Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    For the past few days I just haven't been feeling hungry... I can wake up and not be hungry for hours and then will have a bowl of cereal that will work as my breakfast and lunch. Then I have just been having something small for tea/dinner as I know I have to eat but I just don't feel hungry and don't seem to be able to eat much of the food either... Is something wrong?

ReputationRep:
    I have had the exact same thing for the past few months and it has really made my family worry, so they took me to a doctor who said that I just need to make myself eat 3 meals a day or 6 small meals throughout the day which will get my body back into a routine of feeling hungry. It is hard because i am not hungry and i constantly feel full but I have started to wake up in the morning needing food. Another suggestion that the docs gave me id that perhaps I'm not hungry because when i do eat im eating a food which my body doesnt like, e.g Gluten .

Hope this helps!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helpmepass1)
    I have had the exact same thing for the past few months and it has really made my family worry, so they took me to a doctor who said that I just need to make myself eat 3 meals a day or 6 small meals throughout the day which will get my body back into a routine of feeling hungry. It is hard because i am not hungry and i constantly feel full but I have started to wake up in the morning needing food. Another suggestion that the docs gave me id that perhaps I'm not hungry because when i do eat im eating a food which my body doesnt like, e.g Gluten .

Hope this helps!
    Do you think I should go to the doctors then? I've tried making myself eat but I'm finding it hard to eat more than a bowl of cereal and a child's sized portion of for for dinner/tea. I'll just feel sick/have belly ache if I force myself..

ReputationRep:
    Why are not you hungry?

Honestly don't know.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe you are stressed over something. That's what happens to me when I get stressed...

ReputationRep:
    Perhaps you are stressed or preoccupied

Nightworld1066

ReputationRep:
    What's your BMI (weight and height) like?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I go through similar periods, then other periods I eat like a pig. I wouldn't be worried... but if you seriously are concerned go to the GP. It's good that you're making yourself eat something, even if it is small. Try and focus on eating even if you're not hungry.

ReputationRep:
    Is this just a recent thing, have you been sick or stressed? Are you getting any exercise? I get hungry after exercising. Try eating a small meal, or even a little something every 2 hours.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by LillyLisaa)
    For the past few days I just haven't been feeling hungry... I can wake up and not be hungry for hours and then will have a bowl of cereal that will work as my breakfast and lunch. Then I have just been having something small for tea/dinner as I know I have to eat but I just don't feel hungry and don't seem to be able to eat much of the food either... Is something wrong?
    This sometimes happens to me, especially when I'm ill. I don't think it's too bad but if it's too often (everyday or something like that) you might want to ask your doctor.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    At the risk of sounding stupid, maybe it's the weather. When it's really warm, typically my appetite plummets and I don't eat very much at all. Even when I'm out and about, needing to drink water, it fills my stomach up really quickly and it can end up giving me stomach cramps.

ReputationRep:
    Monitor it for a few weeks, keep a note of it, dates and how Lin it lasted and then speak to gp

Nightworld1066

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 15, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.