previous comments, had you actually read the whole thread instead of just entering a random threat that comes up under the search for a key of Matrix. And did I ever mention I play playstation. I don't even own one. I just know a lot about a lot of things (don't try testing my knowledge cause its pointless - I'm no genious, just very open minded). Thanks for the two cents.
Unregistered1
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
First allow me to apologize, I found this sight in a search that went off track. I am not here to debate either for or against. In this regards it is my hope that some of what I have to say will be considered, opposed to thrown out.
When the first Matrix movie came out my wife and I where very moved. The what if aspect was much more difficult to answer than face value would lead you to believe. Only after considerable discussion did we come to the conclusion that, for us, it would not be an option to voluntarily leave any artificial system, if indeed we are in an artificial system. We love each other and who we are; our children could not survive without proper care, and, what if we awaken spread across different continents? The resources to sustain ourselves and our children (the entire human race) would most likely not exist. Assuming this is real life and it is the year 2003 than it took civilization 7,000 plus years to sustain the earth’s current population. Unplugging en mass would be the same as signing a warrant for our extinction. Why then would any machine overlord seek to oppress us? Instinct pushes us to survive and if it was announced tomorrow I assure you that most people who are reading this right now would join my family in telling any kind of an overlord “No thanks, we choose to stay here.”
Finally I would like to close by saying that I have written more than one short paper and two separate essays on the Matrix. The Wachowski Brothers have not truly created a new concept here. Philosophers of many ages and cultures have tackled this and many other questions. Have even one of you here read “The Allegory of the Cave” taken from Plato’s book “The Republic” written circa 328 BCE? The parallels between the movie and this story are actually the thesis for one of my essays. Thank you for your time, I realize I have been very lengthy here, I hope I have shed some new light if not food for thought on this thread.

Thank you.
Jimothy
Report 16 years ago
Thats wat they want u to think. LOL
not1
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Unregistered1)
Philosophers of many ages and cultures have tackled this and many other questions. Have even one of you here read “The Allegory of the Cave” taken from Plato’s book “The Republic”
yeah ive read the whole book. matrix is a hollywood ripoff of loads of philosophical concepts, and it tries to pass it off as some kind of profound new idea, which pisses me off. teenagers think theyve stumbled across a really profound revelation in their lives when actually its just a movie with a dodgey script and very impressive special fx. in that way i think its a bit of a con and people should go back to the 'real' world philosophy of the ancient greeks, descartes etc.
Unregistered1
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by edders)
yeah ive read the whole book. matrix is a hollywood ripoff of loads of philosophical concepts, and it tries to pass it off as some kind of profound new idea, which pisses me off. teenagers think theyve stumbled across a really profound revelation in their lives when actually its just a movie with a dodgey script and very impressive special fx. in that way i think its a bit of a con and people should go back to the 'real' world philosophy of the ancient greeks, descartes etc.
Right, however, I think when you quoted me you should have also (out of respect) included the prior line in which I state: "The Wachowski Brothers have not truly created a new concept here." Otherwise you would just be passing off my [formentioned] point as your "profound new idea." Also allow me say that I do not intend to be insulting to you good Sir, please do not take my comment in such a manner.

Thank you,
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
The Matrix = a film.

I highly doubt the future of the human species is in the hands of Keanu Reeves.

The old philosophical debate is interesting and thought provoking...the Mtrix is just making a couple of brothers very rich men.
MattG
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by edders)
i would rather see young people be introduced to philosophy in an exciting and dynamic way, when many would never consider touching a book of these philosophers in which the matrix is based on. therefore the matrix are useful films, if the viewers are able to grasp the ideas held within the films and grab the sense of the analogy.

film is a powerful medium for getting ideas across. granted reloaded has a crap script but behind are some interesting questions.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (312)
34.25%
No (599)
65.75%

Watched Threads