Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    HTC One recently deleted quite a few of my contacts. When I keep adding them back the same ones keep getting deleted. After checking storage, I still have 20gb of memory left.

I now only have 41 contacts saved, so surely there's loads of room left. What can I do?

ReputationRep:
    Are you saving them as Google contacts?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeyd85)
    Are you saving them as Google contacts?
    "Exchange ActiveSync" What's that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Johnpeters)
    "Exchange ActiveSync" What's that?
    Do you use a Microsoft Exchange account? If not, I'd save them as Google contacts. That was, they'll also be backed up to the cloud. Should you lose / break / upgrade your phone, it'll restore them automatically.

Also, make sure you're actually displaying your ActiveSync accounts by pressing on "Phonebook" at the top left corner of the phonebook app.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeyd85)
    Do you use a Microsoft Exchange account? If not, I'd save them as Google contacts. That was, they'll also be backed up to the cloud. Should you lose / break / upgrade your phone, it'll restore them automatically.
    Yeah, I dont use it regularly though. Will give it a go, thanks a lot!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Johnpeters)
    Yeah, I dont use it regularly though. Will give it a go, thanks a lot!
    Check my edit if you didn't see that too. It may be the answer as to why new contacts keep disappearing.

ReputationRep:
    I had something similar. Basically I did something in settings about which 'account' contacts to show (google etc) and one wasn't ticked so although it was saving them all it was only showing some. Not sure if this is your problem but thought it might help. Not very precise, did it over 2 years ago I think :/

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.