Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I am going into my third year of university doing a History degree. For my dissertation I am hoping to write about how different groups were treated in the concentration/extermination camps during World War Two. I was hoping to interview a couple of the survivors but have no idea how I would be able to get in contact with them.

Please could anybody help me out with this.
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 23lottie23)
    Hi,

I am going into my third year of university doing a History degree. For my dissertation I am hoping to write about how different groups were treated in the concentration/extermination camps during World War Two. I was hoping to interview a couple of the survivors but have no idea how I would be able to get in contact with them.

Thanks
    Hi

Don't know about meeting any survivors, but have you read the book 'If this is a man' by Primo Levi.
    His account of surviving the concentration camps includes details of how differently the various nationalities of Jews were treated, and how they survived. It also mentions English PoWs and communists etc.
    Its an excellent book
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by 23lottie23)
    Hi,

Thanks
    Hi Lottie23,

What an incredibly interesting diss! I would probably get in touch with... Aber Alumni ([email protected]) - they have a facebook group too (https://www.facebook.com/groups/AberAlumni/).

Away from Aberystwyth I would perhaps ask The British Legion or perhaps Google some other governing bodies... I'm sure they can help.

Cheers,
    James

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I've just finished my history undergraduate degree at Aber, have you spoken to any potential supervisors? If you haven't the first call would be to contact them. The best two might be Dr Peter Lambert or perhaps Dr Arddun Anwen (she used oral testimonies in her recent PhD thesis on WWII expellees, so may have some contacts). But the best advice I can give is contact staff, although it is summer and many are busy. This time last year, I sent a few emails and found a fantastic supervisor for my diss. Good luck!

Poll
Favourite type of bread

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.