The Student Room Group

What's the nicest thing a stranger has done for you?

:smile:

Scroll to see replies

Hold the door open for me. Can't really think of anything else tbh
I remember asking a stranger in Tesco for 5p so I could buy a bottle of apple juice. Instead, she insisted on buying it for me which I thought was lovely. :h:
Original post by Reluire
I remember asking a stranger in Tesco for 5p so I could buy a bottle of apple juice. Instead, she insisted on buying it for me which I thought was lovely. :h:

That sounds like something I'd do lol xD
Reply 4
Original post by Reluire

Aw. I'd probably do the same really.
Ended up having to run for my second bus as my first was tardy, some guy saw me running and proper took his time getting on and paying and what not so I could get on before the bus driver drove away :ahee:
I went on a skip trip once with my school and couldn't stop sliding backwards towards the edge of this drop that was taped off, I was freaking out because no matter what I did I slid closer and closer to the edge until a random french guy going past dragged me by the arm to some flat ground. Thank you, random french man.
Reply 7
Someone found my Galaxy S4 and returned it to me within 5 minutes of me ringing my phone :tongue:

My phonecase also had money and my cards with it :tongue:
Reply 8
A guy overhear my brother and I deciding on whether to buy a bottle of Lucozade or not as it would result in putting another thing back. He then gave us £1 to buy the drink anyway as he says he looks out for his "brothers and sisters". (He was also black haha).
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 9
Original post by MidnightDream
Ended up having to run for my second bus as my first was tardy, some guy saw me running and proper took his time getting on and paying and what not so I could get on before the bus driver drove away :ahee:

I did that once but the woman saw me and decided to stop running towards the bus for some reason. Cue an awkward silence for way too long when I pretended to be looking for my bus pass, even though the driver knew what I was doing and started to raise his voice at me whilst she leisurely strolled towards us. She didn't even say thank you :frown:
offered me a blowjob
Original post by MidnightDream

Too bad that wouldnt happen in london anymore because from yesterday you cant pay by cash on the buses :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
A wee old woman at the bus stop randomly said I had the nicest shade of ginger hair she had ever seen and then gave me an extra 50p for my bus fare as I realised I was short when I went to pay.
Original post by Ndella
A guy overhear my brother and I deciding on whether to buy a bottle of Lucozade or not as it would result in putting another thing back. He then gave us £1 to buy the drink anyway as he says he looks out for his "brothers and sisters". (He was also black haha).

BROTHERS AND SISTERS:rofl3: !!!!!!!!!!LOLOL why do people do that. *facepalm*. I wish I got that kind of treatment in my area.
a girl gave me a lift home once...that's about the top of the niceness pyramid from my memory
but I remember one easter a few years ago, my friend's dad gave me an easter egg, and I remember it being extremely touching (no homo)
Reply 15
Original post by Ladymusiclover
BROTHERS AND SISTERS:rofl3: !!!!!!!!!!LOLOL why do people do that. *facepalm*. I wish I got that kind of treatment in my area.

Only in London :biggrin:
Reply 16
I went on to the wrong bus and ended up miles out from my home town. I had to request the bus driver take me to the home location free as I didn't have a mobile phone and the last of the money was used on the wrong bus! (I don't get out much, in my defense) Although now I look back, he must have felt obligated because I was younger but it was certainly a kind thing to do; given he could have said no and I'm sure there are some individuals who would!

Silly me for making that mistake, however. :colondollar:
Original post by Ndella
Only in London :biggrin:

Really in London? I live in north London. This has not happened to me!!
People making the bus driver wait for me whilst I run for the bus :smile:

Teacher gave me a lift home when she saw me walking down a road alone and it was quite late..
Conclusion of this thread. The nicest people hang out on the bus:biggrin:
Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest