Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Help, ASOS have robbed me. Watch

ReputationRep:
    Alright ill make it short,

- I ordered about £1000 worth of clothes before my holiday
    - Try on everything, return about 70%
    - Sent back everything week before holiday
    - No refund received, contact ASOS, spend 2-3 weeks waiting for a response
    - Come back from holiday, receive email that my query is being dealt by another department
    - Login into asos account, account has been deactivated
    - Contact asos and receive an email reading this:

http://gyazo.com/9c486f12c841445b1ac3c5c9e7e67d47

Now I don't really give a toss that my account has been closed but the fact that they have well over £700 of my clothes which I have returned to him, and have been paid for, for which they will not provide me a refund with but instead tell me to contact my card issuer for dispute of funds.

Am I in the wrong here? what can I do? can someone point me to some advice? im extremely pissed off at the moment, this is almost 2 months wages gone (yes im working in min wage atm )

ReputationRep:
    Why did you feel the need to spend £1000 on clothes?

ReputationRep:
    not surprised they closed it once you returned 70% of £1000

ReputationRep:
    what if everyone did that and asos had to refund large amounts of money?

ReputationRep:
    I was not going to keep all of them, I basically bought each item I liked in LARGE and MEDIUM as I was unsurea bout my size

ReputationRep:
    You aren't in the wrong, they owe you that money. Do they have a support line where you can talk to someone? I'm guessing not if you had to wait 3 weeks for a response. It certainly wouldn't hurt to get in touch with Visa, at the very least they'll be able to give you advice on how to get your money.

ReputationRep:
    You're entitled to a refund because you didn't see the goods until you got them, whereas if you had bought this in a store, you are not entitled to one unless the item is faulty. That's the law. As above, try to speak directly to someone over the phone, and contact your bank.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pappu)
    Alright ill make it short,

- I ordered about £1000 worth of clothes before my holiday
    - Try on everything, return about 70%
    - Sent back everything week before holiday
    - No refund received, contact ASOS, spend 2-3 weeks waiting for a response
    - Come back from holiday, receive email that my query is being dealt by another department
    - Login into asos account, account has been deactivated
    - Contact asos and receive an email reading this:

http://gyazo.com/9c486f12c841445b1ac3c5c9e7e67d47

Now I don't really give a toss that my account has been closed but the fact that they have well over £700 of my clothes which I have returned to him, and have been paid for, for which they will not provide me a refund with but instead tell me to contact my card issuer for dispute of funds.

Am I in the wrong here? what can I do? can someone point me to some advice? im extremely pissed off at the moment, this is almost 2 months wages gone (yes im working in min wage atm )
    I feel sorry for you.

Check their terms and conditions. There must be something that relates to the 'abuse' of the returns policy

Sort things out with your card company

CALL ASOS

ReputationRep:
    Did you return the clothes within the refund period?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    three items were not within the refund period, this is as their courier service which comes to pick up the returns did not show up and they were sorry for this as it meant I missed the refund period, they said it was ok for me to return the items anyhow, I still have the emails as proof.

I am sick of conversing with ASOS, in these 3 weeks that I have been chasing my return I have spoken to them via live chat over 7 times

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pappu)
    three items were not within the refund period, this is as their courier service which comes to pick up the returns did not show up and they were sorry for this as it meant I missed the refund period, they said it was ok for me to return the items anyhow, I still have the emails as proof.

I am sick of conversing with ASOS, in these 3 weeks that I have been chasing my return I have spoken to them via live chat over 7 times
    7 times is not a lot

talk via phone instead

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like they are completely in the wrong to me
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Phone them up. Use stuff like.. i'll speak to my local MP about this when asking what the hell they are doing.

ReputationRep:
    Why on earth would you buy £1000 worth of clothes in one go?

Anyway, you have the right to get your money back. Just keep calling them!!

ReputationRep:
    Need to start banging straps fam'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 8472)
    Phone them up. Use stuff like.. i'll speak to my local MP about this when asking what the hell they are doing.
    That, and that you'll take them to small claims court.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 8472)
    Or not... unless you want to sound like an idiot.

(Original post by Paralove)
    You're entitled to a refund because you didn't see the goods until you got them, whereas if you had bought this in a store, you are not entitled to one unless the item is faulty. That's the law.
    This, it's the distance selling regulations.

(Original post by pappu)

£1,000 on clothes?! My car cost less than that :lol:

Have they confirmed that they have received the items? What have you asked them over live chat? What did they say?

I agree with everyone else about phoning them. You may not like phoning people but you can save so much time with a quick phone call.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.