Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I got a place on UCAS, if I make it firm - can I still resign and not pay tuition Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

Firstly I would like to say that I am EU national.

I have a question regarding paying tuition fees (to the University), because I am still not 100% sure of my financial situation.

If I firm the choice -> offer goes uncoditional, does it mean that from this point I HAVE TO PAY 9000 tuition fees?

a) If I decide to resign before course starts - 1x september, will I have to pay or not?
    b) If I will get reply from Student Finance and they'll say that they'll pay tuition for me, CAN I STILL RESIGN (BEFORE THE COURSE STARTS?)

so that I don't have to pay for the loan

c) or .... If I make my offer -> firm choice -> uncoditional, I'll be responsible for paying tuitions fee, whether I'll resign before the course starts or after the course will start.

with regards,
    Tommy.

It is very important to me, because my financial situation might change within a month and I need to know now, if there will still be a room for leaving and not paying(before course starts)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tommy.KD)
    Hi,

Firstly I would like to say that I am EU national.

I have a question regarding paying tuition fees (to the University), because I am still not 100% sure of my financial situation.

If I firm the choice -> offer goes uncoditional, does it mean that from this point I HAVE TO PAY 9000 tuition fees?

a) If I decide to resign before course starts - 1x september, will I have to pay or not?
    b) If I will get reply from Student Finance and they'll say that they'll pay tuition for me, CAN I STILL RESIGN (BEFORE THE COURSE STARTS?)

so that I don't have to pay for the loan

c) or .... If I make my offer -> firm choice -> uncoditional, I'll be responsible for paying tuitions fee, whether I'll resign before the course starts or after the course will start.

with regards,
    Tommy.

It is very important to me, because my financial situation might change within a month and I need to know now, if there will still be a room for leaving and not paying(before course starts)
    You can decline your place even after being unconditional if you decide you cannot or do not want to go to university. Or atleast UK student can do that, I don't think it is any different for EU students.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.