Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Respect to this man, what would you do in his position? Watch

ReputationRep:
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news...-after-3822487
    What would you do in this position?

ReputationRep:
    The DM is a **** website and always takes forever to open.
    I gave up after 30secs of nothing moving.

ReputationRep:
    'She begged him not to phone the police because she didn't want to worry her family'

What the **** no offence to her but he should have ignored the women and phoned the police anyway now a rapist is on the loose when they could have been locked up. Not that I'm blaming him for it he done the right thing, any man should do the same if they run into this situation.

ReputationRep:
    She didn't want to worry her family, but she sold the story to the press? He did the right thing by intervening, but he should have phoned the police after the incident was over, when he was safely away from the woman. Now the rapist is still at large and who knows if he's succeeded in raping anyone since?

ReputationRep:
    He's a great muslim man 👏

ReputationRep:
    Good man, people should try and stop wrongdoing if they see it, especially something like this.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Why would she tell the press who'd in turn tell the whole world if she didn't want to tell her family though?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eva.Gregoria)
    Why would she tell the press who'd in turn tell the whole world if she didn't want to tell her family though?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Good point, though I imagine now she has probably reported it to the police. I can understand that right then in that moment right after the attack being so terrified she probably just wanted it to go away and not think about it but now she has had time to reflect she has probably decided to report it as well as come forward to the press.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SophieSmall)
    Good point, though I imagine now she has probably reported it to the police. I can understand that right then in that moment right after the attack being so terrified she probably just wanted it to go away and not think about it but now she has had time to reflect she has probably decided to report it as well as come forward to the press.
    It's a bit convenient that as soon as she realised he'd be in the press, she decides to tell her story too and be actively involved, probably gaining a lot of money in the process. Why would she get involved with the press if it's hurt her so much? She doesn't want the police to be called when she's nearly raped, she doesn't want the police involved to stop this man attacking someone else on the same night or next night, but when she sees it will be in the paper, she decides to do something about it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pectorac)
    It's a bit convenient that as soon as she realised he'd be in the press, she decides to tell her story too and be actively involved, probably gaining a lot of money in the process. Why would she get involved with the press if it's hurt her so much? She doesn't want the police to be called when she's nearly raped, she doesn't want the police involved to stop this man attacking someone else on the night night or next night, but when she sees it will be in the paper, she decides to do something about it?
    I have no idea I'm not that woman, I imagine she was very much terrified but since the rape never actually went through (thank god) maybe she isn't as scarred as one would think and she may have recovered from it quite quickly. Who knows what this woman's situation is, for all we know she may not have particularly wanted to go to the press but really needed money, or she may have found it important to alert people to her story so that people in central Glasgow would read about it and know to be alert.

ReputationRep:
    Would have done the same tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StyleIcon)
    He's a great muslim man ������
    sadly it looks like she was being raped by another muslim man.

the article mentions another girl who was gang raped 3 asian men.

the description of another man was not mentioned.

ReputationRep:
    Lmao why is he referred to as "Beast"?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fojodef)
    sadly it looks like she was being raped by another muslim man.

the article mentions another girl who was gang raped 3 asian men.

the description of another man was not mentioned.
    The man was described as a White Scottish male about 5 ft 11 inches tall.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reptilian)
    The man was described as a White Scottish male about 5 ft 11 inches tall.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    ah yea its two different guys. i lost track with their overuse of the word beast.

im talking about this bit

"The beast who carried out the attack is described as being aged between 35 and 45, about 5ft 7ins tall, and overweight, with a tanned, Mediterranean or Asian complexion."

ReputationRep:
    Pretty nonsensical to not phone the police due to not wanting to worry the family. What's the chance this is his first, or last, attack? Slim.

ReputationRep:
    Good on him. What would I do? Exactly the same.

ReputationRep:
    Oh god this article is structured so poorly. I would carry on jogging

ReputationRep:
    I'm sorry but this woman begged him not to report it to the police?

The mans a hero, but the woman by her actions has just potentially caused other girls to be put at risk and potentially raped. This attacker will probably inevitably strike again, and i wouldn't fancy having to in her position describe to a potential victim she could have stopped her attacker but decided she didn't want to upset her family.

ReputationRep:
    90% of people say they'd have done the same

lol i doubt it

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.