Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Just wondering what experiences people have had with publishing their own content online? I've used Authonomy and Wattpad in the past and I've had a blog for the last four years. Does anyone else struggle with how time-consuming it can be?

Also, what sites do people use and what have you picked up on over the years?

ReputationRep:
    i have just used blogspot and wordpress for blogs ? i also published on Kindle.

ReputationRep:
    I use Wattpad. There are a bunch of authors that have started there and eventually got their stories published and sold. My problem is that I never seemed to find time to write.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the bear)
    i have just used blogspot and wordpress for blogs ? i also published on Kindle.
    My blog is on blogspot. Have you had yours for long? :-)

Ooh, what did you publish?

(Original post by chloe5453)
    I use Wattpad. There are a bunch of authors that have started there and eventually got their stories published and sold. My problem is that I never seemed to find time to write.
    Yeah, there have been quite a few published from it. How long have you used it for? :-)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zoe.louise)
    Yeah, there have been quite a few published from it. How long have you used it for? :-)
    Not much actually. I think a few weeks maybe. I just got a hold of it because of a writer that wrote her first draft on there.

ReputationRep:
    Not much actually. I think a few weeks maybe. I just got a hold of it because of a writer that wrote her first draft on there.
    Oh cool :-) I've had an account for two years, only just gotten back on it though. I used to upload my own stuff but took it down.

ReputationRep:
    Oh cool :-) I've had an account for two years, only just gotten back on it though. I used to upload my own stuff but took it down.
    Oh. What kind of stories did you write??

ReputationRep:
    Oh. What kind of stories did you write??
    Hmm, the stuff I uploaded wasn't my usual type. I had a werewolf story and a girly romance thing.

I usually write more serious things :-) do you write ?

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, the stuff I uploaded wasn't my usual type. I had a werewolf story and a girly romance thing.

I usually write more serious things :-) do you write ?

I tried but I don't usually get the idea I want across so it takes me way to long to get the story the way I want. I haven't uploaded anything but I'm thinking about it.

ReputationRep:
    I tried but I don't usually get the idea I want across so it takes me way to long to get the story the way I want. I haven't uploaded anything but I'm thinking about it.
    Yeah, it can be difficult :-\ But, the beauty of writing is how satisfying it is when you finally get the words to fall in place.

Go for it! Have patience and make sure you enjoy it, otherwise it feels like a chore :-)

ReputationRep:
    My blog is on blogspot. Have you had yours for long? :-)

Ooh, what did you publish?

ermm i am not allowed to advertise my masterpiece on here.... it is a taut detective thriller set in the steamy bayous of Louisiana in the US and A ?

ReputationRep:
    ermm i am not allowed to advertise my masterpiece on here.... it is a taut detective thriller set in the steamy bayous of Louisiana in the US and A ?
    Ooh, cool :-) I've not read many detective thrillers.

ReputationRep:
    Ooh, cool :-) I've not read many detective thrillers.
    it is written under my real name: Randy K Hollowbone

Randy

ReputationRep:
    it is written under my real name: Randy K Hollowbone

Randy
    Haha , I'll look it up! So have you been to Louisiana?

ReputationRep:
    Hey !!!

I want to join the writing club too = ) lol

I only just started ( bring on the critic = ) ) ... I' d love to have another's view on my work.....

Please leave a comment I would be really appreciative.... nothing is really motivating me to write at the moment, and if there's no real ability behind it, I really don't know if I should keep hitting my head against a proverbial wall so to speak = )

Thanks guys

http://www.wattpad.com/58772588-call-for-help

ReputationRep:
    Haha , I'll look it up! So have you been to Louisiana?
    ah live in a ole shack couple miles outside Lake Charles. jus' me an the 'gators.

yew kin come over anytime an' enjoy that good ole cajun hospitality.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by heyznothazy)
    Hey !!!

I want to join the writing club too = ) lol

I only just started ( bring on the critic = ) ) ... I' d love to have another's view on my work.....

Please leave a comment I would be really appreciative.... nothing is really motivating me to write at the moment, and if there's no real ability behind it, I really don't know if I should keep hitting my head against a proverbial wall so to speak = )

Thanks guys

http://www.wattpad.com/58772588-call-for-help
    I'll have a look! How long have you been writing? :-)

ReputationRep:
    ah live in a ole shack couple miles outside Lake Charles. jus' me an the 'gators.

yew kin come over anytime an' enjoy that good ole cajun hospitality.
    Haha! Sounds like you're living the dream :-P

ReputationRep:
    Just wondering what experiences people have had with publishing their own content online? I've used Authonomy and Wattpad in the past and I've had a blog for the last four years. Does anyone else struggle with how time-consuming it can be?

Also, what sites do people use and what have you picked up on over the years?
    hi you're wiping the toilets in tesco if you get a writing degree

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fastlove)
    hi you're wiping the toilets in tesco if you get a writing degree
    Haha! I heard long ago how useless a writing degree alone is. Thankfully combined degrees are much safer...but hey, we'll see!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered creative corner threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.