Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    My dad has this reeeeeeally annoying thing where, if my brother's done something wrong, while he's telling him off he'll say something like "you're the same!" To me and start having a go at me, even though I've done nothing wrong. Before, my brother forgot to peg the washing out and I ended up getting a telling off too because it's "something I'd do" even though I haven't done anything wrong. I can't tell you how angry it makes me, why shout at me when I'm just minding my own business? Why drag me into it? :mad:

ReputationRep:
    Oh, they just do that. Can't take their anger out properly.

ReputationRep:
    Mine used to do that. I learned the 1 ear in 1 ear out technique

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RHyoudon'kno)
    Oh, they just do that. Can't take their anger out properly.
    But still, why make me feel **** about something I haven't done?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lucybuckleyy)
    I don't know. They just do that. :confused:

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Just reply, rich coming from you

ReputationRep:
    My parents do that too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jaang)
    Just reply, rich coming from you
    Nah, coz then they'd screw on about it more.

ReputationRep:
    My dad has this reeeeeeally annoying thing where, if my brother's done something wrong, while he's telling him off he'll say something like "you're the same!" To me and start having a go at me, even though I've done nothing wrong. Before, my brother forgot to peg the washing out and I ended up getting a telling off too because it's "something I'd do" even though I haven't done anything wrong. I can't tell you how angry it makes me, why shout at me when I'm just minding my own business? Why drag me into it? :mad:
    Your dad's a t***.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, you learn to just ignore it

ReputationRep:
    Oh! My mum does that! Hahahaha it does get me mad but then I thought no she's too cute! :'D. But my dad is the worst dad ever he never have anything nice to say about anything I do I go to uni he would said by the time I finished am old or I have a job he be like you need a better job. Everything I do just never get compliments it's upsetting me and it's the reason why I don't like being at home. There will never be one day of peaceful at home because of him. He think he's right in everything :/ and he's the reason I used to lie on my teenage cos if I tell the truth he will say am lying !!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    My mum does that quite often too. She's usually like that whenever she gets really annoyed at my brother and I just happen to be around. It's like she thinks since she's mid-rant, she might as well have a moan about anything she can at that possible moment. I'm kind of used to it now haha
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Me and my mum are both only children and my gran sees us as sisters so she does this a lot too.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 11, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.