The Student Room Group
City campus, Glasgow Caledonian University
Glasgow Caledonian University

Mental Health Nursing 2014 GCU

Hi
Im just wondering if anyone here is going to GCU for mental health nursing this year?

Iona
Reply 1
Original post by IonaTh
Hi
Im just wondering if anyone here is going to GCU for mental health nursing this year?

Iona

Hiya!

Yeah I'm starting mental health nursing in Sept! Really nervous/excited.

Carrie
City campus, Glasgow Caledonian University
Glasgow Caledonian University
Reply 2
Original post by caz1ann
Hiya!

Yeah I'm starting mental health nursing in Sept! Really nervous/excited.

Carrie

Oh good! Yeah I'm looking forward to it but just a bit nervous since none of my friends are going to GCU, trying to get to know some people before I go.

Iona :smile:
Reply 3
I'm hoping to get into GCU next year for mental health nursing, wish it was this year though but waiting till my wee boy is a bit older.
Is it true that they don't do interviews anymore?
I just accepted an unconditional offer :biggrin: for mh nursing in sept. hello. Now to work out the accommodation stuff lol .
Guys what work experience did you have? And for how long did you do it?
i have no work experience in care sector but i do have a mental health and counselling degree.
Reply 7
Original post by Troytheboy
Guys what work experience did you have? And for how long did you do it?

I volunteered at after schools clubs and in care homes over about a year and then got a job as a carer
Reply 8
Original post by Lou_lou22
I'm hoping to get into GCU next year for mental health nursing, wish it was this year though but waiting till my wee boy is a bit older.
Is it true that they don't do interviews anymore?

GCU didn't have an interview but after receiving an offer they invite you to an information day (I think that's what it's called) to fill out a PVG and find out more about the course
Reply 9
Original post by deviousdragon
I just accepted an unconditional offer :biggrin: for mh nursing in sept. hello. Now to work out the accommodation stuff lol .

hey that's great! Mines is a conditional but hopefully I will get my conditions and get it!
Original post by IonaTh
I volunteered at after schools clubs and in care homes over about a year and then got a job as a carer

Okay thank you. One last question why did you want to become a mental health nurse? (I am interested, if you don't mind answering :colondollar:)
Reply 11
Original post by Troytheboy
Okay thank you. One last question why did you want to become a mental health nurse? (I am interested, if you don't mind answering :colondollar:)

There is so many opportunities within the field, you can work with every age range and people from different walks of life. I really like caring for people… there is a few other reasons but they are too long to post on here! :smile:
Is that true that they've stopped interviewing?? Why has that happened?
Original post by IonaTh
Hi

Iona

Hello!

I just accepted an unconditional offer yesterday, so excited! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending