The Student Room Group

Does anyone else's parents do this?

My dad has this reeeeeeally annoying thing where, if my brother's done something wrong, while he's telling him off he'll say something like "you're the same!" To me and start having a go at me, even though I've done nothing wrong. Before, my brother forgot to peg the washing out and I ended up getting a telling off too because it's "something I'd do" even though I haven't done anything wrong. I can't tell you how angry it makes me, why shout at me when I'm just minding my own business? Why drag me into it? :mad:
Oh, they just do that. Can't take their anger out properly.
Mine used to do that. I learned the 1 ear in 1 ear out technique :biggrin:
Original post by RHyoudon'kno
Oh, they just do that. Can't take their anger out properly.

But still, why make me feel **** about something I haven't done?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lucybuckleyy

I don't know. They just do that. :confused:
Reply 5

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just reply, rich coming from you
Reply 6
My parents do that too.
Original post by jaang
Just reply, rich coming from you

Nah, coz then they'd screw on about it more.
My dad has this reeeeeeally annoying thing where, if my brother's done something wrong, while he's telling him off he'll say something like "you're the same!" To me and start having a go at me, even though I've done nothing wrong. Before, my brother forgot to peg the washing out and I ended up getting a telling off too because it's "something I'd do" even though I haven't done anything wrong. I can't tell you how angry it makes me, why shout at me when I'm just minding my own business? Why drag me into it? :mad:

Your dad's a t***.
Yeah, you learn to just ignore it
Oh! My mum does that! Hahahaha it does get me mad but then I thought no she's too cute! :'D. But my dad is the worst dad ever he never have anything nice to say about anything I do I go to uni he would said by the time I finished am old or I have a job he be like you need a better job. Everything I do just never get compliments it's upsetting me and it's the reason why I don't like being at home. There will never be one day of peaceful at home because of him. He think he's right in everything :/ and he's the reason I used to lie on my teenage cos if I tell the truth he will say am lying !!

Posted from TSR Mobile
My mum does that quite often too. She's usually like that whenever she gets really annoyed at my brother and I just happen to be around. It's like she thinks since she's mid-rant, she might as well have a moan about anything she can at that possible moment. I'm kind of used to it now haha
Me and my mum are both only children and my gran sees us as sisters so she does this a lot too.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending