The Student Room Group

Biochemistry or Biomedical Science (2015 entry)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Fish eyes
Hahaha shame I don't watch that. Yeah I know the interview is around 20 mins I'm not sure what you do for the rest of your time their because mine is from 12-5 ish. Were their any other specific questions your friends was asked? Thanks for replying :smile:

It was only because he had a Doctor Who bag with him and his interviewer also liked Doctor Who haha :P
I'm not really sure, my friend said that the interview could be really different for different people, he wasn't asked any particular questions besides referring to his personal statement because he reads the New Scientist magazine which the interviewer wanted to know more about.
I guess it depends what they want to know from you.
Original post by reynoldsl
It was only because he had a Doctor Who bag with him and his interviewer also liked Doctor Who haha :P
I'm not really sure, my friend said that the interview could be really different for different people, he wasn't asked any particular questions besides referring to his personal statement because he reads the New Scientist magazine which the interviewer wanted to know more about.
I guess it depends what they want to know from you.

He's so lucky! Btw what was his offer? :smile:
Original post by Fish eyes
He's so lucky! Btw what was his offer? :smile:

3 A's but they said that if he makes them his firm then they'll still accept him if he gets a grade below in the third subject

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by reynoldsl
3 A's but they said that if he makes them his firm then they'll still accept him if he gets a grade below in the third subject

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh that's really good! I'm a bit worried not because although my GCSE's were good. My AS were pretty low (CCCBB). I reckon my interview will be really tough, but they gave me an interview in the first place so there was probably something good about my application haha
Anyone else got offers from either Newcastle or Plymouth???
Reply 65
Original post by Alice1997
Anyone else got offers from either Newcastle or Plymouth???

I do from Newcastle

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by arbucks
I do from Newcastle

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aww! Cool! Did you have to have an interview?
Reply 67
Aww! Cool! Did you have to have an interview?

Nope :smile: but biomedical sciences is my backup as I have applied for dentistry. I have an interview for dentistry at Newcastle.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by arbucks
Nope :smile: but biomedical sciences is my backup as I have applied for dentistry. I have an interview for dentistry at Newcastle.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh cool! Good luck then! Dentistry was what I wanted to do but I was only predicted AAB :frown: so I'm going to try thr Bio-Med route in
Reply 69
Oh cool! Good luck then! Dentistry was what I wanted to do but I was only predicted AAB :frown: so I'm going to try thr Bio-Med route in

Good idea! And as far as I know, Newcastle offer a switch to dentistry after the first year of biomed

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by arbucks
Good idea! And as far as I know, Newcastle offer a switch to dentistry after the first year of biomed

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, it does and so does Plymouth who I both have a conditional offer from but they both want at least AAB for a transfer and so I'm killing myself trying to make it. When's your interview?
Original post by ItsthePuglife
Anyone got offer for biomedical sciences for university of edinburgh?

I do, received it on Friday, probably going to make it my firm :smile: although i'm international

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending