Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    No matter how hard I try to make things work, it seems like there is always something that stresses me out.

I'm always anxious and have like horrible butterflies in my stomach

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like social anxiety to me :/

ReputationRep:
    Maybe talk to someone about it. Seems like you might have some problems (no offence)

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I agree with Strawberry x3. You might want to speak to a counsellor, or if it because too serious maybe speak to your doctor? Don't sit and suffer alone, get some help as soon as you can

ReputationRep:
    yeah speaking to a counsellor might help though it can be scary since it make the problems more real? Some people might find it hard to actually reach out but once you do it, you'll definitely feel the change

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Novascope)
    Yeah I agree with Strawberry x3. You might want to speak to a counsellor, or if it because too serious maybe speak to your doctor? Don't sit and suffer alone, get some help as soon as you can
    The problem is that I don't want to worry anyone. I don't often talk about my problems since I don't want people to think of me as an attention-seeker :/

It might sound stupid to some but I even feel guilty for telling a white lie or the smallest things

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Strawberry x3)
    Maybe talk to someone about it. Seems like you might have some problems (no offence)
    None taken
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    I agree with all the above comments - please do reach out for help and don't sit in silence! I realise that the first that when you may talk to someone whether it be a counselor or even your friend, it may be a bit nerve wracking but when you let you bottled up feelings out, you'll definitely feel a lot better! This is talking from experience too

Alternatively you can find a hobby that makes you de-stress - it could be writing a diary entry, creating a poem, drawing, even playing a musical instrument! Do something that helps you to become calm and relaxed, but I really do suggest getting some sort of help

Useful websites for help that have all helped me:

http://www.samaritans.org/
    http://www.childline.org.uk/Pages/Home.aspx
    https://www.turn2me.org/

Take care of yourself

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lovinlife2)
    I agree with all the above comments - please do reach out for help and don't sit in silence! I realise that the first that when you may talk to someone whether it be a counselor or even your friend, it may be a bit nerve wracking but when you let you bottled up feelings out, you'll definitely feel a lot better! This is talking from experience too

Alternatively you can find a hobby that makes you de-stress - it could be writing a diary entry, creating a poem, drawing, even playing a musical instrument! Do something that helps you to become calm and relaxed, but I really do suggest getting some sort of help

Useful websites for help that have all helped me:

http://www.samaritans.org/
    http://www.childline.org.uk/Pages/Home.aspx
    https://www.turn2me.org/

Take care of yourself
    Thank you so much From experience you say? And I will try your suggestions: writing a diary seems like an awesome idea though I am scared that someone might pick it up and read it... :P anyways, I will need to do something otherwise I might actually burst.

feels like I have a heavy weight on my chest but don't know why. :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mozzarella ♥)
    The problem is that I don't want to worry anyone. I don't often talk about my problems since I don't want people to think of me as an attention-seeker :/

It might sound stupid to some but I even feel guilty for telling a white lie or the smallest things
    Counsellors are used to dealing with this sort of thing, you can speak to one without worrying about the above.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Thank you so much From experience you say? And I will try your suggestions: writing a diary seems like an awesome idea though I am scared that someone might pick it up and read it... :P anyways, I will need to do something otherwise I might actually burst.

feels like I have a heavy weight on my chest but don't know why. :/
    You're very welcome Yes, I've suffered from a great deal of anxiety and depression myself and still do but I've tried various ways that have helped me improve my mood!
    Yeah! Start a diary and see how it goes - ooh as for hiding.. well, I have cupboard full of books and there is just enough space to fit a couple of books, so I pop mine there and nobody ever sees or checks there :P I don't suggest hiding it under your bed or something like that because say if someone vacuum cleans in your room, then they'll find out!

Awh no I know how you feel, don't worry, think happy thoughts or at least try! - are you good with literature or art? x

ReputationRep:
    Meditating for 3 hours everyday in the morning is the way to go young one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lovinlife2)
    You're very welcome Yes, I've suffered from a great deal of anxiety and depression myself and still do but I've tried various ways that have helped me improve my mood!
    Yeah! Start a diary and see how it goes - ooh as for hiding.. well, I have cupboard full of books and there is just enough space to fit a couple of books, so I pop mine there and nobody ever sees or checks there :P I don't suggest hiding it under your bed or something like that because say if someone vacuum cleans in your room, then they'll find out!

Awh no I know how you feel, don't worry, think happy thoughts or at least try! - are you good with literature or art? x
    That's a great idea Thank you so much, you're so nice haha! and I like to draw a lot, yes. Might use it as a distraction

Anyways I'm gonna go eat my dinner now.

Thanks again You were very helpful !
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    That's a great idea Thank you so much, you're so nice haha! and I like to draw a lot, yes. Might use it as a distraction

Anyways I'm gonna go eat my dinner now.

Thanks again You were very helpful !
    Ahaha not a problem! I'm glad that my advice was useful You're lovely too! Oh brilliant - then why not perhaps, when you feel grotty, simply draw out your emotions onto the page? You can make it as realistic or as fiction as you want, at least you'll feel good after :') Distractions really help!

Awh, hope dinner was good

You're welcome That's very heart warming to hear - keep strong because after suffering always comes happiness! :jive:

ReputationRep:
    In the short term: What I do is watch TV or read. Not something so rubbish you're not engaging because then your mind can wander. Not something so heavy that you're then worrying about that. Just enough to give your mind something else to think about.
    In the mid term: Like other people have said, keep a diary, paint or something. I write two different blogs.
    In the long term: If it won't go away, see your GP, if you're at uni see about the counselling service. I promise you that you are not wasting their time. I felt the same, but then my doctor and later my counselor asked me some questions about how much my negative thoughts were affecting my day-to-day life and I realised it was actually a big deal.

ReputationRep:

No no, never feel like an attention-seeker unless you deliberately are trying to be noticed. You have an issue that you need help dealing with, it's not attention seeking at all okay? Feeling guilty for telling white lies or small things shouldn't bother you much, loads of people feel that way. In fact, think of it as a positive thing instead of a negative. Nobody likes liars right? Haha

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.