Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I am thinking about applying for Chemistry at St Andrews University and I am wondering how good/modern the Chemistry Department Facilities are?

Thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anastasiyab)
    Hi,

I am thinking about applying for Chemistry at St Andrews University and I am wondering how good/modern the Chemistry Department Facilities are?

Thank you
    Terribly sorry,you didn't get any answer.I have same interests and I post here,thinking it might roll
    Thanks for any comments

ReputationRep:
    the labs are pretty good I can't really say how modern they are as I don't have loads of experience but the equipment that is there is pretty good. You share a fume cupboard with two other people so it can get a little busy at times. You get your own glass set so you don't have to keep looking for stuff like in school. I wasn't overly impressed with the teaching to be honest, the lecture were pretty dull and overly complicated even though the subject it's fairly easy. Hope this helps. Feel free to ask more.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Birdie101)
    the labs are pretty good I can't really say how modern they are as I don't have loads of experience but the equipment that is there is pretty good. You share a fume cupboard with two other people so it can get a little busy at times. You get your own glass set so you don't have to keep looking for stuff like in school. I wasn't overly impressed with the teaching to be honest, the lecture were pretty dull and overly complicated even though the subject it's fairly easy. Hope this helps. Feel free to ask more.
    Thank you for your kind and sincere answer

ReputationRep:
    I don't know about the chemistry building (from what I've seen its kind of average), but the medical building does have some chem students and the labs there are basically brand new.

Chemistry is a good subject at St Andrews.

ReputationRep:
    Ex-Chemist speaking here, the labs are good. Although they can get quite busy...but its normally not a problem. I left Chemistry just after they moved the first/second year labs into the new Medicine building. I've heard good things about it.

Chemistry is extremely highly regarded at St Andrews, many of my class mates moved on to Oxbridge for PhDs.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.