Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi
    Im just wondering if anyone here is going to GCU for mental health nursing this year?

Iona

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IonaTh)
    Hi
    Im just wondering if anyone here is going to GCU for mental health nursing this year?

Iona
    Hiya!

Yeah I'm starting mental health nursing in Sept! Really nervous/excited.

Carrie

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by caz1ann)
    Hiya!

Yeah I'm starting mental health nursing in Sept! Really nervous/excited.

Carrie

Oh good! Yeah I'm looking forward to it but just a bit nervous since none of my friends are going to GCU, trying to get to know some people before I go.

Iona

ReputationRep:
    I'm hoping to get into GCU next year for mental health nursing, wish it was this year though but waiting till my wee boy is a bit older.
    Is it true that they don't do interviews anymore?

ReputationRep:
    I just accepted an unconditional offer for mh nursing in sept. hello. Now to work out the accommodation stuff lol .

ReputationRep:
    Guys what work experience did you have? And for how long did you do it?

ReputationRep:
    i have no work experience in care sector but i do have a mental health and counselling degree.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Troytheboy)
    Guys what work experience did you have? And for how long did you do it?

I volunteered at after schools clubs and in care homes over about a year and then got a job as a carer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lou_lou22)
    I'm hoping to get into GCU next year for mental health nursing, wish it was this year though but waiting till my wee boy is a bit older.
    Is it true that they don't do interviews anymore?

GCU didn't have an interview but after receiving an offer they invite you to an information day (I think that's what it's called) to fill out a PVG and find out more about the course

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by deviousdragon)
    I just accepted an unconditional offer for mh nursing in sept. hello. Now to work out the accommodation stuff lol .
    hey that's great! Mines is a conditional but hopefully I will get my conditions and get it!

ReputationRep:
    I volunteered at after schools clubs and in care homes over about a year and then got a job as a carer
    Okay thank you. One last question why did you want to become a mental health nurse? (I am interested, if you don't mind answering )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Troytheboy)
    Okay thank you. One last question why did you want to become a mental health nurse? (I am interested, if you don't mind answering )
    There is so many opportunities within the field, you can work with every age range and people from different walks of life. I really like caring for people… there is a few other reasons but they are too long to post on here!

ReputationRep:
    Is that true that they've stopped interviewing?? Why has that happened?

ReputationRep:
    Hi

Iona
    Hello!

I just accepted an unconditional offer yesterday, so excited!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.