The Student Room Group

Left after 2 years but i dont know why...please help

So ive been with my boyfriend well i suppose my ex now for 2 years. we have just come back from the most amazing holiday where we both loved every minute of it. This morning he has just decided that he no longer sees a future with me and doesnt know if he loves me anymore and wants to go travelling.
I dont know how he can do all this. He has treated me like a princess these past 2 years and I didnt have a clue that he was thinking these thoughts. He said he had been thinking these thoughts for a few months and said he tried everything to feel the way he used to but only could see a lifetime future with me on holiday.
He still loves me and cares about me and I know he would still do anything for me but I dont know how he could just stop wanting to be with me. I was his first gf and he was nervous to be with me and a part of me thinks that he is still just scared of being with me for so long.

If anyone has been through the same thing then please help me out. He is my soul mate xxx
it sounds as if you may both be quite young. It's not unusual for people of any age to develop in a different way to their partner - but it's a lot more common when people are young and develop faster. Staying with one person for life is a major decision, better to find out now than after a longer period.
Reply 2
Original post by parentlurker
it sounds as if you may both be quite young.

were 22 and 23 so I wouldn't call us young. I saw a future with him and so did he until recently but he can't explain why. I wanted to find out if anyone else has felt the same or been through this
Original post by Anonymous
were 22 and 23 so I wouldn't call us young. I saw a future with him and so did he until recently but he can't explain why. I wanted to find out if anyone else has felt the same or been through this

He doesn't want to settle down yet. Lots of people go through something similar. The average age at marriage in the uk is 31 for men, 28.5 for women. 42% of marriages end in divorce and commonly within the first 10 years. The breakdown rate for relationships other than marriage is likely to be even higher.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending